If Sussex Royal is a banned brand...

Started by patman post, February 21, 2020, 02:44:29 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17136 time=1582297519 user_id=54
I would imagine that the jury is out as to just how much will go to charity once H&M get into gear. I suspect charity will begin at home. Weren't Jersey Royal Flukes named in the 1800s before the laws on use of the word royal?

All seems a bit of a storm in a teacup — there's Royal London Insurance, you can have Royal Icing on cake, and sit in the Royal Box at a theatre. And what about all those Royal Cafés around the country from Ayr to Ziggy's at the Café Royal. Perhaps H&M will also complain if the term M&H is used to describe the couple who, let's face it, are now probably as well known outside the UK as Her Maj & Phil...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17134 time=1582296269 user_id=70
...what about Jersey Royals?

The fact Jersey is a Crown Dependency seems a more tenuous link to HM for using the connection than the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have. And the heir to the throne, Charles, uses his royal link to market Duchy Originals, which seems less worthy than linking the brand to specific charities...

I would imagine that the jury is out as to just how much will go to charity once H&M get into gear. I suspect charity will begin at home. Weren't Jersey Royal Flukes named in the 1800s before the laws on use of the word royal?

patman post

...what about Jersey Royals?

The fact Jersey is a Crown Dependency seems a more tenuous link to HM for using the connection than the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have. And the heir to the throne, Charles, uses his royal link to market Duchy Originals, which seems less worthy than linking the brand to specific charities...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...