Government won't release grooming gangs report

Started by Barry, February 22, 2020, 04:03:56 PM

« previous - next »

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17708 time=1582911214 user_id=48
Would this be the same sort of woodwork that you endlessly told us was going to result in the prosecution and jailing of many Tory mp's for election fraud?

Just asking  :roll:

:D  :D
Algerie Francais !

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17706 time=1582905087 user_id=89
There is a lot more to come out of the woodwork yet. As I stated in a earlier message, I have been aware of the problem since 1964 (ish), and it did not involve anyone "Asian."

Would this be the same sort of woodwork that you endlessly told us was going to result in the prosecution and jailing of many Tory mp's for election fraud?

Just asking  :roll:
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17705 time=1582904806 user_id=70
Yes really! This is an ongoing story about child grooming and child abuse that's been festering and occasionally surfacing over several decades, even though its only in the last 20 or so years that it's been seized on and promoted by those with questionable agendas. However, they may have inadvertently done some good by sensitizing the authorities to growing public unrest...

There is a lot more to come out of the woodwork yet. As I stated in a earlier message, I have been aware of the problem since 1964 (ish), and it did not involve anyone "Asian."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Barry post_id=17704 time=1582903782 user_id=51
Not really.

Malcolm Rodger's story was about something which happened in the previous millennium.

Yes really! This is an ongoing story about child grooming and child abuse that's been festering and occasionally surfacing over several decades, even though its only in the last 20 or so years that it's been seized on and promoted by those with questionable agendas. However, they may have inadvertently done some good by sensitizing the authorities to growing public unrest...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Barry

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17686 time=1582890218 user_id=70
I guess this shows how concentrating on one easily identifiable group of child abusers has taken the heat off others and allowed some to direct understandable disgust and anger away from those nearer home...

Not really.

Malcolm Rodger's story was about something which happened in the previous millennium.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17686 time=1582890218 user_id=70
I guess this shows how concentrating on one easily identifiable group of child abusers has taken the heat off others and allowed some to direct understandable disgust and anger away from those nearer home...

That is precisely my point.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17659 time=1582833428 user_id=89
Yet another paedophile scandal comes to light:-

https://www.channel4.com/news/football-abuse-victim-claims-he-was-trafficked-from-scotland-to-paedophile-barry-bennell">https://www.channel4.com/news/football- ... ry-bennell">https://www.channel4.com/news/football-abuse-victim-claims-he-was-trafficked-from-scotland-to-paedophile-barry-bennell

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17572 time=1582791320 user_id=89
There has been plenty of white paedophile gangs tried and jailed in my life time, they have been forgotten about.

I suppose that's also possible, especially if you are the world's newly recorded oldest man, at 111, Bob Weighton.  But how about the last 20 years?
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17657 time=1582832404 user_id=70
I've seen similar press and TV reports, and they left me wondering if anyone really (and I mean really) cares about these kids. Often their parents don't seem to. Or if they're in care, the carers appear top be jobsworths and only do the bare minimum.

Surely, if the law of the land is interpreted to mean that the freedom of young children and teenagers is more important than their health and safety, am I wrong in thinking there needs to be concentrated effort — involving all relevant agencies — directing at curbing such freedom when it becomes dangerous...?

As is usual with such situations those rights were given because of past abuses within homes and at the hands of the law,it's finding the balance which is difficult.

papasmurf

Yet another paedophile scandal comes to light:-

https://www.channel4.com/news/football-abuse-victim-claims-he-was-trafficked-from-scotland-to-paedophile-barry-bennell">https://www.channel4.com/news/football- ... ry-bennell">https://www.channel4.com/news/football-abuse-victim-claims-he-was-trafficked-from-scotland-to-paedophile-barry-bennell

T00ts

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17657 time=1582832404 user_id=70
I've seen similar press and TV reports, and they left me wondering if anyone really (and I mean really) cares about these kids. Often their parents don't seem to. Or if they're in care, the carers appear top be jobsworths and only do the bare minimum.

Surely, if the law of the land is interpreted to mean that the freedom of young children and teenagers is more important than their health and safety, am I wrong in thinking there needs to be concentrated effort — involving all relevant agencies — directing at curbing such freedom when it becomes dangerous...?

I think there is some confusion in care between caring and teenage rights as perceived by said teenagers. AS pointed out in my post earlier I was given the impression that 15 was considered an age when rights were more important than safety.

patman post

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17619 time=1582805408 user_id=48
Just an observation but it's all very well apportioning some of the blame on to the coppers but I remember watching a documentary probably about 15 years ago around this.

The cops  picked up two young girls who had absconded from a children's home,they gave them good advice on the people they were getting mixed up with but with resignation they weren't being listened to they took them back to the home.

Later they were called back to say they'd absconded again,they explained the home had no right to stop them and the police had no powers other than to return them.

Not saying what's happened is right but faced with such a roundabout hardly surprising is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17626 time=1582808037 user_id=48
And you'd prefer to think it was only tories

I have NEVER stated that. Perverts exist in all political persuasions and the general population.

Concentrating on Asians is ignoring that.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17618 time=1582805044 user_id=89
I am in no doubt at all that grooming gangs are prolific no matter what the race, creed, or colour involved. I could not give a monkey's what you think.

The grooming gangs are not specific to any area of Britain either. One could be operating near you and involving "respectable" people in positions of power. (That is just one of the profiles.)

I suspect that you prefer to think it involves only "Asians."

And you'd prefer to think it was only tories because your blind hatred obscures any rational thinking or anybody that opposes your view.

Sad really smurfy because a lot of what you rant about is worthwhile and has some truth in it but you are oblivious to any balanced and rational views.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17618 time=1582805044 user_id=89
I suspect that you prefer to think it involves only "Asians."

And there is the reason why any kind of discussion with you is fecking pointless. What did I write less.than a few posts ago?

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17603 time=1582802262 user_id=50
Listen. Child abuse and paedophilia is not confined to any ethnicity. Let's get that straight.

You don't even read other people's posts. Just go away Smurf, this conversation is over if you can't even be bothered to read what it being said.