Government won't release grooming gangs report

Started by Barry, February 22, 2020, 04:03:56 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Just an observation but it's all very well apportioning some of the blame on to the coppers but I remember watching a documentary probably about 15 years ago around this.

The cops  picked up two young girls who had absconded from a children's home,they gave them good advice on the people they were getting mixed up with but with resignation they weren't being listened to they took them back to the home.

Later they were called back to say they'd absconded again,they explained the home had no right to stop them and the police had no powers other than to return them.

Not saying what's happened is right but faced with such a roundabout hardly surprising is it?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17611 time=1582803465 user_id=50
Tolerance wears a bit thin when you spend half a dozens posts asking for evidence which ends in a claim that the poster cannot supply any or they'll end up in court.  :roll:

You can have as many cherries as you like. I might be going to jail for compromising a Cornish bullsh*t ring. You'll really miss me when I'm not here to chat you up  :mrgreen:

I am in no doubt at all that grooming gangs are prolific no matter what the race, creed, or colour involved. I could not give a monkey's what you think.

The grooming gangs are not specific to any area of Britain either. One could be operating near you and involving "respectable" people in positions of power. (That is just one of the profiles.)

I suspect that you prefer to think it involves only "Asians."
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

As far as grooming gangs go I only know about those that arrive in court and on the news headlines. I guess I rather avoid the underworld but it seems that the relaxed attitude on the cases that have recently come to light has probably given a green light to those who traffic young girls in from abroad who no doubt suffer just as much. The tales of  police and Social workers turning a blind eye to the traumas being suffered by really vulnerable children is terrifying.

I had occasion to approach social services just once when I was concerned for one of my girls. She was 15 and I felt she was being mislead by a group of people just a bit older than her. I was told that at 15 she was old enough to make her own choices! I am going back a good few years but I was given very short shrift and they made me feel I was intruding on her rights. This put me on the offensive to sort her out myself until she came around. Luckily it wasn't too long before she realised what she might be getting into. I wasn't popular for a while but it was worth it. She now looks back at that time as a parent and we are best friends - I think!!

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17611 time=1582803465 user_id=50
Tolerance wears a bit thin when you spend half a dozens posts asking for evidence which ends in a claim that the poster cannot supply any or they'll end up in court.  :roll:

You can have as many cherries as you like. I might be going to jail for compromising a Cornish bullsh*t ring. You'll really miss me when I'm not here to chat you up  :mrgreen:

Just behave nicely and start a new style of being kind and generous and long suffering. You never know it might open doors - even in jail!   :X:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17610 time=1582803007 user_id=54
I know but it's a good lesson in tolerance. It'll be good for you in the end!  Mine's a Henry please!  :hattip

Oooh I forgot to mention the 3 cherries on a stick perched on top please.

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17608 time=1582802797 user_id=50
How about we go to that little bar down the road, I'll buy you that soft drink and we can discuss anything you like, baby  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It just gets so wearying reading smurfworld sometimes  :barf:

I know but it's a good lesson in tolerance. It'll be good for you in the end!  Mine's a Henry please!  :hattip

Oooh I forgot to mention the 3 cherries on a stick perched on top please.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17604 time=1582802463 user_id=54
I can't help feeling that if many more people stop disrupting threads there won't be much to discuss.   ;)  :ZIP:

How about we go to that little bar down the road, I'll buy you that soft drink and we can discuss anything you like, baby  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It just gets so wearying reading smurfworld sometimes  :barf:

T00ts

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17603 time=1582802262 user_id=50
 I suggest you stop disrupting the thread.

I can't help feeling that if many more people stop disrupting threads there won't be much to discuss.   ;)  :ZIP:

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17601 time=1582801624 user_id=89
Evidence I can't give you or I would be in contempt of court. I suggest you watch Baroness Kennedy's comments on the referenced video.

Of course you can't. Whenever you're asked to provide "evidence" there is always some legal or restrictive reason why you are unable to, and you are always on the verge of being in some kind of trouble for your crusading "work" against the bad guys, which are almost invariably the "Tories"

Listen. Child abuse and paedophilia is not confined to any ethnicity. Let's get that straight. However, whites make up about 85% of the population, so all things being equal, you would expect the offender's to be white roughly 85% of the time. In the case of the Muslim/Pakistani community, the sheer numbers FAR outweigh their representation in the population. That is the issue being discussed, and specifically, why the report into this is not being released, not your usual crackpot theories and conspiracies.

Now, since youre free with suggestions, I suggest you stop disrupting the thread.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17600 time=1582801081 user_id=50
I'm not saying they "don't exist", I'm asking you for evidence of this on the scale of that we are talking about for Muslim/Pakistani grooming gangs,

Evidence I can't give you or I would be in contempt of court. I suggest you watch Baroness Kennedy's comments on the referenced video.

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17597 time=1582800132 user_id=89
Sorry but you believe such cases don't exist, I know they do, it isn't conspiracy theory.  Other than Sidney Cooke and a few other cases, reporting on them and even mentioning them is in most cases subject to legal injunction.

I am not going to jail for contempt of court just to give you information.

I have enough people chasing me for info about specific cases as it is.

As state earlier Baroness Kennedy QC commented there are plenty of cases of white grooming gangs she dealt with during here legal career.

That is still on the Politics Live website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000frkh/politics-live-25022020">https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... e-25022020">https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000frkh/politics-live-25022020

I'm not saying they "don't exist", I'm asking you for evidence of this on the scale of that we are talking about for Muslim/Pakistani grooming gangs, which so far you have been unable to supply. No change there then. It looks once again like you diverting and disrupting yet another thread with yet another hobby horse obsession. I wouldn't be surprised if this morphs into "Tory peadophile" gangs within another few posts.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17594 time=1582799491 user_id=50
So, as I said, you don't have any evidence. Just the usual conspiracies, while claiming not to be a conspiracy theorist.

Once again, Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford, Oxford, etc etc. 19000 victims identified in just one year. I said, "on the same scale as". Do you have any evidence or not? No, is the answer, as we all knew it would be. As is usual for the poster who always demands "evidence" from others, but is always unable to provide any himself.

Sorry but you believe such cases don't exist, I know they do, it isn't conspiracy theory.  Other than Sidney Cooke and a few other cases, reporting on them and even mentioning them is in most cases subject to legal injunction.

I am not going to jail for contempt of court just to give you information.

I have enough people chasing me for info about specific cases as it is.

As state earlier Baroness Kennedy QC commented there are plenty of cases of white grooming gangs she dealt with during here legal career.

That is still on the Politics Live website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000frkh/politics-live-25022020">https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... e-25022020">https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000frkh/politics-live-25022020

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17591 time=1582798580 user_id=89
Sidney Cooke. There are many others but mainly due to reporting restrictions being imposed by judges there is no publicly accessible information on the internet.

A few years ago the was a Devon village where a majority of the village was involved and that case still has a legal injunction on it imposed by the judge. I am legally barred from even mentioning the name of the village.

Edited to have, I had forgotten about this nasty bastard. (Police told to ignore some matters and concentrate on others. Typical for such cases) :-

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/paedophile-ring-linked-britains-worst-449519">https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/p ... rst-449519">https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/paedophile-ring-linked-britains-worst-449519

So, as I said, you don't have any evidence. Just the usual conspiracies, while claiming not to be a conspiracy theorist.

Once again, Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford, Oxford, etc etc. 19000 victims identified in just one year. I said, "on the same scale as". Do you have any evidence or not? No, is the answer, as we all knew it would be. As is usual for the poster who always demands "evidence" from others, but is always unable to provide any himself.

papasmurf

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17585 time=1582796704 user_id=50
So, you don't have any evidence then? You know, like reports on court cases or news items, investigations etc?

Sidney Cooke. There are many others but mainly due to reporting restrictions being imposed by judges there is no publicly accessible information on the internet.

A few years ago the was a Devon village where a majority of the village was involved and that case still has a legal injunction on it imposed by the judge. I am legally barred from even mentioning the name of the village.

Edited to have, I had forgotten about this nasty bastard. (Police told to ignore some matters and concentrate on others. Typical for such cases) :-

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/paedophile-ring-linked-britains-worst-449519">https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/p ... rst-449519">https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/paedophile-ring-linked-britains-worst-449519

DeppityDawg

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17582 time=1582796340 user_id=89
There are a number of past cases that got to court and people were jailed, Sidney Cooke being the most notorious.

There problem is people "committing suicide," just before the police carry out a raid, journalists being told not to publish or loses their jobs, and police officers doing investigations told to desist or get the sack and lose there pensions.

The there is houses being totally cleared of any paperwork after someone dies and before relatives can gain access. (Thomas Hamilton being just one instance.)

It is a scandal that has been covered up and buried since in my experience since 1964.

So, you don't have any evidence then? You know, like reports on court cases or news items, investigations etc?

Still, the God of laughter is with us today. Candidate for funniest post of the year so far

Quote from: papasmurf.....if I were a conspiracy theorist...
.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol: