Government won't release grooming gangs report

Started by Barry, February 22, 2020, 04:03:56 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=17426 time=1582573315 user_id=51
I've heard a rumour that Priti Patel wanted this report released and the Home Office did not, so that is why all the fake news is being raked up against her. Don't know if it is true.

Maybe - but does Dom Cummings?

Barry

I've heard a rumour that Priti Patel wanted this report released and the Home Office did not, so that is why all the fake news is being raked up against her. Don't know if it is true.
† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17306 time=1582470624 user_id=89
Disproportionately is not all.

But 'all' would be 'disproportionate'.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17305 time=1582469809 user_id=53
My point being that we should not be living in a multicultural society ,who ever voted for that ?  We are  tolerant of others but it is for them to embrace our culture ,abide by our rules  and leave their faith based laws and criminality  in the shiteholes they have come here from .

When in Rome and all that .

Indeed, and we can be as multicultural as we like.  You can, I can, the Queen can, the media can, anyone can.  We don't need mass immigration to do it.  Funnily enough, people quite like their own culture.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17314 time=1582476437 user_id=63
I know it would have taken 18 minutes of your life, but did you listen to any if what that man had to say.

This was a reporter of the old school, the sort who investigated and reported. He stands at that lectern and describes in detail the story behind the story.

How he was stymied at every turn.

How the police, and the council, when confronted with the realisation a car boot full of documents proving they had done nothing about the grooming and rape of children in care, launched an enquiry into how the details of how they conspired to suppress the hoings on hand been leaked.

This is not Tommy Robinson at that podium

This is a times reporter. And the lectern at which he stands is at a sort of journalists trade show.

If you have heard what he has to say, and still think public rage at police and council connivance at pakistani grooming and abuse of girls way below the age of consent is unjustified, fair enough.

But until you have, I dont think thetes much we have to discuss

It's my opinion that whoever has the final say on releasing this report needs to be convinced that it won't stir up excessive violence if it is made public. If that is their view, then publicly advocating "people should be dragged into the street and castrated with rusty garden shears for this" is unlikely to persuade them to release the report.

I don't doubt that if released, the report will be used by some for their own violent agendas. But I don't see that as a reason to withhold it — the authorities should be acting against those guilty of these crimes even though it may also mean having to control certain violent elements among the rest of the population...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

DeppityDawg

Quote from: Barry post_id=17337 time=1582540158 user_id=51
I just had time to listen to all of that video, with the Mrs also in earshot. I can't remember how many "WTF?" moments there were, but far to many.

How come the Police and social services sat on their arses for so long allowing this to go on? Now the government are sitting on the report, it implies complicity further up the chain. Was it cash or sexual favours that kept it from investigation?

I am not sorry to say that I don't believe the government on this one. When they say it's not in the public interest, they mean "not in our interests". Nothing else.

You know the answer. I know the answer. It was considered more important to protect the facade of "multiculturalism", it was considered more important not to "upset" the Muslim community, than it was to protect young girls from abuse, mainly because their skin colour doesn't fit the narrative that white people are the "exploiters" , and "brown people" are always the victims.

It plays out everyday. Some washed up politician touching a female journalists knee under the table at an event 15 years ago will have the #metoo movement and the liberal elite writing about it in every handwringing rag in the country.  But expect some comment about 19000 working class girls who are predominantly white being abused over many years by older men of largely Pakistani Muslim heritage, and their silence is deafening.

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=17337 time=1582540158 user_id=51

How come the Police and social services sat on their arses for so long allowing this to go on?

Political Correctness, "fear of causing serious public order incidents,"  (Catch all often used comment used by the police.) Members of the "Great and Good," Involved.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

I just had time to listen to all of that video, with the Mrs also in earshot. I can't remember how many "WTF?" moments there were, but far to many.

How come the Police and social services sat on their arses for so long allowing this to go on? Now the government are sitting on the report, it implies complicity further up the chain. Was it cash or sexual favours that kept it from investigation?

I am not sorry to say that I don't believe the government on this one. When they say it's not in the public interest, they mean "not in our interests". Nothing else.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17320 time=1582489637 user_id=50
That video almost moved me to tears. Here, we have a barely believable story of abuse and complicity, the vast majority of victims being selected on the basis of their skin colour, because "white girls", in the words of Jack Straw, were viewed as "easy meat". If those aren't victims of real racism, organised and on an almost industrial scale, then I don't know who are. They number in the thousands. What makes it immeasurably worse, is that not only did our state institutions turn a blind eye to it in the name of sickening politically correct dogmas, they then attempted to obfuscate and fight the investigations, even when the scale of the abuse was becoming shockingly clear. The part about Rotherham Council, after their case files which showed the true scale of the abuse had been leaked, then instead of co-operating, using taxpayers money to launch legal action against those seeking the truth, was just sickening.

This is a story that flies in the face of the wearying claims about people with "brown skin". Racism is not something only harboured by certain groups, or that afflicts only certain people, it affects us all, and this story shows how dangerous political correctness and blind dogma can be. Will we hear the likes of Lammy, or the "rapper" who called the Prime Minister a "racist" this week, stand up and demand answer as to how this was allowed to happen? To fight this racism? Don't hold your breath.

If there is one thing that disgusts me about the liberal left, then it is this. Victim, victim, victim, that is ALL we ever fecking hear. Then when thousands of real victims who didn't meet the stereotype really needed help, they were ignored. Utterly, utterly shocking to the core. Holding back information is likely to make the situation worse. The biggest gift to the far right there has ever been in this country.

:dncg:  :hattip
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

:thup:
Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=17320 time=1582489637 user_id=50
That video almost moved me to tears. Here, we have a barely believable story of abuse and complicity, the vast majority of victims being selected on the basis of their skin colour, because "white girls", in the words of Jack Straw, were viewed as "easy meat". If those aren't victims of real racism, organised and on an almost industrial scale, then I don't know who are. They number in the thousands. What makes it immeasurably worse, is that not only did our state institutions turn a blind eye to it in the name of sickening politically correct dogmas, they then attempted to obfuscate and fight the investigations, even when the scale of the abuse was becoming shockingly clear. The part about Rotherham Council, after their case files which showed the true scale of the abuse had been leaked, then instead of co-operating, using taxpayers money to launch legal action against those seeking the truth, was just sickening.

This is a story that flies in the face of the wearying claims about people with "brown skin". Racism is not something only harboured by certain groups, or that afflicts only certain people, it affects us all, and this story shows how dangerous political correctness and blind dogma can be. Will we hear the likes of Lammy, or the "rapper" who called the Prime Minister a "racist" this week, stand up and demand answer as to how this was allowed to happen? To fight this racism? Don't hold your breath.

If there is one thing that disgusts me about the liberal left, then it is this. Victim, victim, victim, that is ALL we ever fecking hear. Then when thousands of real victims who didn't meet the stereotype really needed help, they were ignored. Utterly, utterly shocking to the core. Holding back information is likely to make the situation worse. The biggest gift to the far right there has ever been in this country.

:thup:  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:
Algerie Francais !

DeppityDawg

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17314 time=1582476437 user_id=63
I know it would have taken 18 minutes of your life, but did you listen to any if what that man had to say.

johnofgwent

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17295 time=1582468078 user_id=70
It's possibly this pappasmurf-style reaction that the government is using as an excuse not to release the report...

This was a reporter of the old school, the sort who investigated and reported. He stands at that lectern and describes in detail the story behind the story.

How he was stymied at every turn.

How the police, and the council, when confronted with the realisation a car boot full of documents proving they had done nothing about the grooming and rape of children in care, launched an enquiry into how the details of how they conspired to suppress the hoings on hand been leaked.

This is not Tommy Robinson at that podium

This is a times reporter. And the lectern at which he stands is at a sort of journalists trade show.

If you have heard what he has to say, and still think public rage at police and council connivance at pakistani grooming and abuse of girls way below the age of consent is unjustified, fair enough.

But until you have, I dont think thetes much we have to discuss
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=17301 time=1582468770 user_id=70
Which is why I think it's more dangerous to keep it under wraps instead of issuing it together with full explanations and an outline of planned actions...

From the newspaper link:-

"We know that in these recent high profile cases, where people convicted have been disproportionately from a Pakistani background."

Disproportionately is not all. Plus there are other investigations ongoing.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17287 time=1582465950 user_id=54
I don't think I understand quite what you mean. We already live in a multicultural society, we embrace or at least try to, the differences between people. Surely there are certain basics that the whole of society must agree with to make living together possible. All people should expect to abide by the laws of the country they live in and we should all expect that, so surely if police/government don't uphold those laws but simply avoid situations because of faith/beliefs/traditions that is not a level playing field.  

Multiculturalism in itself doesn't lead to being treated differently, it is the failure of those with the democratically appointed ability/authority to act.

My point being that we should not be living in a multicultural society ,who ever voted for that ?  We are  tolerant of others but it is for them to embrace our culture ,abide by our rules  and leave their faith based laws and criminality  in the shiteholes they have come here from .

When in Rome and all that .

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17296 time=1582468322 user_id=89
There are a lot of assumptions on this thread about who is mentioned in the report.

Which is why I think it's more dangerous to keep it under wraps instead of issuing it together with full explanations and an outline of planned actions...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...