Freedom of Speech and of Thought Being Destroyed

Started by Scott777, August 20, 2024, 09:12:12 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 21, 2024, 10:09:58 AM
Why do you think Isabel Vaughan-Spruce a known anti abortionist was making herself prominently visible in the vicinity of that clinic that had a Public Spaces Protection Order?

It may not have met the test for prosecution but she didn't just happen to be visibly praying there on multiple occasions.  She was looking to cause stress to women at a very difficult time in their lives.
Really. You can read minds now? Isn't that what the Police have been doing saying someone was praying in their heads, silently?
† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: patman post on August 21, 2024, 01:12:54 PM
Strange attitude — but it's your forum. However, do you mean you don't feel capable of controlling your forum, or you think the government is turning the UK into a Putin-style state...?
The latter.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

Quote from: Barry on August 20, 2024, 10:08:28 PM
(snipped)

I have a small forum and due to the recent change in attitudes, I have made it only readable by logged in members. It's not perfect, but I don't want to be made liable for any comments by members the government does not agree with.
Strange attitude — but it's your forum. However, do you mean you don't feel capable of controlling your forum, or you think the government is turning the UK into a Putin-style state...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 21, 2024, 10:09:58 AM
Why do you think Isabel Vaughan-Spruce a known anti abortionist was making herself prominently visible in the vicinity of that clinic that had a Public Spaces Protection Order?

It may not have met the test for prosecution but she didn't just happen to be visibly praying there on multiple occasions.  She was looking to cause stress to women at a very difficult time in their lives.
Agreed — and sometimes lobbying can become so frequent and/or intense as to become harassing. Admittedly, where the line is crossed may be difficult to pinpoint...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

A Christian friend sent me a link to that result today. I must admit I was very pleased by the result.
There are other people who have been given fixed penalties for standing in the street, silently.

I have a small forum and due to the recent change in attitudes, I have made it only readable by logged in members. It's not perfect, but I don't want to be made liable for any comments by members the government does not agree with.
Why do you think Isabel Vaughan-Spruce a known anti abortionist was making herself prominently visible in the vicinity of that clinic that had a Public Spaces Protection Order?

Scott777

A Christian friend sent me a link to that result today. I must admit I was very pleased by the result.
There are other people who have been given fixed penalties for standing in the street, silently.

It's a good result for the woman.  But the copper won't pay for it.  He should have been prosecuted.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Scott777

Just as I said years ago about protest being outlawed, and then the actual enforcement of that during lockdown, the totalitarian agenda continues unabated.  And people go on about Russia being the big bad wolf.  Time to wake up.

Arrest for thought crime - awarded £13,000 compensation.  And just in case you think that makes it alright now, no it doesn't, because not everyone would have got the right advice and avoided jail, and not everyone wants to be arrested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BSId3ugPww
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.