Labour? I'm through!!

Started by T00ts, August 26, 2024, 11:57:21 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on August 26, 2024, 11:57:21 AM
 London will be ringing not with anti war/anti Brexit demonstrations but anti government.
If 14 years of Tory disasters did no get people out on the street I doubt there will be much reaction to Labour.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Ok I have tried, really I have. I confess I didn't like the prospect of Starmer and his cronies in No 10 and mistrusted most of what they said on air or in their manifesto but I like to think I am democratic enough to say fair do's, they won the election give them a try.
We have had a rough few years and I am now angry that the collective memory has dismissed the referendum on the EU membership and the debacle that caused specifically in Westminster. Our politicians of all shades of hypocrisy obfuscated and lied for months in an effort to sideline the electorate. Then we had Covid. Now if my memory serves if Starmer had been in power his stance would have made the country in a far worse state with longer/harder lockdowns and even higher payouts. 

People stayed home at the GE in July for good reason. Trust in MPs has vanished, and I wonder how long it will be before London will be ringing not with anti war/anti Brexit demonstrations but anti government.