How a Violent Government Bureaucracy Killed Hundreds and Hid the Evidence

Started by papasmurf, August 27, 2024, 11:12:53 AM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 08:39:50 AM
It is NOT a bizarre rant, or made up, it is evidence based as detailed in the book. I suggest you buy a copy of the book, read it and apologise.
I only need to read the cover and that's free to read on Amazon

Please show any cases where the DWP used violence on claimants.  If you can't then this book is a sham and it's you that should apologise.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 29, 2024, 10:19:35 AM
Being in a book does not make it evidence.
Nick the book is full of collated referenced actuarial evidence. (That frankly cannot be challenged.)
I suggest you buy a copy read it and check the referenced evidence then apologise.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 29, 2024, 08:37:19 AM
Nick I am sensationalising nothing. The book is collated evidence.  I have never stated there is no fraud. However the fraud is miniscule when set against the thousands of deaths caused by the DWP. Who have been using a fatally flawed (literally,) "medical assessment," that was subject to a successful class action in the USA for wrongly denying legitimate insurance  claims. The judge called Unum a "pariah company," the "test," was designed by Mansel Aylward who used to work for the DWP. Peter Lilley adopted that fatally flawed test despite that class action.
Being in a book does not make it evidence. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 28, 2024, 06:25:10 PM
Do you never ever realise that with bizarre rants like this ^ and the others you have made over the years, you are actually harming the cause of the disabled.  If you want to help the disabled you need to make their cause seem like one fair minded people can align with.  Instead your rants make it look like signing up to stand hand in hands with delusionaries.
It is NOT a bizarre rant, or made up, it is evidence based as detailed in the book. I suggest you buy a copy of the book, read it and apologise.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 28, 2024, 07:01:14 PM
Smurf sensationalises it always, he also refuses to acknowledge there is any benefit and disability fraud.
Nick I am sensationalising nothing. The book is collated evidence.  I have never stated there is no fraud. However the fraud is miniscule when set against the thousands of deaths caused by the DWP. Who have been using a fatally flawed (literally,) "medical assessment," that was subject to a successful class action in the USA for wrongly denying legitimate insurance  claims. The judge called Unum a "pariah company," the "test," was designed by Mansel Aylward who used to work for the DWP. Peter Lilley adopted that fatally flawed test despite that class action. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on August 28, 2024, 07:13:16 PM
Philippa Day  'Authorities who dealt with a benefits claim from a single mother, who took a fatal overdose after her payments were cut, made 28 errors in managing her case, a coroner has found.'

Errol Graham  'Opportunities to help a man who starved to death were missed, a safeguarding review has found. Errol Graham was found dead in his Nottingham flat in 2018, eight months after his employment support allowance (ESA) was withdrawn. He was suffering severe mental health problems and the review said he could have received support if agencies had communicated better.'

Jodey Whiting 'Jodey's ESA was terminated after she did not attend a Work Capability Assessment two weeks before her death. An investigation was carried out in 2019 by ICE which found that the DWP's decision was seriously flawed and violated its own safeguarding regulations.'

Stephen Smith 'Mr Smith died in April from complications related to his illnesses. He had been awarded a £4,000 backpayment from the DWP for wrongly denying him the benefits he had been entitled to, but he died before he could use the money.'

All died after DWP errors when DWP staff were given targets to sanction claimants.  Other cases are available.
Those cases are just the tip of a very large iceberg. (The book details with referenced evidence going back to 1992 that the DWP hostility towards disabled people was and is a deliberate policy.) I still have filed away my correspondence with Peter Lilley at that time, when I contributed to the consultation. (One of the few people who did.) I smelled a rat about the "work capability," assessment before it was introduced. History has proven me right. 
Despite there now being a Labour Government the DWP are still refusing to release the information about the deaths that they have investigated. (They have taken zero notice of coroners notices of action to prevent further deaths of which there are a growing number.)

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Scott777 on August 28, 2024, 06:41:43 PM
I do find it ironic that some people describe DWP failures as "killing" people, while pretending Covid vaccines are safe.  I bet there has been far more damage from vaccines than from the DWP.  But maybe the poster can give an example of how the DWP killed someone.
Philippa Day  'Authorities who dealt with a benefits claim from a single mother, who took a fatal overdose after her payments were cut, made 28 errors in managing her case, a coroner has found.'

Errol Graham  'Opportunities to help a man who starved to death were missed, a safeguarding review has found. Errol Graham was found dead in his Nottingham flat in 2018, eight months after his employment support allowance (ESA) was withdrawn. He was suffering severe mental health problems and the review said he could have received support if agencies had communicated better.'

Jodey Whiting  'Jodey's ESA was terminated after she did not attend a Work Capability Assessment two weeks before her death. An investigation was carried out in 2019 by ICE which found that the DWP's decision was seriously flawed and violated its own safeguarding regulations.'

Stephen Smith 'Mr Smith died in April from complications related to his illnesses. He had been awarded a £4,000 backpayment from the DWP for wrongly denying him the benefits he had been entitled to, but he died before he could use the money.'

All died after DWP errors when DWP staff were given targets to sanction claimants.   Other cases are available.

Nick

Quote from: Scott777 on August 28, 2024, 06:41:43 PM
I do find it ironic that some people describe DWP failures as "killing" people, while pretending Covid vaccines are safe.  I bet there has been far more damage from vaccines than from the DWP.  But maybe the poster can give an example of how the DWP killed someone.
Smurf sensationalises it always, he also refuses to acknowledge there is any benefit and disability fraud. 

Scott777

I do find it ironic that some people describe DWP failures as "killing" people, while pretending Covid vaccines are safe.  I bet there has been far more damage from vaccines than from the DWP.  But maybe the poster can give an example of how the DWP killed someone.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2024, 04:41:11 PM
Nick, sorry but on this issue whether you like it or not your "point of view," really is a very long way away from the reality. I suggest you get a copy of the book and read it because it is full of actuarial evidence. I am allowed to challenge you and your opinion it is a debate forum. That you wish to stifle debate is frankly scandalous.
I donated to the crowd funding to deliver a copy of the book to all MPs and others, precisely it is collated and very damning evidence. Which if they ignore they will be complicit in a cover up that started back in 1992.
I have my own documentary evidence of correspondence with Peter Lilley and others on file.
I have waited 32 years to get the scandal exposed.
Do you never ever realise that with bizarre rants like this ^ and the others you have made over the years, you are actually harming the cause of the disabled.  If you want to help the disabled you need to make their cause seem like one fair minded people can align with.  Instead your rants make it look like signing up to stand hand in hands with delusionaries.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 28, 2024, 04:41:11 PM
Nick, sorry but on this issue whether you like it or not your "point of view," really is a very long way away from the reality. I suggest you get a copy of the book and read it because it is full of actuarial evidence. I am allowed to challenge you and your opinion it is a debate forum. That you wish to stifle debate is frankly scandalous.
I donated to the crowd funding to deliver a copy of the book to all MPs and others, precisely it is collated and very damning evidence. Which if they ignore they will be complicit in a cover up that started back in 1992.
I have my own documentary evidence of correspondence with Peter Lilley and others on file.
Yes you can debate, you do not constantly call people out of touch or stupid. 

You cannot give me any evidence that shows what percentage of people on disability are swinging the lead. If you think you can you are deluded. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 28, 2024, 04:04:03 PM
I suggest you stop calling people out of touch because they have a different point of view. This is your last warning, next time you will get a ban, I am serious.
I have my own documentary evidence of correspondence with Peter Lilley and others on file.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on August 27, 2024, 06:13:35 PM
Nick you are seriously out of touch with the problem. I suggest that you go on a disability awareness course and buy a copy of the book referenced in the thread starter. (I am being serious.)
I suggest you stop calling people out of touch because they have a different point of view. This is your last warning, next time you will get a ban, I am serious. 

papasmurf

My copy of the book has now arrived. I now realise I have had most of the detail contents of it on file starting back in 1992. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on August 27, 2024, 05:20:16 PM
It's about time they stopped blaming the government and started helping their selves.
Nick you are seriously out of touch with the problem. I suggest that you go on a disability awareness course and buy a copy of the book referenced in the thread starter. (I am being serious.)