Farage Has Amassed A £3Mil Property Empire Since Brexit

Started by Borg Refinery, September 02, 2024, 09:36:01 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2024, 11:58:30 AM
He got millions of votes and your personal feelings mean zero. And they have an office on City Road, London.
Farage does not have a constituency office in his constituency. Clacton.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2024, 11:52:25 AM
No politics of envy involved, he is an untrustworthy smarmy git, who has not even got a constituency office.
He got millions of votes and your personal feelings mean zero. And they have an office on City Road, London.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2024, 10:27:23 AM
So what? Good on him, more politics of envy.
No politics of envy involved, he is an untrustworthy smarmy git, who has not even got a constituency office.

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 02, 2024, 09:36:01 PM

Link

If true, he's already breaking ethics rules regarding registering your interests, no surprises there.

His 'Freedom and Fortune' enterprise was basically called a scam: https://www.adviserhome.co.uk/news/farages-investment-newsletter-does-not-win-approval-advisers

Basically, a scammer really, backed by billionaire investors.

I still find this very instructive: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash
So what? Good on him, more politics of envy. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Good on him though the figures are pretty average for property investors in the SE .£3M wont get you much ,its hardly a 'property empire' and to put it into perspective Tony Blair has amassed around ten times what Farage has since he left office in 2007.

Buying gold has also seemed to be a wise investment if only  Gordon Brown had been of the same mind .

papasmurf

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are fooled by the smarmy git.

Borg Refinery

Quote'Man of the people' Nigel Farage has managed to amass a property empire worth £3 million since the 2016 Brexit referendum, The Mirror has revealed.
The Reform UK leader was shown to be the highest-earning MP after submitting his register of interests to the standards commissioner.
He receives almost £98,000 a month to be a presenter on GB News, as well as £4,000 a month writing articles for the Daily Telegraph and thousands for posting videos on Cameo.
Investigations by The Mirror show that he has managed to build a multi-million-pound property empire thanks to the pick-up in earnings – details that were curiously omitted in his standards submission.
As well as his £1 million family home, which he kept in the split from his second wife, Farage, 60, has bought two beachside homes on the Kent coast in recent years.
His fourth house is another investment property he rents out in Surrey.
The investigation – carried out with the Good Law Project – raises questions about the interests he registered with the parliamentary authorities last month.
His beachfront properties are owned by his company Thorn In The Side Limited, which is worth £1.3 million, but he has not declared himself the sole shareholder.
Nor has he registered any income from "tax-free" gold bullion investment firm Direct Bullion, which describes Farage as their "Brand Ambassador". [..]

Link

If true, he's already breaking ethics rules regarding registering your interests, no surprises there.

His 'Freedom and Fortune' enterprise was basically called a scam: https://www.adviserhome.co.uk/news/farages-investment-newsletter-does-not-win-approval-advisers

Basically, a scammer really, backed by billionaire investors.

I still find this very instructive: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-06-25/brexit-big-short-how-pollsters-helped-hedge-funds-beat-the-crash
+++