Farage Has Amassed A £3Mil Property Empire Since Brexit

Started by Borg Refinery, September 02, 2024, 09:36:01 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Personally speaking, I have never visited or telephoned my local constituency office.
I always use email.
It always gets a response.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 03, 2024, 07:37:37 PM
Has being able to contact your MP via a constituency office proved any more useful to you than for a Clacton constituent being able to write to Farage at House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA, telephone his office at the House of Commons on 020 7219 3000, or email him on nigel.farage.mp@parliament.uk?

All this info is publicly available — and Clacton Library offers WiFi, computers and disabled access...
Being able to access my current MP and when he was the MP in the past was very useful. Face to face meetings often with other people present who wanted to discuss a similar subject was very useful and productive. (What are Farage's constituents going to do when he buggers off to America for several weeks to support his mate Donald.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2024, 06:26:11 PM
Just how do to thing constituents are going to be accessible to their constituents, with no constituency office.
If you can find another MP without one please feel free.
My MP has many ways of being contacted and I think you will find so do all the others with the exception of Farage:-
Contact - Andrew George
Contact

Email: andrew@andrewgeorge.org.uk
Telephone: 01736 335669
Office:
The Orchard
Alverton Road
Penzance
Cornwall TR18 4TE
Facebook: Page | Profile
Twitter: @AndrewGeorge_
Instagram: andrewgeorge_cornwall

Selecting & leasing a constituency office | IPSA (ipsaonline.org.uk)
Has being able to contact your MP via a constituency office proved any more useful to you than for a Clacton constituent being able to write to Farage at House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA, telephone his office at the House of Commons on 020 7219 3000, or email him on nigel.farage.mp@parliament.uk?

All this info is publicly available — and Clacton Library offers WiFi, computers and disabled access...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: patman post on September 03, 2024, 06:12:41 PM
But where does it say that all MPs must have a constituency office? 

To contact your MP, UK Parliament website advises:
Writing is probably the best method, as it provides a written record that can be referred to later. You can:

• Write a letter to your MP at: House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
  • Email them using the contact details in our Directory of MPs
Remember to always include your own address when you write to your MP so that they will know you live in their constituency.
If writing is not possible or you just want to ask a quick question or make an appointment, you can telephone your MP's office.

• To telephone their office at the House of Commons, call 020 7219 3000 and ask to be put through to their office giving your MP's name
  • To phone your MP at their local constituency office, you will find the contact details at your local town hall or library, or it may be given in the Directory of MPs
https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/

Another part of the site says:
Most MPs hold surgeries in their constituency to give people an opportunity to meet them and discuss matters of concern. MPs may run surgeries at different times, locations and frequency.
https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/surgeries/
Just how do to thing constituents are going to be accessible to their constituents, with no constituency office.
If you can find another MP without one please feel free.
My MP has many ways of being contacted and I think you will find so do all the others with the exception of Farage:-
Contact - Andrew George
Contact

Email: andrew@andrewgeorge.org.uk
Telephone: 01736 335669
Office:
The Orchard
Alverton Road
Penzance
Cornwall TR18 4TE

Facebook: Page | Profile
Twitter: @AndrewGeorge_
Instagram: andrewgeorge_cornwall

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2024, 05:08:05 PM
No strawman involved.  Farage does NOT have a constituency office.

Information relating to MPs' constituency offices | IPSA (theipsa.org.uk)

Information relating to MPs' constituency offices | IPSA (theipsa.org.uk)

Under the MPs' Scheme of Business Costs and Expenses ('the Scheme'), Office Costs Expenditure (OCE) is provided to meet the costs of running, equipping and maintaining an office (or offices). This includes the renting of one or more premises to be used as a constituency office, each of which must be registered with IPSA before a rental claim is made. Paragraph 6.8 of the Scheme states that the constituency office must be located within the constituency or less than 20 miles outside it. There is no requirement for the office to be publicly open.

But where does it say that all MPs must have a constituency office? 

To contact your MP, UK Parliament website advises:
Writing is probably the best method, as it provides a written record that can be referred to later. You can:

• Write a letter to your MP at: House of Commons, London SW1A 0AA
  • Email them using the contact details in our Directory of MPs
Remember to always include your own address when you write to your MP so that they will know you live in their constituency.
If writing is not possible or you just want to ask a quick question or make an appointment, you can telephone your MP's office.

• To telephone their office at the House of Commons, call 020 7219 3000 and ask to be put through to their office giving your MP's name
  • To phone your MP at their local constituency office, you will find the contact details at your local town hall or library, or it may be given in the Directory of MPs
https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/contact-an-mp-or-lord/contact-your-mp/

Another part of the site says:
Most MPs hold surgeries in their constituency to give people an opportunity to meet them and discuss matters of concern. MPs may run surgeries at different times, locations and frequency.
https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/surgeries/
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2024, 03:42:13 PM
Actually I have  Nick. He has no constituency office in Clacton , you try finding it. (He appears to be having no "surgeries" because of it.)
Another Strawman answer, read what I wrote. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2024, 02:20:45 PM
All the other newly elected MPs have managed to get a constituency office up and running. Other that that it appears Farage is going to be in America for a few months supporting his mate Donald. That is NOT representing his constituents in Clacton.
From a standing start, Farage got 46.2% share of the vote — most seeming to come from former Conservative and LibDem voters. Labour, Green and Ukip only registered minute increases in vote share.

The Clacton electorate had as much public comment and info about him as anyone, including him wondering: Do I want to spend every Friday for the next five years in Clacton?

Farage campaigned from 12 Pier Avenue Clacton-on-Sea CO15 1QA** (also the home of Gaiety Amusements). But local offices and/or surgeries are not a requirement.

I guess Clacton's got who they want...

** https://www.reformparty.uk/nigel_farage_clacton_action_day_15th_june_2024

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 03, 2024, 03:30:52 PM
ALL new MP's have an office, another sweeping statement that you haven't researched.
Actually I have  Nick. He has no constituency office in Clacton , you try finding it. (He appears to be having no "surgeries" because of it.)

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 03, 2024, 02:20:45 PM
All the other newly elected MPs have managed to get a constituency office up and running. Other that that it appears Farage is going to be in America for a few months supporting his mate Donald. That is NOT representing his constituents in Clacton.
ALL new MP's have an office, another sweeping statement that you haven't researched. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 03, 2024, 01:41:30 PM
Quite

He's been elected less than 2 months and setting up a suitable office for constituent meetings with the needed security isn't something that can be done immediately.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 03, 2024, 01:13:54 PM
So ?
Quite

He's been elected less than 2 months and setting up a suitable office for constituent meetings with the needed security isn't something that can be done immediately.

Streetwalker