Tory leadership

Started by Streetwalker, September 04, 2024, 05:06:51 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 05, 2024, 05:20:52 PM
Seems like a decent enough person as are most Russians if the ones I've met are anything to go by .She has also publicly supported Ukraine  and given millions to the conservatives over the years . I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this one Papa
https://lubovchernukhin.co.uk/
Well yes but seems she's spoilt all that by giving money to that eternal shambles and too often bully Patel who was always the worst of a sus bunch in that election.   

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2024, 04:47:49 PM
Looks that is good thing.

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4066/registeredinterests
The Rt Hon Priti Patel
Name of donor: Lubov Chernukhin
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £70,000 for my campaign for leadership of the Conservative and Unionist Party
Date received: 12 August 2024
Date accepted: 13 August 2024
Donor status: individual
(Registered 25 August 2024)

Lubov Chernukhin is the wife of President Putin's former deputy finance minister Vladimir Chernukhin.
Seems like a decent enough person as are most Russians if the ones I've met are anything to go by .She has also publicly supported Ukraine  and given millions to the conservatives over the years . I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this one Papa 
https://lubovchernukhin.co.uk/

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on September 05, 2024, 04:30:43 PM
As prime ministers appoint MPs to more than 100 different government and parliamentary positions — secretaries of state, senior ministers, junior ministers, parliamentary secretaries, etc, etc, etc — it looks like almost every one of the Tory 121 MPs is likely to be on a promise from one or more of the candidates in return for their vote...
Your right about that Posty but this is the big boys table , you are not going to drop out without a the promise of a (shadow) cabinet post from your nominated candidate . The secret of course is nominating the winner so if it happens it may give a clue as to the direction of travel 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 04, 2024, 05:30:09 PM
Well it doesn't matter now , shes out .
Looks that is good thing.

https://members.parliament.uk/member/4066/registeredinterests
The Rt Hon Priti Patel
Name of donor: Lubov Chernukhin
Address of donor: private
Amount of donation or nature and value if donation in kind: £70,000 for my campaign for leadership of the Conservative and Unionist Party
Date received: 12 August 2024
Date accepted: 13 August 2024
Donor status: individual
(Registered 25 August 2024)

Lubov Chernukhin is the wife of President Putin's former deputy finance minister Vladimir Chernukhin.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 05, 2024, 08:22:17 AM
Tend to agree with that Barry though making the last four will be seen as when the real battle begins . Those four will have the conference backstabbing and tactical voting  to contend with .
[snipped]
Of course one or two are only in the vote to get a promotion and will be bribed off the ballot along the way so we may get the last two at an earlier date
As prime ministers appoint MPs to more than 100 different government and parliamentary positions — secretaries of state, senior ministers, junior ministers, parliamentary secretaries, etc, etc, etc — it looks like almost every one of the Tory 121 MPs is likely to be on a promise from one or more of the candidates in return for their vote...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on September 05, 2024, 12:55:12 PM
Tories try to choose a decent leader
Sorry but that made me laugh.

T00ts

Tories try to choose a decent leader while adopting a snail's pace. In the meantime there is no opposition to a new Government running amok. I supported the Conservatives last time and lost my MP to the LibDems. Looking at the list the end of the Conservative party fast approaches. For me there is no real leader amongst them and more to the point, there is little talent amongst the Opposition benches to shadow the mediocre front bench in Government, no matter who gets lumbered with the poison chalice that is the Conservative party after the next budget, leaving an open goal for Reeve. Abysmal foresight and planning once again.

I thought the debacle of Westminster in the months that followed the Brexit vote was the lowest Parliament could sink. Not so. We might as well all hold tight while they drop us to the bottom of this sink hole that is called democracy. Guess who will be cushioned against the bumps in the fall.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry on September 04, 2024, 08:10:26 PM
I think Patel's votes will mostly go to Badenoch. That would put Jenrick on the back foot.
Tend to agree with that Barry though making the last four will be seen as when the real battle begins . Those four will have the conference backstabbing and tactical voting  to contend with .

Jenrick      28
Badenoch  22
Cleverly     21
Tugenhat   17
Stride        16

Patel          14
Next vote Tuesday 10th then daily votes after the conference (8th October),should have the final two by the 11th October.  

Of course one or two are only in the vote to get a promotion and will be bribed off the ballot along the way so we may get the last two at an earlier date 

Barry

I think Patel's votes will mostly go to Badenoch. That would put Jenrick on the back foot.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 04, 2024, 05:10:55 PM
She does not have a clean record from her time at the DWP.

ADMIN

Spoil another thread and you are toast. Be warned!!
Well it doesn't matter now , shes out .

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 04, 2024, 05:06:51 PM
Well thats Reform given a boost then . Priti Patel ,the only candidate with a clean record on voting for a decent Brexit has fallen at the first . Robert Jenrick a wet remainer one nation Tory leads the race early on .

Looks like the tories have learnt nothing from their election failure and will walk over the horizon into the political wilderness where they will fight the liberals for seats on the parish council

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1d7y92n31zo
If the vote doesn't go the way of Brexiteers and ANOTHER half arsed Remoaner is installed there may be a few coming the way of Remorm. 🤞 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 04, 2024, 05:06:51 PM
Well thats Reform given a boost then . Priti Patel ,the only candidate with a clean record on voting for a decent Brexit has fallen at the first .
She does not have a clean record from her time at the DWP.

ADMIN

Spoil another thread and you are toast. Be warned!!

Streetwalker

Well thats Reform given a boost then . Priti Patel ,the only candidate with a clean record on voting for a decent Brexit has fallen at the first . Robert Jenrick a wet remainer one nation Tory leads the race early on .

Looks like the tories have learnt nothing from their election failure and will walk over the horizon into the political wilderness where they will fight the liberals for seats on the parish council 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c1d7y92n31zo