Tory leadership

Started by Streetwalker, September 04, 2024, 05:06:51 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Remaining candidates making their desperate pitches to the membership .

https://youtu.be/DKHMcfCPx0g

Streetwalker

Second round of votes completed 

Jenrick       33   (+5)
Badenoch   28   (+6)
Cleverly      21   (=)
Tugenhat    21   (+4)

Stride , out 

Patels vote share pretty much spread across the board . The next vote in this thriller is at the conference in October . 

Barry

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 08, 2024, 01:15:02 AM
IMHO Michael Fabricant would stand the best chance of leading the party to victory Union Flag
He's a member of the "Whig" party isn't he? :)

† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

IMHO Michael Fabricant would stand the best chance of leading the party to victory Union Flag
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nick on September 06, 2024, 10:17:56 AM
I'd be happy with that, or even Boris join Reform.
Even better Union Flag

Unlucky4Sum

Nick

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2024, 10:57:03 PM
For me, there's only one hope left and that is for Boris Johnson to return, possibly with Liz Truss as deputy.

Union Flag
I'd be happy with that, or even Boris join Reform. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: HallowedBrexit on September 05, 2024, 10:57:03 PM
For me, there's only one hope left and that is for Boris Johnson to return, possibly with Liz Truss as deputy.

Union Flag
I like to start the day with a laugh and you have succeeded.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

HallowedBrexit

Union Flag

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2024, 06:47:10 PM
Dealing with a Russian woman whose husband was a minister in Putin's government look terrible.
She's British 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 05, 2024, 06:32:19 PM
Patel would have been the best bet for the conservatives in opposition IMO because she doesn't take prisoners is a Brexiteer and would have given Starmer nightmares
Badenoch has some potential but the rest of them may as well be wearing a red rosette .As I alluded in the OP , the conservatives are throwing votes at Reform in their choice for a new leader.

:)
Badenoch is probably the most promising because she's intelligent and able to change.  Patel couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery and is known to be both dishonest and a bully.  In short as leader would make any party unelectable.  

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 05, 2024, 06:35:23 PM
I think she is more associated with the right of the Tory party rather than the social democrat side of it . Nothing to do with the personalities . Which by the way is a good look for that side of the conservative party
Dealing with a Russian woman whose husband was a minister in Putin's government look terrible.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 05, 2024, 06:26:02 PM
It is a very bad look, though, also associated with Boris Johnson.
I think she is more associated with the right of the Tory party rather than the social democrat side of it . Nothing to do with the personalities . Which by the way is a good look for that side of the conservative party 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 05, 2024, 05:43:33 PM
Well yes but seems she's spoilt all that by giving money to that eternal shambles and too often bully Patel who was always the worst of a sus bunch in that election. 
Patel would have been the best bet for the conservatives in opposition IMO because she doesn't take prisoners is a Brexiteer and would have given Starmer nightmares 
Badenoch has some potential but the rest of them may as well be wearing a red rosette .As I alluded in the OP , the conservatives are throwing votes at Reform in their choice for a new leader.

:)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 05, 2024, 05:20:52 PM
 I think you are barking up the wrong tree with this one Papa
https://lubovchernukhin.co.uk/
It is a very bad look, though, also associated with Boris Johnson.