Under the kitchen sink and bathroom shelves.

Started by cromwell, October 16, 2019, 08:08:08 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Fortunately my wife has no such chemical warfare precursors stored away.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Churchill

IMO Beeswax is perfect for most types of indoor wooden furniture, it stops the wood drying out and polishes to a nice shine that also helps waterproof the wood, if plain light wood clear beeswax.

If you have wood garden furniture Danish Oil feeds the wood protects and likewise waterproofs it, I light coat either with brush or a soft rag  before winter does the trick it buffs to a shine as well or just let it dry which it does quite quickly
<r><COLOR color=\"#4000FF\">>After years of waiting at long last on our way out of the EU <E>]</e></COLOR></r>

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=984 time=1571302295 user_id=48
Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=979 time=1571301683 user_id=50

No,.if there's a job to do, I just get my orders from the battalion 1 i/c, then she usually goes out to the Metro or some furniture store or wahtever. Occasionally the phone rings if there's something wrong with her car, but otherwise she leaves me to it, thank feck.

Lucky old you,I'm 20 feet up in the air trying to sort a leaky down pipe joint and up floats "I thought you were going to clear the leaves off the drive"

Leaky down pipes trumps leaves on the driveway every time.Well done you!

cromwell

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=979 time=1571301683 user_id=50
Quote from: cromwell post_id=962 time=1571266699 user_id=48

Yeah well from a mans perspective shopping occurs quickly ie do you have the blodget tool? Erm no it's out of stock but we have the gobbit tool very similar.....which then provokes the standard DD type reply.....no it isn't,feck off followed by swift exit through door  :lol:

Seriously though if I do want a new drill it's.....why do you need it?........erm yes my old ones knackered and you want that job doing...........well can't you use a hammer?........No.....why?........because you don't hammer screws or hammer a drill bit to make a hole.

This is usually followed by a job appraisal which tells you you just do this then that job done!

A bit more complicated than that what is made out to be a five minute job usually takes a couple of days......and T00ts no wood is wood you don't need three cans of furniture polish that are all basically the same. :-P

No,.if there's a job to do, I just get my orders from the battalion 1 i/c, then she usually goes out to the Metro or some furniture store or wahtever. Occasionally the phone rings if there's something wrong with her car, but otherwise she leaves me to it, thank feck.

Lucky old you,I'm 20 feet up in the air trying to sort a leaky down pipe joint and up floats "I thought you were going to clear the leaves off the drive"
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

DeppityDawg

Quote from: DeppityDawg post_id=940 time=1571258506 user_id=50

You're making the mistake of trying to make sense of it from a mans perspective. You can't. It doesn't.

Mysteries like going out with the stated purpose of buying some item or other, spending all day shopping, spending the equivalent of the entire budget of a small country like Luxembourg on sparkly tat and shoes, then coming home without the actual item you went out to buy, are beyond logical explanation.

Yeah well from a mans perspective shopping occurs quickly ie do you have the blodget tool? Erm no it's out of stock but we have the gobbit tool very similar.....which then provokes the standard DD type reply.....no it isn't,feck off followed by swift exit through door  :lol:

Seriously though if I do want a new drill it's.....why do you need it?........erm yes my old ones knackered and you want that job doing...........well can't you use a hammer?........No.....why?........because you don't hammer screws or hammer a drill bit to make a hole.

This is usually followed by a job appraisal which tells you you just do this then that job done!

A bit more complicated than that what is made out to be a five minute job usually takes a couple of days......and T00ts no wood is wood you don't need three cans of furniture polish that are all basically the same. :-P

T00ts

Boys Boys Boys! I feel for you, I really do but you have absolutely no chance of grasping this conundrum. Since few men even see dirt in my experience it follows that they have little thought as to the best way to dispense with it. In each case a different finish is required hence the variety of products. In each case the finished perfume is also relevant to the lady of the house. This alone governs the quantity and quality of the below sink mystery.

As an after thought, with the boss's permission perhaps you could take up the use of said invading items and learn for yourselves the merits or otherwise of incorrect usage and therefore the need for maximum storage space.  :fpigs:   :X:

Borchester

s......and T00ts no wood is wood you don't need three cans of furniture polish that are all basically the same. :-P

And most of the wood is covered in the sort of polyurethane that a 6" shell won't scratch. So you don't need furniture polish, just a wipe with a damp cloth.

Damn good idea women. Someone to laugh with, someone to share your troubles with and someone when there is nothing on the TV. But this idea that they have any sense.......... :D
Algerie Francais !

Baron von Lotsov

I'm the opposite and spend hours looking for exactly the right tools. The last thing I bought was a toolbox, and it took me ages to find it. Thinking about what i got for a tenner though, it is bloody amazing. It's a German invention and you can do this with it and that and every issue has been intelligently thought out. Nearly every other toolbox on the market comes as a standard size and design with the imagination of a government official.

So I get my tool box and I find that when I'm working i know where every screwdriver is, they come out on separate draws, like all the pozidrive in one draw and so on. how much time does this save over the years??? Think about it. You can work far faster and far more accurately with the right tools. Indeed it is the same with the cleaning - right chemicals for the right job. It does not cost more to have three cans of polish, it is just that one type is designed for one type of thing, e.g. you have polish for brass, polish for stonework, polish for wood.
<t>Hong Kingdom: addicted to democrazy opium from Brit</t>

cromwell

Quote from: cromwell post_id=915 time=1571252888 user_id=48
Any of you females out there explain why you need a chemical factory under the kitchen sink?

Bloody thing rammed to the rafters,three different furniture polishes! Why? different sanitisers cleaning tablets aerosols it's like saddams bloody weapons factory,in the bathroom I have one toothbrush,paste,vosene for what's left of my hair and smelly stuff aerosol and bottle razor and shaving foam and that's it.

Other half shelves crammed with different aerosols potions and lotions,scrubs half a dozen different shampoos and conditioners bottles by the score of smelly stuff,I often find my razor has disappeared to be used on legs,(not mine)despite the fact I've bought the female electric job.....bloody nightmare.

I would say answers on a postcard but considering the range of stuff perhaps the equivalent  :lol: of encyclopaedia would be required :P  :P  :cry:

You're making the mistake of trying to make sense of it from a mans perspective. You can't. It doesn't.

Mysteries like going out with the stated purpose of buying some item or other, spending all day shopping, spending the equivalent of the entire budget of a small country like Luxembourg on sparkly tat and shoes, then coming home without the actual item you went out to buy, are beyond logical explanation.

T00ts

Quote from: cromwell post_id=933 time=1571257614 user_id=48
Quote from: T00ts post_id=931 time=1571256873 user_id=54
No Cromwell there is so much more to this. The kitchen sink - different cleaners for different jobs. This takes space and is essential. The bathroom - again different cleaners for different jobs. All quite usual.

The makeup/personal care scenario is totally different. We buy items based on the promises made only to find that we don't like it, it doesn't worK,  we are allergic to it, it smells funny etc. The problem then is to 'waste' the rest. So we put it the back of the cupboard and our minds together with the memory of the cost. Simples!

Essential? Three cans of furniture polish,woods wood ain't it?

Well no again. All furniture is not the same.

Bright Young Thing

Any of you females out there explain why you need a chemical factory under the kitchen sink?

Bloody thing rammed to the rafters,three different furniture polishes! Why? different sanitisers cleaning tablets aerosols it's like saddams bloody weapons factory,in the bathroom I have one toothbrush,paste,vosene for what's left of my hair and smelly stuff aerosol and bottle razor and shaving foam and that's it.

Other half shelves crammed with different aerosols potions and lotions,scrubs half a dozen different shampoos and conditioners bottles by the score of smelly stuff,I often find my razor has disappeared to be used on legs,(not mine)despite the fact I've bought the female electric job.....bloody nightmare.

I would say answers on a postcard but considering the range of stuff perhaps the equivalent of encyclopaedia would be required :P  :P  :cry:

:hattip  :lol:
<t>True focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity...</t>

DeppityDawg

I would say answers on a postcard but considering the range of stuff perhaps the equivalent of encyclopaedia would be required :P  :P  :cry:

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=931 time=1571256873 user_id=54
No Cromwell there is so much more to this. The kitchen sink - different cleaners for different jobs. This takes space and is essential. The bathroom - again different cleaners for different jobs. All quite usual.

The makeup/personal care scenario is totally different. We buy items based on the promises made only to find that we don't like it, it doesn't worK,  we are allergic to it, it smells funny etc. The problem then is to 'waste' the rest. So we put it the back of the cupboard and our minds together with the memory of the cost. Simples!

Essential? Three cans of furniture polish,woods wood ain't it?

T00ts

cromwell

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=925 time=1571255024 user_id=49
You'd soon complain if she stopped using them all!!

Not all but one of each used might help :P