Still needs fixing

Started by BeElBeeBub, September 07, 2024, 10:14:20 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Starmer will continue trying to emulate Tory policy on Brexit, so that's one thing to be happy about - failing badly at it trying to court the right wing press [who back him now, or did a short time ago]
+++

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 08:34:48 PM
All that is immaterial as I said the U.K. has the fastest growing economy in the G7, which is correct. I note that Unlucky has gone very quiet after calling my posts BS, I think he's had an awakening.
No I showed you supposition to be ludicrous.  Seems you want to keep digging.  No apology from me for having a life and been busy of real life things.

A while ago we HAD for a short blip the fastest growing economy in the G7.  We haven't now and we haven't over any statistically relevant time in no small part because your beloved Brexit was a stupid folly.  A triumph of emotional idiocy over proper nation management.

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 09, 2024, 02:24:50 PM
But that is a quarter on quarter figure. Which is very noisy.

Quarter to quarter is a better measure, comparing each quarter with the same one the year before.

Better yet is a longer time scale of a year or two.

This is exactly like the claims of super fat growing economies using the bottom of the pandemic dip as the start.
All that is immaterial as I said the U.K. has the fastest growing economy in the G7, which is correct. I note that Unlucky has gone very quiet after calling my posts BS, I think he's had an awakening. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 09, 2024, 11:51:20 AM
That would a have been stupid Brexit.

In.a.way, I wish we had done that because rgere would be nowhere to hide for brexiters.
The problem with trying to show Brexit was a bad idea is that whatever evidence is show the answer is always "we didn't Brexit hard enough" like telling someone with a headache, the reason banging their head against a wall hasn't worked it that they haven't banged it hard enough.

The evidence that it would have been stupid is that despite the UK having agreed a milder Brexit it repeatedly delayed the implementation of the harder aspects of it (border controls etc) to avoid screwing itself.

What brexiters fail to understand is that any one of other "trump. Cards" they play (like not paying our agreed payments) could be reciprocated by the EU and would hurt us even more than them.
Exactly

Such a hard Brexit would have seen Farage and anyone known to have that backed it seeking refuge in police stations from lynch mobs after we ran out of food in days and had power cuts every day not to mention all those unable to fly out of the country due to denial of European airspace until we paid up on our debts.    

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 11:47:47 AM
I explained it to you but I can't understand it for you.

If on the first on Jan 2024 the U.K. and US economy was £1, at the end of the first quarter the U.K. would have £1.07 and the U.S. 1.04, at the end of Q2 the U.K. would have (£1.07 + 0.6%) £1.134, the US would have (£1.04 + 0.7%) £1.112. Therefor the U.K. grew more. Very simple.
Seem you can't understand that if you want to be obsessed about quarters then in the last known quarter the USA grew faster than the UK.  And if you want to look longer, then over the last year the USA, France and Japan grew faster than the UK

Do you need me to understand that for you?

Unlucky4Sum

so lets try and do this in the right thread

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 11:13:29 AM
So the 3 years of anti-democratic court cases and marches are ok then because the 2019 GE gave legitimacy to an already legitimate vote. Where is this record levels of illegal voter activity?
No one said illegal voter activity

Those who actually follow the topic of Brexit know it was record illegal levels of campaign spending. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 11:47:47 AM

If on the first on Jan 2024 the U.K. and US economy was £1, at the end of the first quarter the U.K. would have £1.07 and the U.S. 1.04, at the end of Q2 the U.K. would have (£1.07 + 0.6%) £1.134, the US would have (£1.04 + 0.7%) £1.112. Therefor the U.K. grew more. Very simple.
But that is a quarter on quarter figure. Which is very noisy. 

Quarter to quarter is a better measure, comparing each quarter with the same one the year before. 

Better yet is a longer time scale of a year or two. 

This is exactly like the claims of super fat growing economies using the bottom of the pandemic dip as the start. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 11:21:12 AM
Leave won by more votes than gave the SNP 50 seats in parliament, is that enough?
A hard Brexit would have been, we are leaving on this day, you're not getting 31 billion in payoffs, that would go to pointing businesses to other markets. You're not fishing our waters, what you need you buy off us.

Along those lines.
That would a have been stupid Brexit.

In.a.way, I wish we had done that because rgere would be nowhere to hide for brexiters. 
The problem with trying to show Brexit was a bad idea is that whatever evidence is show the answer is always "we didn't Brexit hard enough" like telling someone with a headache, the reason banging their head against a wall hasn't worked it that they haven't banged it hard enough.

The evidence that it would have been stupid is that despite the UK having agreed a milder Brexit it repeatedly delayed the implementation of the harder aspects of it (border controls etc) to avoid screwing itself. 

What brexiters fail to understand is that any one of other "trump. Cards" they play (like not paying our agreed payments) could be reciprocated by the EU and would hurt us even more than them. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 09, 2024, 10:43:27 AM
Utter BS ^

Even a five year old would know that 0.7 is higher than 0.6

I note you still can't back this 0.3% cash GDP increase for Germany 2019-24

If on the first on Jan 2024 the U.K. and US economy was £1, at the end of the first quarter the U.K. would have £1.07 and the U.S. 1.04, at the end of Q2 the U.K. would have (£1.07 + 0.6%) £1.134, the US would have (£1.04 + 0.7%) £1.112. Therefor the U.K. grew more. Very simple. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 09:38:46 AM
Who mentioned 3 months apart from you?
Its evident that maths isn't your strong point other wise you would understand that 60% or 0.7 is more than 70% of 0.4. 0.42 is greater than 0.28, therefore the U.K. grew faster than the U.S.  The third quarter isn't complete yet so the story might change but ATM the U.K. is growing faster than any other G7 country as was stated.
Utter BS ^

Even a five year old would know that 0.7 is higher than 0.6

I note you still can't back this 0.3% cash GDP increase for Germany 2019-24

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 09, 2024, 09:46:05 AM
On my part this is simply a method to show that Labour's claims that the economy is in free fall is utter rubbish, nothing more, nothing less.
Frankly both Labour and Conservatives misuse statistics and both never correct their statements when challenged.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 09, 2024, 08:58:38 AM
This was a claim made by Sunak before the election and is try if you look at 2024Q1 vs the previous quarter.  That is not a great measure as it is very variable.

Let's see what full fact have to say about the claim.

This is true when looking at the latest quarterly GDP growth for G7 countries. But the UK's annual growth last year was among the worst in the G7, and the UK has seen comparatively slower growth since the pandemic than most other G7 countries, including the US.
The full article is here

https://fullfact.org/economy/gdp-growth-international-comparisons/

Interestingly, regarding this thread, the gdp growth is coming from services not manufacturing which is continuing to struggle.

(https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05206/)

The feedback from manufacturers is that Brexit has made conditions harder not easier.

I contrast to the promises about global trade deals etc, all that has happened is trading with EU nations has become harder whilst trading with no EU nations has not become easier. (this was predicted)
On my part this is simply a method to show that Labour's claims that the economy is in free fall is utter rubbish, nothing more, nothing less. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 09, 2024, 12:20:21 AM
There you go again.  Disproved on the 2019-24 position you resort to your earlier incorrect belief that now is the first 3 months of the year.  It isn't and only a fool thinks a 3 months snapshot is evidence of a long term position.

A reminder of what you are still trying to hide from  https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/ 

Not the fastest in the last year, even France beat us

Who mentioned 3 months apart from you?
Its evident that maths isn't your strong point other wise you would understand that 60% or 0.7 is more than 70% of 0.4. 0.42 is greater than 0.28, therefore the U.K. grew faster than the U.S.  The third quarter isn't complete yet so the story might change but ATM the U.K. is growing faster than any other G7 country as was stated. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 08, 2024, 09:55:06 PM
I'm talking about fastest growing economy, and the U.K. has the fastest growing economy in the G7.

This was a claim made by Sunak before the election and is try if you look at 2024Q1 vs the previous quarter.  That is not a great measure as it is very variable. 

Let's see what full fact have to say about the claim. 

This is true when looking at the latest quarterly GDP growth for G7 countries. But the UK's annual growth last year was among the worst in the G7, and the UK has seen comparatively slower growth since the pandemic than most other G7 countries, including the US.
The full article is here 

https://fullfact.org/economy/gdp-growth-international-comparisons/

Interestingly, regarding this thread, the gdp growth is coming from services not manufacturing which is continuing to struggle.

(https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05206/

The feedback from manufacturers is that Brexit has made conditions harder not easier. 

I contrast to the promises about global trade deals etc, all that has happened is trading with EU nations has become harder whilst trading with no EU nations has not become easier. (this was predicted) 

Unlucky4Sum

There you go again.  Disproved on the 2019-24 position you resort to your earlier incorrect belief that now is the first 3 months of the year.  It isn't and only a fool thinks a 3 months snapshot is evidence of a long term position.

A reminder of what you are still trying to hide from  https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn02784/  

Not the fastest in the last year, even France beat us