Still needs fixing

Started by BeElBeeBub, September 07, 2024, 10:14:20 AM

« previous - next »

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 12, 2024, 09:53:58 PM
Oh the irony
You can obfuscate all you want, you still haven't shown how the U.K. (Q1 and Q2) has been outgrown by the U.S.  60% or 0.7 is more than 70% of 0.4, this is a mathematical fact and all the bluster in the world from you doesn't change that. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2024, 10:26:34 AM
I have my own personal experience, I don't need feeding anything.

Personal experience often does not reflect the national picture. It is a very big mistake to base opinion on personal experience.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 12, 2024, 10:26:34 AM

As for debate, changing a time frame for data analysis to suite your needs isn't debating, it's dishonest at best.
Oh the irony

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 12, 2024, 09:36:22 AM
Well Nick look who started the cross forum sniping
I came back here to debate topics, maybe I should have known better.

As for debate, changing a time frame for data analysis to suite your needs isn't debating, it's dishonest at best. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2024, 11:56:17 PM

Nobody fed me lies, what are you talking about?

Well Nick look who started the cross forum sniping
Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 11, 2024, 12:57:45 AM
That's exactly how it is, he would just delete my posts if he considered them "misinformation". . .
Quote from: Nick on September 10, 2024, 10:22:41 PM. . uoj can't just delete my posts isn't it, that's your usual modus operandi.

I came back here to debate topics, maybe I should have known better.

Borg Refinery

Naturally, it will all be the Tories fault that growth will stagnate in Sept: The Times

QuoteThe UK economy stagnated in July, marking the second consecutive month of zero growth.
Official figures showed the economy flatlined in July, below the 0.2 per cent growth in gross domestic product (GDP) forecast by economists.
The economy expanded by 0.5 per cent when measured on a rolling three-month basis, dipping from 0.6 per cent in the previous period.
The stagnant performance is likely to result in an overall slowdown in quarterly growth after the economy has performed better than expected in in 2024.
Gross domestic product rose by 0.7 per cent in the first quarter and 0.6 per cent in between April and June, according to the Office for National Statistics, among the highest rates in the G7.
The ONS said July's weak growth performance reflected a decline in monthly production output of 0.8 per cent, and a 0.4 per cent contraction in construction. The services sector, which makes up the largest part of UK growth, expanded by a modest 0.1 per cent in July. The figures coincided with the general election on July 4 and the start of the Euros football championship.
Rachel Reeves, chancellor, said the figures reflected the government's challenge in overturning "14 years of stagnation".
"I am under no illusion about the scale of the challenge we face and I will be honest with the British people that change will not happen overnight," she said. Two quarters of positive economic growth does not make up for fourteen years of stagnation."

+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 10:50:38 PM
FFS Juncker said a lot of things, some even while sober but he was not 'the EU' and in fact 'the EU' often publicly rejected his ramblings.

So yes you can find some people in the EU that thought something including some with official posts but 'the EU' never said what you asserted with that false ' the EU wanted the country to leave the bloc within 6 months'.
Wow, so now what he says doesn't matter? 

Is this like that time you said the EU's own definition of itself - as a political union - doesn't fit a "common sense" definition of the EU?

This is like pulling teeth, you're now even bizarrely accusing me of "feeding lies" to him about something we've never even talked about before, as he just told you. But you won't even believe his own account of it.

It's not worth bothering with, so you believe whatever you want to believe
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2024, 11:56:17 PM

He thinks everyone talks about him and his forum behind his back, but no one is actually interested until he starts becoming rude and we point out he can always go back to his own forum as an example of how successful his debating style it was - that the forum got shut down ;D
+++

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 11:49:15 PM
FFS it was Borg that made the nasty comment and YOU that instead of telling him to shut it had a pop at me about other forums. 

So because you the forum owner took that stance, I defended myself.

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 10:43:39 PM
oh so you're the loser that fed Nick lies.  

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2024, 11:51:27 PM
You clearly don't understand maths so I won't waste any more time explaining it to you. You just carry on thinking 7 x 6 is less than 4 x 7. 🙄
Not my thinking at all.  I just think present tense assertions should refer to the present.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 11:40:34 PM
I accept the growth in Q1 just like I accept the contraction in Q4 last year.  And any present tense assertion should either be for the last known quarter of last known full year.  The Q3 2024 figures are going to be interesting.

Our GDP record since that vote has been poor in comparison to our peers and is no basis for justifying Brexit which is best 'justified' using other aspects.  The economics were always going to be on the cons side of a pros and cons analysis and so they have turned out to be.
You clearly don't understand maths so I won't waste any more time explaining it to you. You just carry on thinking 7 x 6 is less than 4 x 7. 🙄 

Unlucky4Sum

FFS it was Borg that made the nasty comment and YOU that instead of telling him to shut it had a pop at me about other forums.   

So because you the forum owner took that stance, I defended myself.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 10:43:39 PM
oh so you're the loser that fed Nick lies. 

You signed up to a forum that had rules about libel (because our host insisted on such).  You libelled publicly known figures and were asked to justify your comment or it would be removed.  You failed and as an example your'bent as shit' claim about that public figure was removed from full view.
I have no clue what you are intimating but I suggest you desist. 
This forum is fairly free from personal animosity, the only angst comes from individual posts. If you have grudges from other forums leave them outside.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 11, 2024, 11:33:59 PM
My bad and typo, it should have read 4 month, but still you won't accept the growth from Q1.
I accept the growth in Q1 just like I accept the contraction in Q4 last year.  And any present tense assertion should either be for the last known quarter or last known full year.  The Q3 2024 figures are going to be interesting.

Our GDP record since that vote has been poor in comparison to our peers and is no basis for justifying Brexit which is best 'justified' using other aspects.  The economics were always going to be on the cons side of a pros and cons analysis and so they have turned out to be.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 11, 2024, 10:34:15 PM
WTF are you rambling on about now?

Show me where I mentioned 'one month' and as for believing some loser's false account of another place well you're easily fooled then aren't you.
My bad and typo, it should have read 4 month, but still you won't accept the growth from Q1.