People questioning Letby verdict ‘should be ashamed of themselves-inquiry hears

Started by Barry, September 12, 2024, 04:04:41 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2024, 05:42:34 PM
Not questioning the verdict. However why she was let get away with it so long does need an enquiry.
Consultants who had suspicions about Letby were stifled by the culture in the NHS which prefers to attack whistle-blowers rather than root out criminals.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 12, 2024, 06:07:21 PM
IF she did it
My wife and I had misgivings about the case from day one. But we are not going to argue with the verdict.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Borg Refinery

Quote from: papasmurf on September 12, 2024, 05:42:34 PM
Not questioning the verdict. However why she was let get away with it so long does need an enquiry.
IF she did it
+++

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

I have not looked into the case much, but a lot of people have questioned it, and any media using "conspiracy theories" as an argument should be seriously questioned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyBr06bKjpY
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borg Refinery

There are real questions regarding this case: https://archive.ph/darkk

I don't think it has anything to do with whether some people "prefer our monsters to look like monsters, to be easy to identify and to be far removed from ourselves"

All that being said, personally, she does "look" like she has the capability for monstrosity to me, given photos I've seen where she pulls a creepy and barely existent smile, but that's no way to judge who's guilty of what
+++

Barry

QuotePeople who have questioned the Lucy Letby guilty verdict "should be ashamed of themselves", an inquiry has heard.

Richard Baker KC, who is representing the families of some of the babies, said those who cast doubt on the court's decision "should be ashamed of themselves" for "recklessly promoting conspiracy theories".

He said that it was "naive" to think that someone who chooses to work in a caring profession cannot be a murderer.

Mr Baker said: "Lucy Letby was not convicted on the basis of questionable statistics but because the factual and expert medical evidence demonstrated beyond reasonable doubt that she had harmed children at the hospital."

He added that it was "naive" to think someone who chooses to work in a caring profession cannot be a murderer.

"Evil can be banal," he said, adding: "We prefer our monsters to look like monsters, to be easy to identify and to be far removed from ourselves."

Letby was convicted last year of the murders of seven babies and the attempted murders of six others, as well as the attempted murder of a seventh baby at retrial in July.

The neonatal nurse is serving 15 whole-life orders, making her the fourth woman in UK history to be told she will never be released from prison.

She was convicted of murdering seven new-born babies and attempting to murder seven others at the Countess of Chester Hospital between 2015 and 2016.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/09/12/lucy-letby-inquiry-latest-news/

Some people do think that evil has to look horrible. Evil people look just the same as everyone else.
† The end is nigh †