Labour and the reality of being in power

Started by cromwell, September 16, 2024, 10:31:54 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 26, 2024, 10:12:12 PMCan't be infighting as Sultana is an embittered not Labour MP
If you say so  ::)

It was infighting which got her suspended as a Labour MP, which she was voted in as.
So it's more of the same.
 Butt Kick
† The end is nigh †

srb7677

Quote from: cromwell on September 16, 2024, 10:31:54 AMDon't think they've got their collective heads round it or handled it well,all govts have a honeymoon period theirs looks like a one night stand.

Well they only got 35 percent of a low turnout so hardly a ringing endorsement in the first place. They were gifted their massive majority not by massive support for them but massive tactical voting against the Tories, the collapse of the SNP in Scotland, and Reform doing immense damage to what was left of the Tory vote.

The size of Labour's majority makes the party untouchable before the next election, but it could then collapse as rapidly as it was built, especially if the right gets its act together. At the moment Reform is doing to the Tories what the SDP did to Labour four decades ago.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Borg Refinery

+++

Unlucky4Sum

Can't be infighting as Sultana is an embittered not Labour MP

Barry

https://twitter.com/zarahsultana/status/1838952547039519231

Zarah Sultana MP posts on X

QuoteGoogle provided £10,000 of hospitality to senior Labour figures & the party ditched plans to raise the Digital Services Tax.

Quadrature, a Cayman Islands hedge-fund which invests in fossil fuels, donated £4m & its climate advisory board co-chair is now Climate Envoy.

Infighting already.
I've never seen a more incompetent bunch in the great offices of state.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

+++

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 26, 2024, 07:02:02 PMIf Starmer doesn't get his act together (very unlikely) you will be needing it

There is only one road into the village where I live. Blocking the road is easy.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 26, 2024, 04:58:04 PMThe only baton I have is a riot baton.

If Starmer doesn't get his act together (very unlikely) you will be needing it

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2024, 04:55:49 PMSomeone has got to take the baton off you from time to time.

The only baton I have is a riot baton.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 26, 2024, 04:12:30 PMThe Tories get a leader right?  ;D  Boris?  ::)  Reform Party?  ;D I needed a good laugh.
Someone has got to take the baton off you from time to time.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

This isn't anything like as bad as  Boris giving a known sexual pervert extra power to carry out his despicable practice.  And that's what got him removed.

Starmer's there til he loses an election or 10 years is up.   

Barry

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2024, 04:04:13 PMIf the Tories get the leader right, Labour will be lucky to see out 2 years. And if Boris was to tip up in the reform party things will be very interesting, may even become opposition if enough cross the floor.

They have a cast iron mandate for 5 years. Labour MPs are never going to be turkeys voting for Christmas with a government no confidence vote.
However Starmer won't last long.
It'll be the Labour version of when Boris was deposed.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 26, 2024, 04:04:13 PMIf the Tories get the leader right, Labour will be lucky to see out 2 years. And if Boris was to tip up in the reform party things will be very interesting, may even become opposition if enough cross the floor.

The Tories get a leader right?  ;D  Boris?  ::)  Reform Party?  ;D I needed a good laugh.

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 26, 2024, 03:58:01 PMThis weeks interviews have been a disaster for Starmer . Stumbling through Sunday morning with Knunsberg ,unable to answer a single question on LBC and even letting the daft bird from Croydon get the better of him on GMTV .
He's been rumbled over how much he has been contributing to the black hole  with agreeing pay rises with the unions , hasn't got a clue on stopping the small boats , changes his mind on various subjects daily and even his own party voted against his first policy of the winter fuel payments .
The freebies , the bungled prisoner releases ,Lammy at the UN ,Rachel 'I'm making tough decisions' Reeves , Rayner employing a vanity snapper in attempt to stay relevant because Starmer obviously thinks she isn't .
The hill they built for themselves on the moral high ground is now below sea level .I thought they would be poor but this is amateur night on steroids . Yesterday's announcement that veterans would get public housing was a ray of hope extinguished today when he admitted they would be in the queue behind asylum seekers .(so nothing changed then)

I honestly don't think a vote of no confidence is that far away ,not because his MP's disagree with him but because they will be fed up with the laughter ,the man is a clown . Rayner with the backing of the unions will become leader and then the fun will really begin .
If the Tories get the leader right, Labour will be lucky to see out 2 years. And if Boris was to tip up in the reform party things will be very interesting, may even become opposition if enough cross the floor.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

This weeks interviews have been a disaster for Starmer . Stumbling through Sunday morning with Knunsberg ,unable to answer a single question on LBC and even letting the daft bird from Croydon get the better of him on GMTV .
He's been rumbled over how much he has been contributing to the black hole  with agreeing pay rises with the unions , hasn't got a clue on stopping the small boats , changes his mind on various subjects daily and even his own party voted against his first policy of the winter fuel payments .
The freebies , the bungled prisoner releases ,Lammy at the UN ,Rachel 'I'm making tough decisions' Reeves , Rayner employing a vanity snapper in attempt to stay relevant because Starmer obviously thinks she isn't .
The hill they built for themselves on the moral high ground is now below sea level .I thought they would be poor but this is amateur night on steroids . Yesterday's announcement that veterans would get public housing was a ray of hope extinguished today when he admitted they would be in the queue behind asylum seekers .(so nothing changed then)

I honestly don't think a vote of no confidence is that far away ,not because his MP's disagree with him but because they will be fed up with the laughter ,the man is a clown . Rayner with the backing of the unions will become leader and then the fun will really begin .