Labour's Values - Unbelievable - Terrorists Get Social Housing

Started by Borg Refinery, September 17, 2024, 01:07:33 AM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 18, 2024, 08:59:37 PM
I won't waste any more time on this. Refer to my signature.
Or in short you know the OP was asking for non terrorists to have the extra judicial punishment of being banned from social housing.

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 08:53:37 PM
So you don't think that the OP calls for those convicted of money laundering under the terrorism acts to have a permanent ban on being able to apply for social housing.

Read it again
I won't waste any more time on this. Refer to my signature.
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 18, 2024, 08:41:40 PM
The OP doesn't say that either. Are you ill? Have you lost the ability to read and understand English?
What you are doing is tantamount to lying and it is just wasting time with pointless arguments about nothing at all.
So you don't think that the OP calls for those convicted of money laundering under the terrorism acts to have a permanent ban on being able to apply for social housing.

Read it again

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 18, 2024, 08:32:24 PM
So you didn't read the OP then
The OP doesn't say that either. Are you ill? Have you lost the ability to read and understand English?
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 10:28:34 PM
Some here want those with spent convictions to have a lifetime of not being able to apply for social housing IE an extra punishment the judiciary did not impose.

What you are doing is tantamount to lying and it is just wasting time with pointless arguments about nothing at all.
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 18, 2024, 03:57:58 PM
It's what they do, it's why you can't have an honest conversation with them - no matter how hard you try

Look at people here defending terrorists getting social housing and benefits, and we're the outrageously unfair ones

How are we meant to live under this?
No one defended terrorists getting such.  Maybe you don't understand the difference between 'terrorists' and people convicted under the terrorism acts.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 18, 2024, 12:12:41 PM
That's why you stumped me. You are making stuff up. "Some here" have posted no such thing.
So you didn't read the OP then

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on September 18, 2024, 12:12:41 PM
That's why you stumped me. You are making stuff up. "Some here" have posted no such thing.

It's what they do, it's why you can't have an honest conversation with them - no matter how hard you try

Look at people here defending terrorists getting social housing and benefits, and we're the outrageously unfair ones

How are we meant to live under this?
+++

Barry

Some here want those with spent convictions to have a lifetime of not being able to apply for social housing IE an extra punishment the judiciary did not impose.
† The end is nigh †

BeElBeeBub

As I mentioned earlier, I suspect this is the telegraph winding people up. 

The wording is specific and it is only certain terrorist offenses that will be eligible once spent. The implication being that the majority of offences won't be spent irneligible. 

A more interesting question would be how many people convicted of terrorist offenses are claiming the said benefit..... Ivm gonna guess very few to zero. 

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2024, 11:51:58 PM
Convictions are not spent when your sentence is up, try and get security clearance, you'll soon find out that.
The spent, not expunged. 
All your convictions, charges, arrests and even just contacts with the police will be viewed for your security clearance.

Just being associated with a terrorist will probably be a bar. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 17, 2024, 11:51:58 PM
Convictions are not spent when your sentence is up, try and get security clearance, you'll soon find out that.
'Life' or equivalent offences excluded, they are 'spent' (more correctly known as rehabilitation periods) after a defined time -  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rehabilitation-periods

S
ecurity clearance is a special case (there are others) but access to social housing shouldn't be. 

Nick

Anyone convicted of terrorism should never have their crimes discharged, simple.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Nick

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 17, 2024, 12:51:03 PM
Convictions are spent when your sentence is up.
Your sentence will consist of various parts, including how long you must spend in jail but there will be a time period (often longer than the jail time) when your conviction is considered spent.

Some convictions are never spent - life for murder, some sex offences above a certain level and some terrorism, again above a certain level.

The point is that the judge will set the time limit for the conviction to become spent (if any). If the judge viewed the offence as suitible for being spent at some point then this is the consequence.

I notice the article only mentioned money laundering for terrorism. Itvs possible and I haven't looked into it) that this is the only (or one of a few) ctqgories of terrorism that can be spent.  But being the Telegraph they spun the terrorist angle to make people think that guys who go on mass stabbing sprees and plant bombs get council houses.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 06:14:50 PM
You've stumped me there. I have no idea what you are talking about.