Labour's Values - Unbelievable - Terrorists Get Social Housing

Started by Borg Refinery, September 17, 2024, 01:07:33 AM

« previous - next »

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 05:42:26 PM
Only to those who like the idea of extra judicial punishments. 
You've stumped me there. I have no idea what you are talking about.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 17, 2024, 12:51:03 PM
Convictions are spent when your sentence is up.
Your sentence will consist of various parts, including how long you must spend in jail but there will be a time period (often longer than the jail time) when your conviction is considered spent.

Some convictions are never spent - life for murder, some sex offences above a certain level and some terrorism, again above a certain level.

The point is that the judge will set the time limit for the conviction to become spent (if any). If the judge viewed the offence as suitible for being spent at some point then this is the consequence.

I notice the article only mentioned money laundering for terrorism. Itvs possible and I haven't looked into it) that this is the only (or one of a few) ctqgories of terrorism that can be spent.  But being the Telegraph they spun the terrorist angle to make people think that guys who go on mass stabbing sprees and plant bombs get council houses.
Do you have a govt link to that?

The Ministry of justice states that terrorism amongst others will never be spent.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 02:52:36 PM
Of course, I knew that when I asked the question, but Bellybubble obviously didn't. As it's about terrorist offences, the whole point of spent convictions was a huge red herring.
Only to those who like the idea of extra judicial punishments.  

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 17, 2024, 12:38:36 PM
Ha you're right they don't.

Therefore, the types of offences that it deems to be ineligible, and thus are never spent, remains. Unsurprisingly, these are offences of violent crime, sexual offences and terrorism.[color=var(--IXoxUe)]29 Nov 2023[/color]
Of course, I knew that when I asked the question, but Bellybubble obviously didn't. As it's about terrorist offences, the whole point of spent convictions was a huge red herring. 
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 17, 2024, 12:51:03 PM
Your sentence will consist of various parts, including how long you must spend in jail but there will be a time period (often longer than the jail time) when your conviction is considered spent.

Some convictions are never spent - life for murder, some sex offences above a certain level and some terrorism, again above a certain level.

The point is that the judge will set the time limit for the conviction to become spent (if any). If the judge viewed the offence as suitible for being spent at some point then this is the consequence.

I notice the article only mentioned money laundering for terrorism. Itvs possible and I haven't looked into it) that this is the only (or one of a few) ctqgories of terrorism that can be spent.  But being the Telegraph they spun the terrorist angle to make people think that guys who go on mass stabbing sprees and plant bombs get council houses.
Well said

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 10:52:25 AM
When do terrorism convictions become spent convictions?

cromwell

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 10:52:25 AM
When do terrorism convictions become spent convictions?
Ha you're right they don't.

Therefore, the types of offences that it deems to be ineligible, and thus are never spent, remains. Unsurprisingly, these are offences of violent crime, sexual offences and terrorism.[color=var(--IXoxUe)]29 Nov 2023[/color]

cromwell

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2024, 10:20:36 AM
Is there a credible link to back this up please? (Not a newspaper reference.)
Is this in answer to his post if so why spent convictions are just that spent

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: BeElBeeBub on September 17, 2024, 09:40:22 AM
Personally I don't like the idea of people supporting terrorism later being able to get a range of benefits.

But the important law principle is that once someone's conviction is spent that is the end of the matter.

Except for life sentences, all convictions have a term and not all terrorism offences carry a life sentence.

The important bit is "spent" not released from jail.
Is there a credible link to back this up please? (Not a newspaper reference.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

BeElBeeBub

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 17, 2024, 01:07:33 AM
This started off in January 2024 as a Tory policy, so it's not just Labour, but they've decided to continue this as well as make this policy even more lenient apparently

Terrorist money launderers have right to social housing, Government says (Jan 2024)

And from more recently:

Labour decision to drop plan to ban terrorists from social housing branded 'disgraceful'

When you hear anyone from Labour lecturing you - on anything - just remind them they are the party of this. And of Rotherham. Nuff sed.

I simply won't accept any lectures from anyone supporting Labour. This is unreal. This is what you support.
Personally I don't like the idea of people supporting terrorism later being able to get a range of benefits. 

But the important law principle is that once someone's conviction is spent that is the end of the matter.

Except for life sentences, all convictions have a term and not all terrorism offences carry a life sentence. 

The important bit is "spent" not released from jail. 

Borg Refinery

This started off in January 2024 as a Tory policy, so it's not just Labour, but they've decided to continue this as well as make this policy even more lenient apparently

Terrorist money launderers have right to social housing, Government says (Jan 2024)

And from more recently:

Labour decision to drop plan to ban terrorists from social housing branded 'disgraceful'

QuoteLabour has been accused of putting the interests of violent criminals above those of "hard-working British families" after dropping Tory plans to ban terrorists from social housing.

When you hear anyone from Labour lecturing you - on anything - just remind them they are the party of this. And of Rotherham. Nuff sed.

I simply won't accept any lectures from anyone supporting Labour. This is unreal. This is what you support.

+++