Brexit deal impact in UK is worsening, warn economists

Started by papasmurf, September 17, 2024, 09:16:25 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 17, 2024, 02:15:55 PM
Works for me but you have to access it from this page https://www.aston.ac.uk/research/bss/research-centres/business-prosperity/unbound

But is 93 pages and is from a single small uni.
There is a lot of detail and references in the full report:- Which is linked from your reference.
Fact are facts whether you or anyone else likes it not. Plenty of live data links from the full document.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on September 17, 2024, 10:49:23 AM
There is  a link to the research but the University does not seem to be awake yet, you can however download it direct.

Works for me but you have to access it from this page https://www.aston.ac.uk/research/bss/research-centres/business-prosperity/unbound

But is 93 pages and is from a single small uni.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 10:54:43 AM
Is there any mention in the arch remainer Faisal Islam's report of the increase in trade with the rest of the World?
He's accurately reporting the report.  What's wrong with that.

And as for trade that would be the trade that reduced after that one off 2022 burst Badenoch went on so much about 2 years afterwards.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 10:54:43 AM
Is there any mention in the arch remainer Faisal Islam's report of the increase in trade with the rest of the World?
And how has he separated Brexit from Covid? A typical Remainers account that says bugger all apart from quoting "Brenda from Newcastle". 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 17, 2024, 10:41:29 AM
It's no surprise to me that the anti-Brexit BBC publish an article quoting "economists say". lol
There is  a link to the research but the University does not seem to be awake yet, you can however download it direct.
https://www.aston.ac.uk/sites/default/files/2024-09/Full%20Report.pdf

Barry

It's no surprise to me that the anti-Brexit BBC publish an article quoting "economists say". lol
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

No surprise to me at all:-

Brexit deal impact 'worsening', economists say - BBC News

• 17 September 2024, 00:02 BST

Updated 7 minutes ago
    Brexit red tape on British businesses has caused goods trade between the UK and EU to slump and the problem is getting worse, a study has warned.
    Many smaller UK producers have given up exporting small amounts to the EU after facing more rules and regulations, a report by Aston University Business School found.
    Between 2021 and 2023, the study found UK goods exports to the EU fell 27% and imported goods by 32% compared with what it predicts would have happened without Brexit.