Hezbollah take a blow below the belt!

Started by Barry, September 17, 2024, 04:36:48 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 20, 2024, 06:12:15 PM
Because you are talking out of your rear end. How large a number of people was it and what is your source?
My source is news and current affairs.  When the message was sent that triggered the explosions there was no way whoever did it could know the location of the devices that exploded.  Collateral human damage was inevitable. 
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 04:58:46 PM
Barry why are you totally ignoring the large number of people who got injured who just happened to be nearby.
Because you are talking out of your rear end. How large a number of people was it and what is your source?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry on September 20, 2024, 04:43:07 PM
Perhaps you would prefer a 1000kg big bomb?
You see, you don't want Israel to have any success defending themselves, do you?
Do you want Israel to just accept these attacks and die?
More targeted killings in Beirut and beyond today. Keep up the good work, Israel.
Barry why are you totally ignoring the large number of people who got injured who just happened to be nearby.

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 19, 2024, 10:57:10 PM
Neither were the children and health workers that were killed.

These weapons being booby traps are also apparently illegal under the UN treaty on 'certain conventional weapons'
Perhaps you would prefer a 1000kg big bomb?
You see, you don't want Israel to have any success defending themselves, do you?
Do you want Israel to just accept these attacks and die?
More targeted killings in Beirut and beyond today. Keep up the good work, Israel.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2024, 11:10:47 AM
And as it has been pointed out to you many times, they were not the target.
What is the difference between that and a landmine?
A tad under 5kg of explosives hth

Quote[color=var(--YLNNHc)]How much explosive is in a land mine?

[/font][/color]

[color=var(--bbQxAb)]A standard antitank mine contains about 5 kg of explosives and weighs about 9 kg in all. Antipersonnnel mines, which can kill or wound soldiers upon exploding into many small fragments, usually contain less than 0.5 kg of explosives and can be detonated by a footstep on them.[/font][/color]

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 19, 2024, 10:57:10 PMNeither were the children and health workers that were killed.
And as it has been pointed out to you many times, they were not the target.

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 19, 2024, 10:57:10 PMThese weapons being booby traps are also apparently illegal under the UN treaty on 'certain conventional weapons'
What is the difference between that and a landmine?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2024, 04:49:45 PM
It may have escaped your attention but we are not listed as a terrorist organisation.
Neither were the children and health workers that were killed.

These weapons being booby traps are also apparently illegal under the UN treaty on 'certain conventional weapons' 

Barry

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 19, 2024, 04:23:13 PM
Clever, but undoubtedly state sponsored terrorism by the Israelis.

As per always, if somebody else was targeting our armed and  security services in such a way, I have no doubt how many here would react.

It really is no different from the IRA putting bombs under cars on peoples driveways. Irrespective of the intended target, you have no way of knowing who else would be getting into the vehicle, especially in the early mornings.

Same here, nobody would know where the targets would be when the signal was sent out.
So, more Israeli terrorism.
This post might be valid if it didn't rely on false moral equivalence between proscribed terrorist, (Hezbollah) and innocent people and their cars, and British armed forces.
As a targeted strike against their terrorist enemies, Israel really could not have done better.
So, not Israeli terrorism, but a legitimate act of war against their enemy.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 19, 2024, 04:49:45 PM
It may have escaped your attention but we are not listed as a terrorist organisation.
That does no stop the UK being targeted.

Nick

Quote from: Sampanviking on September 19, 2024, 04:23:13 PMAs per always, if somebody else was targeting our armed and  security services in such a way, I have no doubt how many here would react.

Sampanviking

Clever, but undoubtedly state sponsored terrorism by the Israelis.

As per always, if somebody else was targeting our armed and  security services in such a way, I have no doubt how many here would react.

It really is no different from the IRA putting bombs under cars on peoples driveways. Irrespective of the intended target, you have no way of knowing who else would be getting into the vehicle, especially in the early mornings.

Same here, nobody would know where the targets would be when the signal was sent out.
So, more Israeli terrorism.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 18, 2024, 08:40:58 PM
It's going to seriously damage their comms network, who is going to want to use any tech now?
A lot of people in your mirror and close to it if the obvious response is planned by Iran

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 18, 2024, 08:27:16 PM
So, of the 4,500 injured and 25 dead in Lebanon, how many were not Hezbollah?
We don't know.  We only know that whoever arranged this attack didn't particularly care, that children were killed and that Hezbollah is a political party as well as having a military force.

The West would do well not to be seen to endorse or applaud these attacks.  There's no doubt they were clever but blowing up people in supermarkets etc sets a new low bar for counter terrorism.

Nick

Quote from: patman post on September 18, 2024, 08:23:01 PM
Would anyone governed and/or protected by Hezbollah now feel they're on the winning side?

Will these spectacular attacks hasten a cease fire — or are they really intended to keep the conflict alive...?
It's going to seriously damage their comms network, who is going to want to use any tech now?

patman post

Quote from: papasmurf on September 18, 2024, 07:41:08 PM
Have you seen the widely reported damage? (Seriously) Collateral damage was inevitable. No-one has any clue as to where those pagers and now wide range of other devices will be when remotely exploded.
But currently, this sabotaging communications devices is proving to be the next best thing to a vaccine that targets rogue/terrorist cells. 

Despite the region's history, Israel didn't start this latest round of violence. And we can't be sure that Israel's enemies didn't always intend more of their own "collateral damage" as a PR ploy...?
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...