Hezbollah take a blow below the belt!

Started by Barry, September 17, 2024, 04:36:48 PM

« previous - next »

Barry

The state of some of these terror supporters:

† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

The USA did not want Iran further provoked and they did not want to see substantial civilian casualties IF their Mk84s were used.

Now read between the lines of that statement

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 27, 2024, 08:04:21 PMIsrael's track record at eliminating the leaderships of groups has a very poor record both in terms of successfully achieving the objective and with the level of civilian deaths.

The USA are going to be pretty pissed off especially if they used US Mk84s for this
Not at all.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/09/28/statement-from-president-joe-biden-on-the-death-of-hassan-nasrallah/

QuoteHassan Nasrallah and the terrorist group he led, Hezbollah, were responsible for killing hundreds of Americans over a four-decade reign of terror.  His death from an Israeli airstrike is a measure of justice for his many victims, including thousands of Americans, Israelis, and Lebanese civilians.

The strike that killed Nasrallah took place in the broader context of the conflict that began with Hamas's massacre on October 7, 2023.  Nasrallah, the next day, made the fateful decision to join hands with Hamas and open what he called a "northern front" against Israel.

The United States fully supports Israel's right to defend itself against Hezbollah, Hamas, the Houthis, and any other Iranian-supported terrorist groups.  Just yesterday, I directed my Secretary of Defense to further enhance the defense posture of U.S. military forces in the Middle East region to deter aggression and reduce the risk of a broader regional war.

Ultimately, our aim is to de-escalate the ongoing conflicts in both Gaza and Lebanon through diplomatic means.  In Gaza, we have been pursuing a deal backed by the UN Security Council for a ceasefire and the release of hostages.  In Lebanon, we have been negotiating a deal that would return people safely to their homes in Israel and southern Lebanon.  It is time for these deals to close, for the threats to Israel to be removed, and for the broader Middle East region to gain greater stability.
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 27, 2024, 09:26:07 PMThey're now saying they don't know if he's been killed.

Now saying they do know , he's dead .

Unlucky4Sum

They're now saying they don't know if he's been killed.

Barry

The IDF informed Israeli media that Nasrallah is dead. That particular head of the snake is gone.
Also believed killed was an Iranian IRGC general who had command over Iran's operations in the region.

The Iranians have called an immediate meeting of their Supreme National Security Council at Ali Khamenei's residence (NYT)
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2024, 06:58:15 PMAt the end Of Netanyahu's speech at the UN in New York, the IDF used several very large bombs to penetrate the underground HQ of Hezbollah in Beirut.
The target was the leader of the terrorist group, Hassan Nasrallah and reports are sketchy, so I can't be sure it was successful.
The whole upper echelons of the terrorist group has been eliminated in targeted strikes.

Israel are now waiting for the backlash.

Israel's track record at eliminating the leaderships of groups has a very poor record both in terms of successfully achieving the objective and with the level of civilian deaths.

The USA are going to be pretty pissed off especially if they used US Mk84s for this

Barry

At the end Of Netanyahu's speech at the UN in New York, the IDF used several very large bombs to penetrate the underground HQ of Hezbollah in Beirut.
The target was the leader of the terrorist group, Hassan Nasrallah and reports are sketchy, so I can't be sure it was successful.
The whole upper echelons of the terrorist group has been eliminated in targeted strikes.

Israel are now waiting for the backlash.
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

But this is what you posted

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2024, 04:07:38 PM
They 100% targeted their victims, collateral damage doesn't mean they didn't do so.

Maybe you mistyped 'victims' for 'enemies' but denying that's what you posted isn't good is it. 

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 22, 2024, 08:30:31 PM
I've explained it to you, sadly I can't understand it for you
Their targets were Hezbollah and as I said, collateral damage doesn't mean they didn't. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 22, 2024, 05:31:36 PM
How have I possibly moved the goalposts? I asked you a question, that you are obviously ducking in your usual way.
I've explained it to you, sadly I can't understand it for you

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 22, 2024, 12:52:29 AM
Moving the goalposts Nick?

Your statement I challenged was 'They 100% targeted their victims, collateral damage doesn't mean they didn't do so.'

The illegality here is all about non combatant victims.  So Israel was either deliberately targeting non combatants (illegal) or recklessly indifferent to innocents being killed or injured (also illegal)
How have I possibly moved the goalposts? I asked you a question, that you are obviously ducking in your usual way. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2024, 11:51:34 PM
Did they target their intended victims? Did they target non-Hezbollah personnel?
Moving the goalposts Nick?

Your statement I challenged was 'They 100% targeted their victims, collateral damage doesn't mean they didn't do so.'

The illegality here is all about non combatant victims.  So Israel was either deliberately targeting non combatants (illegal) or recklessly indifferent to innocents being killed or injured (also illegal)

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 21, 2024, 08:12:57 PM
That would be to assert that someone killed or injured just for being next to the intended target is not a victim.  And that wouldn't be true.
Did they target their intended victims? Did they target non-Hezbollah personnel?