Farage dubious connections.

Started by papasmurf, September 18, 2024, 07:26:54 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 25, 2024, 10:58:07 AMLOL As if a Brit hating African American ,anti colonist with a chip on his shoulder would think any other way ? Other works include "Policing black people in post war London" "Policing the windrush generation" "The a alienation of Londons Caribbean community" . (Other titles are available )

But the term "special relationship" doesn't mean we are the best of buddies but rather our connections through culture ,economics , law,diplomacy and military . Maybe not that special as some would have it but certainly when push comes to shove at least the doors are always open .

American Governments have not trusted Britain since the Cambridge Five back in the 1950s.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 25, 2024, 10:58:07 AMLOL As if a Brit hating African American ,anti colonist with a chip on his shoulder would think any other way ? Other works include "Policing black people in post war London" "Policing the windrush generation" "The a alienation of Londons Caribbean community" . (Other titles are available )

Interesting... I didn't know any of that, but now you mention it ;)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2024, 08:55:37 AMNick I am not alone in my opinion.
https://www.historytoday.com/miscellanies/not-so-special-relationship

LOL As if a Brit hating African American ,anti colonist with a chip on his shoulder would think any other way ? Other works include "Policing black people in post war London" "Policing the windrush generation" "The a alienation of Londons Caribbean community" . (Other titles are available )

But the term "special relationship" doesn't mean we are the best of buddies but rather our connections through culture ,economics , law,diplomacy and military . Maybe not that special as some would have it but certainly when push comes to shove at least the doors are always open .

papasmurf

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2024, 08:43:26 AMThe only thing special is the America President say jump and the British Prime Mister asks how high.
Maybe in your micro-world.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 25, 2024, 07:47:23 AMNo it's not, explain why you think it doesn't exist.

The only thing special is the America President say jump and the British Prime Mister asks how high.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 25, 2024, 07:07:45 AMThe special relationship is a myth.

No it's not, explain why you think it doesn't exist.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 24, 2024, 04:55:24 PMYou will find out how good it is when the US refuses to deal with Labour, that will be a special relationship!!

Frankly in my opinion that will be a plus. The special relationship is a myth.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 24, 2024, 10:39:09 AM
  never a great smell.

But to the point at hand maybe it's wrong to judge someone I've never met but I find he always comes over as sneering and too often presents at best misleading and too often false comments as supposed facts.  As to his connections his cuddling up to Trump speaks volumes and nothing that's good.
You will find out how good it is when the US refuses to deal with Labour, that will be a special relationship!!

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 24, 2024, 10:04:02 AM
I like him also, met him at a rally at the Reebok Stadium and I can confirm, he stinks of fags.
  never a great smell.

But to the point at hand maybe it's wrong to judge someone I've never met but I find he always comes over as sneering and too often presents at best misleading and too often false comments as supposed facts.  As to his connections his cuddling up to Trump speaks volumes and nothing that's good. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 24, 2024, 07:44:37 AM
The are the same as the links to this forum they never changed.
I think this thread proves that the theory of the parallel universe can be scientifically proven and in this case have even crossed over . In one universe we have a Farage that leads a political party and promotes his ideas with other right wing parties .Some of which are a bit more right than him but hey-ho sharing is caring . He has formed a bond with the ex-president of the USA who he hopes will win the election in the US which in turn will lead to a good  relationship going forward . Has met many people in Clacton has offices in the town and has just purchased a house there as well as he promised at the hustings 
Everyone believes that climate change is something we should be taking notice of ,some think clearing our forests to be replaced with solar farms  and eating spinach is the answer , others think investing in fossil fuels ,buying a raincoat and eating steak wont do us much harm 

In the other universe there is a Farage that leads the global movement to Nazism .He fly's around the world having expensive lunches with other far right leaders including ex-president Trump .Hasn't been seen in Clacton since the election and is a very nasty person .
Global warming is a big concern 100% of scientists agree ,though there is believed to be  an underground movement of people who don't keep up with current affairs that say global warming doesn't exist .They are very secretive but have recently been tracked down by the Lankou ,a rare species that are said to be able to cross over between different realms and realities .There is no hiding place from this species, we are all doomed . 

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 24, 2024, 09:58:29 AM
Yes, 7th December 2023 to 22 April 2024 people were unable to post until the software glitch was fixed.

I quite like Nigel Farage. If I lived in Clacton on Sea I would have voted for the smoky beery one.
I like him also, met him at a rally at the Reebok Stadium and I can confirm, he stinks of fags.

Barry

Yes, 7th December 2023 to 22 April 2024 people were unable to post until the software glitch was fixed.

I quite like Nigel Farage. If I lived in Clacton on Sea I would have voted for the smoky beery one.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 24, 2024, 09:33:20 AM
So we know you are talking bollocks then as we can all see the records of this forum going back to 2019 when Barry says he started it.

Click here https://pol-tics.com/index.php?action=profile;u=89;area=showposts;start=15105
Indeed, you can see the gap that he talks about in the STATS.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 23, 2024, 07:10:43 PM
Nick, whatever excuse you keep making, I kept the same favourite links and the same book mark. There was a previous forum before it died and reappeared with the same favourite link and the same book mark (it did how ever reappear with nothing of the forum archived.)
Reply #51

Now can we either talk about Farage's dubious connections or just let the thread die?
† The end is nigh †