Farage will not be holding face to face meetings with constituents.

Started by papasmurf, September 19, 2024, 07:02:26 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 12:15:25 PM
Why? The BBC link quoted the source.
And you didn't bother looking at  it , nor to the sky news one to see if the content had any substance . You just saw the headline and jumped on it  as it fitted with your pet programme of Farage hating .

Very poor form smurf , very poor .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 12:04:19 PM
Why would you ?

FFS if you are going to start a thread the least you can do is check out the source
Why? The BBC link quoted the source.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 11:41:52 AM
Why would I? (Seriously.) Have you any idea how many radio stations there are in Britain?
Why would you ? 

FFS if you are going to start a thread the least you can do is check out the source 

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 11:38:39 AM
Frankly you are a worm

You probably didn't even listen to the LBC programme

Why would I? (Seriously.) Have you any idea how many radio stations there are in Britain?

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 10:26:48 AM
Frankly you really have NO effing idea. (Seriously.)  Farage is setting a very low standard, and I expect it will not be long before his constituents realise he has bugger all interest in their welfare or representing them.

Speaker's Office has 'no record' of telling Nigel Farage not to hold in-person surgeries, Sky News understands | Politics News | Sky News

Thursday 19 September 2024 17:47, UK

Reform UK leader Nigel Farage would not have been told to avoid holding in-person surgeries in his constituency, Sky News understands.
A source said the Speaker's Office have no record of telling Mr Farage he should not hold physical surgeries in his Clacton constituency, as he claimed in a phone-in earlier on Thursday.
Frankly you are a worm 

You probably didn't even listen to the LBC programme 
Nick Farrari  "You wont be doing physical surgeries"
Farage "not yet"
Farrari "will you eventually"
Farage " When parliament allows"
Farrari "Why is parliament blocking you"
Farage "Have a guess"
Farrari " have you been advised by your own security not to have surgeries"
Farage "I would have thought that would make sense wouldn't you?"
Farrari "Where did that advice come from "
Farage "Well the speakers office"
Farrari "Lynsey Hoyle ?"
Farage (Correcting himself) "And ,and beneath the speakers office where there is a security team who give advice ,where you should do some things and  not do others .So (on that advice) we were in no fit state to do old style surgeries "

So no the speakers office would have no record , the advice came from the security team . Another non story from the Muppet show 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 10:26:48 AM
Frankly you really have NO effing idea. (Seriously.)  Farage is setting a very low standard, and I expect it will not be long before his constituents realise he has bugger all interest in their welfare or representing them.

Speaker's Office has 'no record' of telling Nigel Farage not to hold in-person surgeries, Sky News understands | Politics News | Sky News

Reform UK leader Nigel Farage would not have been told to avoid holding in-person surgeries in his constituency, Sky News understands.
A source said the Speaker's Office have no record of telling Mr Farage he should not hold physical surgeries in his Clacton constituency, as he claimed in a phone-in earlier on Thursday.
Hi standards and popularity are streaks ahead of Starmageddon.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 10:20:12 AM
Yes and Farage will hold meetings with people when 'essential matters of concern' arise . What do you think he is going to do, hide away in Florida?  This witch hunt that you have joined has failed ,failed and failed again .

What don't you understand about "I will not be holding old style surgeries" ?  As we know Farage sets the standard on all things political  and his NEW STYLE  surgeries where people are vetted by the secretary's  before given an audience will catch on with the other parties . It will not only weed out the time wasters moaning about church bells on a Sunday but also protect him from nutjobs ,possibly nutjobs with a history of  nasty thoughts from getting anywhere near him .

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 08:09:56 AM
Most MPs still hold face to face surgeries. Despite your perception. For some problems constituents have a face to face meeting with their MP is essential.

Surgeries - UK Parliament

Most MPs hold surgeries in their constituency to give people an opportunity to meet them and discuss matters of concern. MPs may run surgeries at different times, locations and frequency. A MP may take up an issue on a constituent's behalf.

Yes and Farage will hold meetings with people when 'essential matters of concern' arise . What do you think he is going to do, hide away in Florida?  This witch hunt that you have joined has failed ,failed and failed again .

What don't you understand about "I will not be holding old style surgeries" ?  As we know Farage sets the standard on all things political  and his NEW STYLE  surgeries where people are vetted by the secretary's  before given an audience will catch on with the other parties . It will not only weed out the time wasters moaning about church bells on a Sunday but also protect him from nutjobs ,possibly nutjobs with a history of  nasty thoughts from getting anywhere near him .

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 06:58:03 AM
You may find it odd smurf but nobody else does

There is just no reason to hold 'old style' surgeries in a day and age where  security is paramount and contact can be made in various other ways .
Having a group of heavies surrounding you when you go to see your MP about pot holes is a bit OTT when an email will do.
Most MPs still hold face to face surgeries. Despite your perception. For some problems constituents have a face to face meeting with their MP is essential.

Surgeries - UK Parliament

Most MPs hold surgeries in their constituency to give people an opportunity to meet them and discuss matters of concern. MPs may run surgeries at different times, locations and frequency. A MP may take up an issue on a constituent's behalf.

Streetwalker

You may find it odd smurf but nobody else does 

There is just no reason to hold 'old style' surgeries in a day and age where  security is paramount and contact can be made in various other ways .
Having a group of heavies surrounding you when you go to see your MP about pot holes is a bit OTT when an email will do.

papasmurf

Farage fears he will get stabbed if he holds face to face surgeries with constituents.
I find that odd because MPs hiring security for surgeries is a legitimate claimable expense.
There are also rumours, ( I have not been able to verify yet,) that GBnews may be getting rid of Farage, Jacob Rees Mogg, and Lee Anderson as presenters because they cost too much.

Farage will not hold face-to-face surgeries amid fears of attack - BBC News

19 September 2024, 15:14 BST
Updated 1 hour ago
Reform UK leader Nigel Farage said he would not hold face-to-face surgeries in his constituency over fears the public will "flow through doors with knives in their pockets".
Mr Farage became an MP after he won a seat in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex in July.
He told radio station LBC he had been advised not to accommodate the "old-style" physical meetings between MPs and constituents.
Mr Farage said: "Do I have an office in Clacton? Yes. Am I allowing the public to flow through the door with their knives in their pockets? No, no I'm not."