Farage will not be holding face to face meetings with constituents.

Started by papasmurf, September 19, 2024, 07:02:26 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

It would be too blatantly obvious if Zahawi was at the top, but they're certainly placing other Tory and Reform politicians near the top aren't they?

QuoteFarage has high ratings in the fame dept and is rated at the top of the 'most popular politician & political figures' in YouGov rankings, which is not saying much at just 33%  [..]

https://yougov.co.uk/ratings/politics/popularity/politicians-political-figures/all

For reference, YouGov's co-owner and CEO is a guy who is intimately tied to the Tories and ran as a Tory candidate [..] I really don't trust YouGov when it comes to ranking the Tories

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephan_Shakespeare

.. He is the former owner of the websites ConservativeHome (now owned by Lord Ashcroft) and PoliticsHome (now owned by Dods Parliamentary Communications Ltd) which he launched in April 2008 after closing down his Internet television channel 18 Doughty Street. .. After returning home to the UK from the US, he taught at Charles Edward Brooke girls secondary school in Lambeth where he used his original family name. He was critical of educational practices in 1990s' Lambeth and the Evening Standard published his educational criticisms. He became involved in politics, using the name Shakespeare, first as a political commentator and then as Jeffrey Archer's Campaign Director during and after his failed London mayoral campaign. He was also a Conservative Party pollster.

In the 1997 general election, Shakespeare was the Conservative candidate for Colchester though he was defeated by Bob Russell with a majority of 1,551. During the campaign, Margaret Thatcher, against whom he had demonstrated as a student 17 years earlier, came to Colchester in order to support his attempt to win the seat for the Conservatives.[citation needed] ..
Its other co-owner was Nadhim Zahawi (IIRC he left in 2010 to focus on his Tory MP political career), draw your own conclusions..

Boris 2nd, Farage 1st - please pull the other one - don't believe a word
+++

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 23, 2024, 10:14:36 PM
Doesn't Nadhim Zahawi partly run YouGov? They are as biased and corrupt as it gets when it comes to UK political party matters
He founded it but left it in 2010 to become an MP.  I'd guess he still has shares in them.  

Amusingly they rate him as the 3085th most popular public person, hardly evidence of them being biased and corrupt - do you have any?  https://yougov.co.uk/topics/international/explore/public_figure/Nadhim_Zahawi 

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 11:38:39 AM
Frankly you are a worm

You probably didn't even listen to the LBC programme
Nick Farrari  "You wont be doing physical surgeries"
Farage "not yet"
Farrari "will you eventually"
Farage " When parliament allows"
Farrari "Why is parliament blocking you"
Farage "Have a guess"
Farrari " have you been advised by your own security not to have surgeries"
Farage "I would have thought that would make sense wouldn't you?"
Farrari "Where did that advice come from "
Farage "Well the speakers office"
Farrari "Lynsey Hoyle ?"
Farage (Correcting himself) "And ,and beneath the speakers office where there is a security team who give advice ,where you should do some things and  not do others .So (on that advice) we were in no fit state to do old style surgeries "

So no the speakers office would have no record , the advice came from the security team . Another non story from the Muppet show
Well that's great, even less accountability than the likes of Laborious, Limp Dems and the Con Merchants

That just makes Reform even better than what came before
+++

Borg Refinery

Quote from: Barry on September 20, 2024, 06:39:19 PM
You Gov ;D

Labour conmen 9.7 million
Conservative conmen 6.8 million
Limp Dem conmen 3.5 million
Reform UK beat the Limp Dem conmen with 4 million voters. One in 7 of the people who voted, voted Reform UK.

So YouGov can do one.

Doesn't Nadhim Zahawi partly run YouGov? They are as biased and corrupt as it gets when it comes to UK political party matters
+++

Streetwalker

Quote from: patman post on September 20, 2024, 02:40:30 PM
Play back today's James O'Brien show on LBC Catch Up if you'd like more info. The relevant bit of the original interview was played and the results of queries put to the Speaker's Office reported on, and other people a follow-up query to Farage's team identified...

https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lbc/uk/episodes/2zGwa2kKCmjxefRD6EaCmG9EZr/
I wouldn't listen to that piece of crap if you paid me .He is the most bias of interviewers and an expert twister of words . I also suspect they filter out any callers that challenge him as they either support his stance or are as thick as two planks .
I heard what Farage said and how he said it (as reported above )

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2024, 06:57:04 PM
lol lol lol, overall picture my 🍑. You selected the negative part, I showed the complete poll.
You did NOT show the complete poll by a VERY long way.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 06:52:07 PM
I quoted the overall picture. I never mentioned Lib/Dems which would be selective.  There is a lot more at the link.
lol lol lol, overall picture my 🍑. You selected the negative part, I showed the complete poll. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2024, 06:49:57 PM
Your selective reporting as usual. The reason the Lib Dem's don't like Reform is because they don't know what Democracy is.

I quoted the overall picture. I never mentioned Lib/Dems which would be selective.  There is a lot more at the link.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 06:10:00 PM
A YouGov survey has found that that the most popular terms Britons prefer to use to describe Reform UK are 'extremist' (39%) and 'should not be near power' (39%), with 'nasty' (33%) being the next most popular.

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/50559-party-conferences-2024-what-do-britons-think-of-reform-uk

But while the party has firmly established itself as a key player in British politics, the party has many more detractors than supporters. Just over a quarter of Britons (27%) have a favourable view of the party, while twice as many (56%) have an unfavourable view.
Your selective reporting as usual. The reason the Lib Dem's don't like Reform is because they don't know what Democracy is. 

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 06:10:00 PM
A YouGov survey has found that that the most popular terms Britons prefer to use to describe Reform UK are 'extremist' (39%) and 'should not be near power' (39%), with 'nasty' (33%) being the next most popular.

https://yougov.co.uk/politics/articles/50559-party-conferences-2024-what-do-britons-think-of-reform-uk

But while the party has firmly established itself as a key player in British politics, the party has many more detractors than supporters. Just over a quarter of Britons (27%) have a favourable view of the party, while twice as many (56%) have an unfavourable view.
You Gov ;D

Labour conmen 9.7 million
Conservative conmen 6.8 million
Limp Dem conmen 3.5 million
Reform UK beat the Limp Dem conmen with 4 million voters. One in 7 of the people who voted, voted Reform UK.

So YouGov can do one.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Nick

Play back today's James O'Brien show on LBC Catch Up if you'd like more info. The relevant bit of the original interview was played and the results of queries put to the Speaker's Office reported on, and other people a follow-up query to Farage's team identified...

https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lbc/uk/episodes/2zGwa2kKCmjxefRD6EaCmG9EZr/
Cause O'Btian is really impartial isn't he, watch the interview with JRM where O'Brian acts like a 12 year old. 

papasmurf

I can't it requires registration and other information. That is NOT happening.

There is this though. Why anyone believes Farage I do not know. Personally I think he is frit of face to face meetings with constituents:- Nigel Farage gets SLAPPED DOWN after lying on LBC (youtube.com)

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 01:57:56 PM
And you didn't bother looking at  it , nor to the sky news one to see if the content had any substance . You just saw the headline and jumped on it  as it fitted with your pet programme of Farage hating .

Very poor form smurf , very poor .
I looked at both of them. Plus I believe Lindsay Hoyle I don't believe Farage as far as I could throw him.

It is not case of Farage hating, he is merely very untrustworthy and the only thing he cares about is himself.

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 11:38:39 AM
Frankly you are a worm

You probably didn't even listen to the LBC programme
Nick Farrari  "You wont be doing physical surgeries"
Farage "not yet"
Farrari "will you eventually"
Farage " When parliament allows"
Farrari "Why is parliament blocking you"
Farage "Have a guess"
Farrari " have you been advised by your own security not to have surgeries"
Farage "I would have thought that would make sense wouldn't you?"
Farrari "Where did that advice come from "
Farage "Well the speakers office"
Farrari "Lynsey Hoyle ?"
Farage (Correcting himself) "And ,and beneath the speakers office where there is a security team who give advice ,where you should do some things and  not do others .So (on that advice) we were in no fit state to do old style surgeries "

So no the speakers office would have no record , the advice came from the security team . Another non story from the Muppet show layback toya you're interested in more info on this story

On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...