Main Menu

Al Fayed

Started by cromwell, September 20, 2024, 08:43:31 AM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on September 26, 2024, 10:28:48 PMWhy so often do they wait till someone is dead and now scrabbling round to see if some of the lower echelons can be made to pay the price.

Billionaires can afford better lawyers?
+++

Borg Refinery

Abusive evil Billionaire is an abusive evil old git, news at 11 (not to downplay the suffering of the victims)
+++

cromwell

Why so often do they wait till someone is dead and now scrabbling round to see if some of the lower echelons can be made to pay the price.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Unlucky4Sum

Private Eye had a piece showing what a dodgy sexual predator Fayed was.  They printed it in May 1998.

See p7 of the latest Eye for an extract. 

patman post

Michael Ward, Harrods MD, also on-board during Al Fayed's ownership of the store, appears to accept wrongdoing happened.
https://news.sky.com/story/harrods-boss-apologises-and-says-mohamed-al-fayed-presided-over-toxic-culture-of-secrecy-and-sexual-misconduct-13222334

Admittedly, this is not the result of an official inquiry, but as the main suspect cannot sue for libel, or be sued for any offence, I'm confident we'll get more of the truth without inducements or threats to witnesses.

However, I wonder how many living past or present employees of Fayed are currently feeling nervous now the Met has said it's investigating the possibility of others being involved to varying degrees...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: cromwell on September 20, 2024, 08:43:31 AM
Why do people wait till they're dead,if they had some complaint air it sooner.
There's been allegations of sexual abuse for at least 25 years link

W
e don't know the truth of them but one explanation for waiting until after he died would be if they believed there were threats to their lives if they talked.  We don't know if this is the case or not but the waiting til he was buried does not mean the accusations are false.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 20, 2024, 11:12:58 PM
Excuse my cynicism but one of the lawyers said he'd never seen anything so dark or horrific,perhaps a large payday too.
Did you watch the news conference or seen what has come out since?
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Excuse my cynicism but one of the lawyers said he'd never seen anything so dark or horrific,perhaps a large payday too.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 02:38:00 PM
Very criminal if you watched the BBC news conference this morning.  Threats, intimidation,  Non Disclosure Agreements.  Al Fayed allegedly used head of security John Macnamara to threaten women who made sex claims.
Indeed , another dead man who can't defend himself 

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 06:41:20 PM
Nick loses every time because he has to resort to personal insults he is totally unable to debate.
The day I lose a debate to you will never happen, as Cromwell said, watch your self or you will be on a holiday. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 20, 2024, 06:51:43 PM
I asked for some cooperation please don't take me down the reluctant route of enforcement.
I try very hard to back up where at all possible my comments with data.

cromwell

I asked for some cooperation please don't take me down the reluctant route of enforcement.

papasmurf

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf on September 20, 2024, 06:41:20 PM
Nick loses every time because he has to resort to personal insults he is totally unable to debate.
Again that's your opinion others might see it differently,anyway can we all stick to posting counters with facts and opinions on the subject.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 20, 2024, 06:15:23 PM
Smurf you are entitled to an opinion so is everybody else,that's what a forum does.

Not agreeing with you does not negate an opinion