Like a rabbit in the headlights

Started by cromwell, September 20, 2024, 08:41:36 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 21, 2024, 10:42:20 AM
LOL , When Woolwich Arsenal moved across the river from the Manor ground to Highbury in 1913 it was akin to Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes .Both clubs changed their names Wimbledon became MK Dons and Woolwich Arsenal became just Arsenal . They were for all intents and purposes a new club .
You can't say in the Southwark and Woolwich area , they must be 8-10 miles apart ,nobody born in Southwark would have any connection to Woolwich at all , none . In fact every professional football club and the many semi pro  ones in South London would be closer to Southwark than Woolwich.
They're in virtually adjacent London boroughs.  

And you don't know much about football if you don't know some families have long allegiances to clubs that span many generations or that people can support clubs they formed allegiances to for less than 'could see the ground from their bedroom window' reasons.  One of my friends has been an Arsenal supporter for over 60 years and he hails from SE London just like Starmer does.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2024, 11:21:41 PM
His £167K salary is only a small proportion of what he earns and he totally sucks the question. Can't see this lot making it half a term.
Would you care to compare that with the tories over the last 14 years.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Barry

Quote from: cromwell on September 20, 2024, 08:41:36 PM
Look at him
Starmer knows he's been sussed
The electorate are not fooled and won't be changing the subject to football teams. The allocation of funds to foreign climate change projects and foreign wars whilst ignoring the impact assessment stating 4,000 old people could die as a result of this policy will not be forgotten.

This government needs to get a grip or they could quickly implode. I'll make a prediction, Starmer will face a leadership challenge before he's had a year as PM. The sharks are already circling.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 21, 2024, 12:05:57 AM
In just which was do you imagine that means it was not historically a South London team?

Because it was so it's not exactly unlikely there are historical local connections with feelings in the Southwark Woolwich area
LOL , When Woolwich Arsenal moved across the river from the Manor ground to Highbury in 1913 it was akin to Wimbledon moving to Milton Keynes .Both clubs changed their names Wimbledon became MK Dons and Woolwich Arsenal became just Arsenal . They were for all intents and purposes a new club .
You can't say in the Southwark and Woolwich area , they must be 8-10 miles apart ,nobody born in Southwark would have any connection to Woolwich at all , none . In fact every professional football club and the many semi pro  ones in South London would be closer to Southwark than Woolwich.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 20, 2024, 11:20:14 PM
Arsenal is a north London team, look on a map.
In just which was do you imagine that means it was not historically a South London team?

Because it was so it's not exactly unlikely there are historical local connections with feelings in the Southwark Woolwich area

Nick

Look at him
His £167K salary is only a small proportion of what he earns and he totally sucks the question. Can't see this lot making it half a term. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 20, 2024, 10:51:33 PM
You do know that Arsenal is historically a South London team don't you.
Arsenal is a north London team, look on a map. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 20, 2024, 10:34:03 PM
A South Londoner supporting Arsenal says all you need to know about the man .
You do know that Arsenal is historically a South London team don't you.

Streetwalker

Look at him
A South Londoner supporting Arsenal says all you need to know about the man . 

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?