Like a rabbit in the headlights

Started by cromwell, September 20, 2024, 08:41:36 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on September 23, 2024, 11:57:14 AM
You must be a Labour MP. :)
  very good.  I'm probably due a new pair of glasses and Mrs K is always up for a new dress or three.

First though they'd have to get me to vote for them.

Borg Refinery

+++

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 23, 2024, 09:57:42 AM
You are Liam Gallagher and I claim my five free Oasis tickets
You must be a Labour MP. :)
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: cromwell on September 23, 2024, 09:04:23 AM
Football is tribal and many of the tribe that follows yoonited have no connection to the city of Manchester,mind you the old toilet isn't in Manchester either is it?
You are Liam Gallagher and I claim my five free Oasis tickets

cromwell

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 23, 2024, 01:11:14 AM
It means childishly sulky or bad-tempered. .

Which seems a fair description of your bad tempered 'Yeah and the M6 is riddled with Scum fans travelling from London, Glory Hunters.'
Football is tribal and many of the tribe that follows yoonited have no connection to the city of Manchester,mind you the old toilet isn't in Manchester either is it?
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 22, 2024, 08:36:47 PM
And of course you have a link to back that seeing as how he's been going to Arsenal games for yonks and held a season ticket to do so
I was referring to the bit about spending his own money ::)

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 23, 2024, 01:11:14 AM
It means childishly sulky or bad-tempered. .

Which seems a fair description of your bad tempered 'Yeah and the M6 is riddled with Scum fans travelling from London, Glory Hunters.'
A true fact, ask any football follower.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

It means childishly sulky or bad-tempered.

Which seems a fair description of your bad tempered 'Yeah and the M6 is riddled with Scum fans travelling from London, Glory Hunters.'

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 22, 2024, 12:55:15 AM
oh dear how petulant.
It's a fact whether you agree or not and I suggest you look at what petulant means cause I am not sulking. 

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Streetwalker on September 22, 2024, 08:05:00 PM
None of which applies to Starmer
And of course you have a link to back that seeing as how he's been going to Arsenal games for yonks and held a season ticket to do so

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 22, 2024, 04:13:52 PM
 millions of people disagree with you and back that with their own money by buying menberships, season tickets, travelling to games etc etc.
None of which applies to Starmer 

Unlucky4Sum

Just because you cannot see or understand something does not make it untrue.  You have your view of what a 'fan' is, millions of people disagree with you and back that with their own money by buying menberships, season tickets, travelling to games etc etc. 

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 21, 2024, 08:01:05 PM
They're in virtually adjacent London boroughs. 
But they are not the same borough .

And you don't know much about football if you don't know some families have long allegiances to clubs that span many generations or that people can support clubs they formed allegiances to for less than 'could see the ground from their bedroom window' reasons. 
I know enough to know that people who do know support their local team . People who say they support teams from outside their area are not fans ,they are followers . I just dont see how you can have any allegiance to another  borough/ town/ city , its not in my comprehension . I think it shows a lack of understanding of community and a cowardly need to be associated with something that is better . His father was a toolmaker from Surrey ,I would like to know what his excuse is for crossing the river 
Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on September 21, 2024, 08:01:05 PMOne of my friends has been an Arsenal supporter for over 60 years and he hails from SE London just like Starmer does.
Yes I know the type . Turn up down the pub on Sunday when the footy is on wearing the club  shirt . Gob off for the duration of the match unless they start losing in which case they bugger off home with the hump . I used to have an odd drink with  one of Palaces youth team coaches who I had got to know down the local . There were a couple of these Arsenal fans in on one occasion watching and giving their opinions on the tactics to which my friend was advising  them otherwise  .After he had gone home one of them asked me who my know it all mate was 

He went very quiet when I told him ......he was an ex-captain of Arsenal . And that basically sums this sub species of human up , unaware of their surroundings and unaware of other people . Only interested in themselves and their own bubble . Starmer down to a tee .

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on September 21, 2024, 09:15:20 PM
Yeah and the M6 is riddled with Scum fans travelling from London, Glory Hunters.
 oh dear how petulant.

Nick

They're in virtually adjacent London boroughs. 

And you don't know much about football if you don't know some families have long allegiances to clubs that span many generations or that people can support clubs they formed allegiances to for less than 'could see the ground from their bedroom window' reasons.  One of my friends has been an Arsenal supporter for over 60 years and he hails from SE London just like Starmer does.
Yeah and the M6 is riddled with Scum fans travelling from London, Glory Hunters.