Looks a bit different?

Started by Nick, September 24, 2024, 08:56:03 PM

« previous - next »

srb7677

I get used to the look of a site and am not a fan of change. I like what I am used to, so quite paradoxically for a lefty I am very small c conservative in everyday matters.

Nevertheless I have had no problems with the new look so it's all good. If everyone else prefers it I am happy enough to accept it.
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Unlucky4Sum

Nick

It is now, the chat at the bottom was doing something strange, so i've removed it for now.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

And the 'Like' button isn't working

Barry

Noticed this morning Nick. Occurs when clicking to see who liked a post:

500 Internal Server Error

Then when I tried to upload a screenshot, I saw this:

Server error 500.jpgServer responded with 500 code.35.4 KB

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 02, 2024, 06:12:34 PMIt does, the text colour at the login makes it invisible.
Yes, I am aware. But you don't need to log in every time, you can select stay logged in forever and I recognises you when you come to forum. 

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 02, 2024, 05:01:33 PMI have managed to revert some of the colours, will continue at another time. In the mean time it may look a bit weird in places.

It does, the text colour at the login makes it invisible.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Nick

I have managed to revert some of the colours, will continue at another time. In the mean time it may look a bit weird in places.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 27, 2024, 10:30:42 AMI prefer this theme, thanks.
I'm not a fan of dark themes, although I know they can save phone batteries a bit.
The colour scheme will be going back to the old look, it's just a case of when I have time to do it.

Barry

I prefer this theme, thanks.
I'm not a fan of dark themes, although I know they can save phone batteries a bit.
† The end is nigh †

Borg Refinery

This is odd - the problem disappeared in Firefox, it displays fine now.

It's still happening on Safari on Desktop it seems.

It works fine in Firefox, but the problem appears in Chrome and Safari

I haven't tried mobile yet
+++

Borg Refinery

+++

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 25, 2024, 07:48:56 PMThe last version with the wooden theme looked niceish, this all-black theme has a very odd font that's hard to read.

I'd revert back to the wooden theme, I thought that was an improvement myself, this latest black one is a step backwards - IMHO

On the plus side, the forum software seems more responsive now.

There's also a broken image at the top of the page with this theme - it wasn't there before (Firefox, Mac OS X Sonoma)

Mobile or desktop?

Borg Refinery

The last version with the wooden theme looked niceish, this all-black theme has a very odd font that's hard to read.

I'd revert back to the wooden theme, I thought that was an improvement myself, this latest black one is a step backwards - IMHO

On the plus side, the forum software seems more responsive now.

There's also a broken image at the top of the page with this theme - it wasn't there before (Firefox, Mac OS X Sonoma)

+++