Canterbury MP Rosie Duffield quits Labour

Started by papasmurf, September 28, 2024, 07:33:35 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 30, 2024, 06:01:10 PMHe has been given an all access Downing Street pass, which no other bugger gets, so YES, he has got some bang for his buck: which is bribery.

Dominic Cummings was given an access all areas pass, not just for 10 Downing Street.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 30, 2024, 10:33:46 AMNot sure what you mean, who's son? I thought Lord Ali was gay and he didn't have kids..?

It's been going on for centuries, not decades, it's always been the normal practice, so reform but don't condemn and I'm much worse than a steamer
He has been given an all access Downing Street pass, which no other bugger gets, so YES, he has got some bang for his buck: which is bribery.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

cromwell

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 30, 2024, 10:33:46 AMNot sure what you mean, who's son? I thought Lord Ali was gay and he didn't have kids..?

It's been going on for centuries, not decades, it's always been the normal practice, so reform but don't condemn and I'm much worse than a steamer
Yeah my mistake
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

patman post

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2024, 10:21:40 PMIt say Nescafé on the side of busses, they don't give you a cup when you get on. Are you saying you believe what an MP has said?
But we do tend to believe that buses will follow the route to the destination it says.

Whatever else covers the vehicle is helping to fund it and the organisation to which it belongs — a bit like an MP receiving clothes and donations.

The difference is that Nescafé is buying publicity, whereas legitimate donors are showing their agreement with a party's political views...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2024, 10:17:10 AMWhat do you mean it's not corrupt they're not gifts,why is his son now an mp?

Not sure what you mean, who's son? I thought Lord Ali was gay and he didn't have kids..?

+++

cromwell

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 30, 2024, 10:08:04 AMAccepting gifts from someone isn't bribery unless there's a clear favour being returned, if not, it's not bribery it's just a gift.

The practice should be reformed and gifts should probably be banned.

But Starmer is not like a police officer accepting a gift from a criminal, there's zero comparison.

Westminster is filled with people trying to help their constituents and do the best they can for them, like Nigel Farage

It is a practice, accepting gifts, that has been in place for a long time at Westminster. That does not make them corrupt.
What do you mean it's not corrupt they're not gifts,why is his son now an mp?
And I'm not just targeting steamer this has been going on for decades.

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2024, 10:02:18 AMIt's not a practice it's bribery and why if you offered a police officer the same you would be charged with bribery and it's not called bribery and corruption for nothing,Westminster is corrupt.

Accepting gifts from someone isn't bribery unless there's a clear favour being returned, if not, it's not bribery it's just a gift.

The practice should be reformed and gifts should probably be banned.

But Starmer is not like a police officer accepting a gift from a criminal, there's zero comparison.

Westminster is filled with people trying to help their constituents and do the best they can for them, like Nigel Farage

It is a practice, accepting gifts, that has been in place for a long time at Westminster. That does not make them corrupt.
+++

cromwell

It's not a practice it's bribery and why if you offered a police officer the same you would be charged with bribery and it's not called bribery and corruption for nothing,Westminster is corrupt.

cromwell

Quote from: Borg Refinery on September 30, 2024, 09:49:32 AMNo, that's me [self serving liar and steamer]

Starmer like all politicians simply has ideas on what the country should look like, tries to implement them and make things better for all, just like Farage would, he shouldn't be condemned for that

Politicians have been receiving gifts for centuries, it's a common, standard practice. There's nothing to condemn him for there.

The practice should be reformed - he shouldn't be condemned

Borg Refinery

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2024, 09:25:42 AMThere are a lot of rumours swirling around the web regards steamer that he is a woman hater or gay.

Do I care if he's gay?not at all but I do that he's a self serving liar.

No, that's me [self serving liar and steamer]

Starmer like all politicians simply has ideas on what the country should look like, tries to implement them and make things better for all, just like Farage would, he shouldn't be condemned for that

Politicians have been receiving gifts for centuries, it's a common, standard practice. There's nothing to condemn him for there.

The practice should be reformed - he shouldn't be condemned
+++

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell on September 30, 2024, 09:25:42 AMThere are a lot of rumours swirling around the web regards steamer that he is a woman hater or gay.

A lot of people are risking getting sued.

cromwell

There are a lot of rumours swirling around the web regards steamer that he is a woman hater or gay.

Do I care if he's gay?not at all but I do that he's a self serving liar.

Borg Refinery

She is trying to do what she can for her constituents, just like Labour are trying to do the best they can by theirs. They think that accepting gifts helps elevate their ability to do their job, she thinks otherwise because she feels some compassion for her suffering constituents
Maybe neither of them is wrong
+++

papasmurf

Streetwalker

This one needs a bye -election . If she wants to stand as an independent she needs to be elected as one .The people  that voted labour deserve better .