Canterbury MP Rosie Duffield quits Labour

Started by papasmurf, September 28, 2024, 07:33:35 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2024, 10:21:40 PMIt say Nescafé on the side of busses, they don't give you a cup when you get on. Are you saying you believe what an MP has said?

Until in this case she shows otherwise yes I do, (for the moment.) I don't trust ANY MP.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2024, 09:12:33 PMDuffield's letter said she intended to sit as an independent MP "guided by my core Labour values".
It say Nescafé on the side of busses, they don't give you a cup when you get on. Are you saying you believe what an MP has said?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

srb7677

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2024, 08:45:23 PMQuestion is will she join another party?

Never have I seen a party start falling apart this soon into its tenure. In the U.S. they say you get the President you deserve, congrats to all the Labour voters for voting for Starmageddon.
I didn't vote Labour in 2024 and have long since been warning anyone who would listen based on my knowledge of sharing a party with these people, that Starmer and co are all in it for themselves primarily.

It's what you get when you vote for a bunch of proven self serving liars
We are not all in the same boat. We are in the same storm. Some of us have yachts. Some of us have canoes. Some of us are drowning.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf on September 28, 2024, 09:12:33 PMDuffield's letter said she intended to sit as an independent MP "guided by my core Labour values".
I don't think there is a party that would fit with her values.
Reform and the Tories are too much to the right for her. The Greens and Lib Dems have got the trannie nonsense embedded in their policies.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on September 28, 2024, 08:45:23 PMQuestion is will she join another party?

Duffield's letter said she intended to sit as an independent MP "guided by my core Labour values".

Nick

Quote from: Barry on September 28, 2024, 07:45:14 PMIt's best that she leaves Labour. She believes a woman is always a woman, etc. She's a decent person who wants to do her best for the country and she sees the current leadership as taking the P by getting rich, whilst the pensioners lose out.

The letter she wrote is absolutely spot on. Calls out their hypocrisy.

They haven't even been in for 3 months yet.
Question is will she join another party?

Never have I seen a party start falling apart this soon into its tenure. In the U.S. they say you get the President you deserve, congrats to all the Labour voters for voting for Starmageddon. 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Barry

It's best that she leaves Labour. She believes a woman is always a woman, etc. She's a decent person who wants to do her best for the country and she sees the current leadership as taking the P by getting rich, whilst the pensioners lose out.

The letter she wrote is absolutely spot on. Calls out their hypocrisy.

They haven't even been in for 3 months yet.
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

I wonder how many more Labour MPs will do the same.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c3vkdy997rko

28 September 2024, 17:46 BST
Updated 36 minutes ago
MP Rosie Duffield says she is quitting Labour over leader Keir Starmer's "cruel" policies and "hypocrisy" over his acceptance of gifts.
In her resignation letter, published by the Sunday Times, external, the Canterbury MP lambasts Sir Keir Starmer for the "staggering hypocrisy" of accepting gifts worth tens of thousands of pounds while scrapping the winter fuel payment and keeping the two-child benefit cap.
In the letter she said the "revelations of hypocrisy" since the change of government in July had been "staggering and increasingly outrageous".
"I cannot put into words how angry I and my colleagues are at your total lack of understanding about how you have made us all appear."