Main Menu

A Lesson

Started by Nick, October 03, 2024, 01:07:57 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2024, 01:02:56 PMYou said the maths is wrong, nothing to do with tax rates, and now you're squirming cause you cant prove THE MATHS wrong.

Also, on the tax side, I pay 25% Corporation tax, 20% VAT, 13.2% Employers NIC, then I pay 10% NIC and 40% income tax. That's before we get onto the indirect tax of food, fuel, clothes etc.

Still think I don't pay 70% tax?

Nick you not most people. (Most food is not taxed.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on October 04, 2024, 12:33:15 PMI say you can't get to that £7 out of £10 either on the take or given away fronts.
You said the maths is wrong, nothing to do with tax rates, and now you're squirming cause you cant prove THE MATHS wrong.

Also, on the tax side, I pay 25% Corporation tax, 20% VAT, 13.2% Employers NIC, then I pay 10% NIC and 40% income tax. That's before we get onto the indirect tax of food, fuel, clothes etc.

Still think I don't pay 70% tax?
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Borg Refinery

There is a 70% 'effective' tax in at least one instance

https://taxpolicy.org.uk/2024/06/06/tories_accidental_70_percent/

Also, Nick never said anything about this being analogous to taxation, it was a general point

I disagree with it, as Labour are doing the best they can to turn the country around and pledged no new taxes
+++

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2024, 11:14:07 AMI've nothing to explain, you're the one that said it's wrong, so crack on. Or are you back peddling now you have realised you messed up?

No messing up by me.

I say you can't get to that £7 out of £10 either on the take or given away fronts.  Feel free to see if you can prove me wrong.

But then I know our total tax take is less than 50% of GDP and our welfare bill is less than 20% of our total tax take.  As do these people https://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on October 04, 2024, 10:49:40 AMExactly

I wonder if we can look forward to Nick explaining his maths behind

'Pay them £10 for the work.
Then take £7 back off them.
Give the £7 to a passer by who did nothing.'

I've nothing to explain, you're the one that said it's wrong, so crack on. Or are you back peddling now you have realised you messed up?

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2024, 09:36:36 AMFor a start tax is not 70%.
No, i'ts way higher than 70%, or are you that naive that you think once you have paid income tax that is it.
You really need to crawl out from under your bed and experience the real world cause you're still wet behind the ears.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: papasmurf on October 04, 2024, 09:36:36 AMFor a start tax is not 70%.
Exactly

I wonder if we can look forward to Nick explaining his maths behind

'Pay them £10 for the work.
Give the £7 to a passer by who did nothing.'

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on October 04, 2024, 08:44:52 AMReally? Do explain why.
I look forward to the climb down from that statement.

For a start tax is not 70%.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on October 03, 2024, 11:03:04 PMDodgy maths alert ^

Really? Do explain why.
I look forward to the climb down from that statement.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2024, 01:07:57 PMExplaining to someone how the Labour Party works.

Get them to clean your car for you.
Pay them £10 for the work.
Give the £7 to a passer by who did nothing.
Dodgy maths alert ^

patman post

Quote from: Nick on October 03, 2024, 01:07:57 PMExplaining to someone how the Labour Party works.

That might have had legs if 14 years of Tory administrations had not left the country with highest taxes for 70 years — which were looming even before Covid and the Ukraine war showed how unfunded and unprepared and badly managed UK state responsibilities had become...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on October 03, 2024, 01:55:56 PMVery droll Nick. The Tory Party want to exploit you and if you can't work let you die.
Sounds like a great plan to me ;)

papasmurf

Very droll Nick. The Tory Party want to exploit you and if you can't work let you die.

Nick

Explaining to someone how the Labour Party works.