More non believers in UK - how sad.

Started by T00ts, October 04, 2024, 08:50:11 PM

« previous - next »

Unlucky4Sum

As ever Nick you really hate debate don't you.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 10:40:42 PMOf course it cannot be proven but equally it can't be proved there isn't some creator.

There just isn't enough time for the human species to have evolved to its 46 chromosomes form through evolution, so how did we get here?
I don't have the time nor the crayons to explain it to you. You carry on with your delusion that humans haven't evolved from a lower order. 🙄 
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on Today at 08:01:27 PMSorry that just a cop-out. You don't accept that the universe is eternal but then put God in there as eternal because the universe must have had a creator. And the argument goes back to the beginning, so who created God... To which you say he has always existed, but you don't accept that the universe always existed.  Hypocrisy at its finest I'm afraid. If I started a legal case that the existence of God cannot be proven I would win and that's a fact.
Of course it cannot be proven but equally it can't be proved there isn't some creator.

There just isn't enough time for the human species to have evolved to its 46 chromosomes form through evolution, so how did we get here?

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on Today at 06:30:56 PMI have no proof.

However, if I showed you an A380 aircraft and said that it all happened by chance, you would call me mad.
All life is more complicated than an A380, and that did not happen by itself either.
I believe God designed and created it all. That's where faith comes in.

You and I have many differences but faith is something I always admire. 

(BTW if you've ever seen the wiring inside an A380 you might wonder if it was actually the work of a devil.)

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on Today at 08:01:27 PMSorry that just a cop-out. You don't accept that the universe is eternal but then put God in there as eternal because the universe must have had a creator. And the argument goes back to the beginning, so who created God... To which you say he has always existed, but you don't accept that the universe always existed.  Hypocrisy at its finest I'm afraid. If I started a legal case that the existence of God cannot be proven I would win and that's a fact.

To be fair your demand for irrefutable proof is just as much of a cop-out. The question might be that if we were able to give you that kind of proof would you still find some excuse not to believe? I fear so. That is the hurdle that we all need to overcome.
I think we have to accept that as mere mortals we are incapable of understanding everything. I see no reason to suppose that our God himself was not at one time mortal like us and experienced human life as we do. I haven't a clue what that truth is and frankly it doesn't bother me because I trust that during eternity all things will be made known to all those who prove worthy. How many of us can honestly say that we fully understand something that we can see? Like space for instance. We can see the sky and have scientific evidence to 'prove' it but while scientists continuously say that they have found the ultimate answer to something inevitably within a few years they find they had hardly touched the surface. Knowledge comes at a pace that we are able to deal with it.

Just today I came across a video which is quite interesting. It doesn't fit with everything that I so far understand but goes some way to give an explanation of sorts that is outside the sphere of most people's knowledge. At normal speed it's about 39mins if you can be bothered.

Youtube Video

Nick

Quote from: Barry on Today at 07:29:38 PMGod is eternal. Is, was and forever shall be.

Sorry that just a cop-out. You don't accept that the universe is eternal but then put God in there as eternal because the universe must have had a creator. And the argument goes back to the beginning, so who created God... To which you say he has always existed, but you don't accept that the universe always existed.  Hypocrisy at its finest I'm afraid. If I started a legal case that the existence of God cannot be proven I would win and that's a fact.

Barry

Quote from: Nick on Today at 06:56:00 PMSo now let's say God is the A380, did that A380 happen by chance or is there another God behind the first one that created your God. How many times do we have to go back to the original creator before we acknowledge that we just don't know?
God is eternal. Is, was and forever shall be.
† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on Today at 06:30:56 PMI have no proof.

However, if I showed you an A380 aircraft and said that it all happened by chance, you would call me mad.
All life is more complicated than an A380, and that did not happen by itself either.

So now let's say God is the A380, did that A380 happen by chance or is there another God behind the first one that created your God. How many times do we have to go back to the original creator before we acknowledge that we just don't know?

Barry

Quote from: Nick on Today at 05:41:26 PMI get that Barry, and as you know I respect your faith 100%, I just don't believe, and there is nothing you can point me at that will change that. The fact you use the word faith says to me that you have no proof either.
I have no proof.

† The end is nigh †

Nick

Quote from: Barry on Today at 04:59:36 PMIf there were 100% proof, there would be no need for any faith.
I get that Barry, and as you know I respect your faith 100%, I just don't believe, and there is nothing you can point me at that will change that. The fact you use the word faith says to me that you have no proof either. 

Barry

Quote from: Nick on Today at 01:27:12 PMSo point me to some of this proof, something that compels me to believe with no doubt. That's the definition of proof, and I am 100% confident you can't show me any.

If there were 100% proof, there would be no need for any faith.
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on Today at 01:27:12 PMSo point me to some of this proof, something that compels me to believe with no doubt. That's the definition of proof, and I am 100% confident you can't show me any.

You poor man - the sun shines and thus we can live here. There are substances beneath the earth that have allowed us to develop in science etc. I could go on for days but for you sadly that will never be enough. However there will be a day when Jesus who defied the world and death, will return in the same way that He left and everyone will see and know without a doubt that the scriptures are true. We are in the 7th dispensation and this is now really the end of days. Time is short it is time for all of us to ask the question of God our Father in Heaven, if the scriptures have truth. Perhaps then your need for tangible proof that will satisfy your 'intelligence' will fade.

I feel absolutely sure that there are plenty who regard me and those like me, as nutters. I can take that, but it doesn't stop me from pleading with you all to please ask the question sincerely when-ever and where-ever you will. If we are so wrong what have you to lose?

Interestingly there is a growing number of Jews who realise and believe that Jesus was in fact their long awaited Messiah and that is another development that is written as being a sign of the last days. There are so many more. Be brave - ask the question!

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on Today at 01:06:24 PMThere is plenty of proof all around us. Open your eyes and more importantly your heart. You are as much a child of God as anyone else. Allow Him just a little crack into your being and He will prove Himself to you in no uncertain terms. Proof doesn't come from others or science it is totally down to you
So point me to some of this proof, something that compels me to believe with no doubt. That's the definition of proof, and I am 100% confident you can't show me any. 

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2024, 12:33:45 PMThe fact is that in over 2000 years not one single piece of evidence to support a God has come to light.

There is plenty of proof all around us. Open your eyes and more importantly your heart. You are as much a child of God as anyone else. Allow Him just a little crack into your being and He will prove Himself to you in no uncertain terms. Proof doesn't come from others or science it is totally down to you.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on October 05, 2024, 12:33:45 PMThe fact is that in over 2000 years not one single piece of evidence to support a God has come to light.
I'm agnostic but

The (mumber of) Chromosomes variation across species when odd numbered animals are usually sterile defying the evoloution route.  Also the existence of angular momentum (and variation of plane of same) all point to the so called big ban event starting with some form of pre-existing shape.  Who gave it that shape?

Not proof but evidential.