Manchester airport incident - 23rd July 2024

Started by Barry, October 07, 2024, 04:26:54 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 01:12:26 PMIn the case of the man lying prone on the ground they had already won.  He was no longer any danger but that kick very much was.  Frankly it is ridiculous to suppose it was made in anything other than anger.  And that's the point I was trying to discuss:  giving dispensation for anger is dangerous and if applied might let the assailants off the hook.
It has already been demonstrated to you that people can and do get up sometimes on multiple occasions in one of the cases the taser was so ineffective he stabbed a policewoman in the face,when you say it was obvious he did it in anger you don't know that and obviously we don't need the iopc or courts you are able to determine someones guilt or innocence just by looking which will not be unlucky for some but unlucky for everybody.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 01:12:26 PMIn the case of the man lying prone on the ground they had already won.  He was no longer any danger but that kick very much was.  Frankly it is ridiculous to suppose it was made in anything other than anger.  And that's the point I was trying to discuss:  giving dispensation for anger is dangerous and if applied might let the assailants off the hook.
Police officers are human beings and their training will not eradicate that emotion in a situation like that.
We don't know what was inside the officer's head when he kicked out.

Even that video describes it as a chaotic scene before the police officer kicked out.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 01:44:13 PMWell anything can become a danger or return to being a danger but he wasn't when the kick was aimed and delivered.

Feel free to show where in police manuals it says kicking someone in the head is a better way to deal with someone rather than kneeling on his back while applying handcuffs.

Derek Chauvin did that and got 22 years for murder because his knee slipped . You have to decide if you want a police force that protects us from violent criminals by all means possible against threats real or perceived or a police service that namby pambies around a load of rules that protect said criminal .
Im 100% in the first camp

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on Today at 02:06:42 PMAnd whilst he is doing that someone else can take his weapon from behind. Jeez!!

In the other mobile phone videos shown there was an woman from the group who had already attacked police officers behind him.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 01:44:13 PMWell anything can become a danger or return to being a danger but he wasn't when the kick was aimed and delivered.

Feel free to show where in police manuals it says kicking someone in the head is a better way to deal with someone rather than kneeling on his back while applying handcuffs.
And whilst he is doing that someone else can take his weapon from behind. Jeez!!
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Frankly having seen the videos leading up to that man being kicked in the head, I would have kicked him harder.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on Today at 01:38:29 PMAbsolute crap, please show evidence that the guy on the floor couldn't get up again and re-engage.
Well anything can become a danger or return to being a danger but he wasn't when the kick was aimed and delivered.

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on Today at 01:38:29 PMAbsolute crap, please show evidence that the guy on the floor couldn't get up again and re-engage.

Quite:- Experts said there are a variety of factors that can influence whether a Taser works as desired. Baggy clothing or sudden movement can rip the wires away. The drive-stun mode may not have the same effect on some people, particularly those who are under the influence of drugs or who are mentally ill.

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 01:12:26 PMIn the case of the man lying prone on the ground they had already won.  He was no longer any danger
Absolute crap, please show evidence that the guy on the floor couldn't get up again and re-engage.

Nick

Quote from: Barry on Today at 01:06:01 PMI can't remember Nick posting that.
Cromwell said it was OK if an officer felt threatened that his firearm may be taken.
I would say every violent incident is different and that such an assertion is far too wide to be useful, when each individual action is assessed in relation to a specific incident.
The Police have a total right to self defence, as do the general public. The Police must be allowed to win in violent confrontations, or law and order will break down even further.

You're wasting your time Barry, Steve seems incapable of grasping that a Taser is a momentary relaxant and that a man lying down can get back up, seize the officers weapon whilst he is now dealing with another aggressor.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Barry on Today at 01:06:01 PMI can't remember Nick posting that.
Cromwell said it was OK if an officer felt threatened that his firearm may be taken.
I would say every violent incident is different and that such an assertion is far too wide to be useful, when each individual action is assessed in relation to a specific incident.
The Police have a total right to self defence, as do the general public. The Police must be allowed to win in violent confrontations, or law and order will break down even further.

In the case of the man lying prone on the ground they had already won.  He was no longer any danger but that kick very much was.  Frankly it is ridiculous to suppose it was made in anything other than anger.  And that's the point I was trying to discuss:  giving dispensation for anger is dangerous and if applied might let the assailants off the hook.

Barry

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 12:58:04 PMSo what you appear to be saying is the police have a free right to launch potentially lethal kicks to the head to tasered assailants now lying prone on the ground.

Correct?

I can't remember Nick posting that.
† The end is nigh †

Unlucky4Sum

So what you appear to be saying is the police have a free right to launch potentially lethal kicks to the head to tasered assailants now lying prone on the ground.

Correct?

Nick

Quote from: Unlucky4Sum on Today at 11:03:08 AMYou're the one that used the term 'neutralised' wanting it to mean more than lying flat on your face on the ground.
Someone lying on the ground can get up, someone that is neutralised will not get up.
You're just being argumentative.

Unlucky4Sum

Quote from: Nick on Today at 08:04:19 AMWhat a moronic response.

You're the one that used the term 'neutralised' wanting it to mean more than lying flat on your face on the ground.