UK Down the pan!

Started by T00ts, Today at 02:52:30 PM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Nick on Today at 04:45:38 PMLets just hope there is loads of Americans to keep you company ;)

Never seen an American there.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

Tories are the same as Labour and all the main parties, even Reform UK.  They all serve rich people who want to transfer more power from the people to themselves.  Divide and conquer is a popular technique in empire building, and it's similar to problem-reaction-solution which is used against the population.  They create all the problems, react in surprise that it happened, then justify more control.  It doesn't matter if it destroys the country, as long as they have more control.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Nick

Quote from: papasmurf on Today at 04:43:52 PMAt least I am getting away for couple of weeks, where there are no British tourists.
Lets just hope there is loads of Americans to keep you company ;)
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on Today at 04:40:41 PMLOL I don't think we are quite sunk yet , holed below the waterline and scrambling for the lifeboats would be nearer the truth . Those lifeboats have all departed though with  Labour party members and public sector workers .
There was never going to be any room for the likes of me and you . Just as well I brought my own boat eh ?

At least I am getting away for couple of weeks, where there are no British tourists.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on Today at 04:34:11 PMHeading for the rocks is not the same as the Tories sinking the ship.

LOL I don't think we are quite sunk yet , holed below the waterline and scrambling for the lifeboats would be nearer the truth . Those lifeboats have all departed though with  Labour party members and public sector workers .
There was never going to be any room for the likes of me and you . Just as well I brought my own boat eh ?

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker on Today at 04:21:50 PMAs mentioned elsewhere we noticed we were heading for the rocks when Blair was in charge . The Tories simply for whatever reason couldn't /wouldn't turn the ship .

Heading for the rocks is not the same as the Tories sinking the ship.

Streetwalker

Quote from: papasmurf on Today at 03:15:04 PMThe Tories have totally fubared Britain. Why you had not noticed that is frankly a puzzle. (Seriously.)

As mentioned elsewhere we noticed we were heading for the rocks when Blair was in charge . The Tories simply for whatever reason couldn't /wouldn't turn the ship .

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts on Today at 02:52:30 PMYou have been banging that same drum from time immemorial and it still doesn't hit the right rhythm.

The Tories have totally fubared Britain. Why you had not noticed that is frankly a puzzle. (Seriously.)

T00ts

I wrote this in answer to Pappy's post in the Birmingham thread and realised that I had possibly gone off topic. So have started this thread instead.

Quote from: papasmurf on Today at 02:19:30 PMThe country slid down the pan during 14 years of Tories. It will need very big sludge gulper to get the country of the mire.

You have been banging that same drum from time immemorial and it still doesn't hit the right rhythm. Labour have been proven over and over again to be wastrels with everyone's cash. Labour opened the door to unfettered entry into this country and as a result wages dropped through the floor. Talk to the builders. Labour will repeat all the woes from past times and leave us poorer again while the State prospers and takes more and more freedoms from us all. Labour decided that most kids should go to university and they are demanding post grad fanciful salaries on mickey mouse education leaving us with no-one happy to do the jobs that don't require too many brains. Kids have been misled into believing that there is no failure in this world (Blair again) and that life owes all a living without too much effort or loyalty or responsibility on their part. The disabled/sick are getting a rough deal because too many others have jumped onto the benefits bandwagon. I think it was Brown who decided that even people on good salaries could qualify for benefits. (Universal Credits?) Once things are given only a 'nasty party' will try to remove them!
The Conservatives have been a mess true but then they had to deal with Blair/Brown's mess, Covid and wars which have eaten into the pot. Starmer and his cronies are not the answer yet sadly I still cannot see anyone who is.

This country will go down the pan because there is an abysmal lack of integrity and a lack of enough people in high places prepared to show moral courage and set an example for others. There is plenty of integrity out in the electorate but they tend to be the silent majority and are ignored.