Main Menu

Poor Florida

Started by T00ts, Today at 04:52:48 PM

« previous - next »

Borg Refinery

It's unprecedented in terms of the tornadoes it's creating - two ETF-3 ones so far.

It seems ATL will remain mostly unaffected and evacuees from FL are ending up here. Let's hope they all make it out in one piece.

They are saying these hurricane seasons will only get worse.
+++

Barry

We have some friends live in North Port, not far from Port Charlotte. About 100k south of Tampa Bay.
I believe their house is of wooden construction, which is worrying.
† The end is nigh †

Streetwalker

Ive a couple of mates in Orlando on the Highland ridge golf course but I think they are pretty OK as its inland so will just be a bit windy .Maybe take an extra club  ;)

Its the tidal surge that will cause the problems

T00ts

Mmm It was a very long time ago and it was interesting much later to hear that Virgin flights changed to Brit Airways was something underhand and was going on at the time. We just had a last minute note under the door to say that our airport had changed. So we had a massive drive plus the 9 hours. I was very glad to get home.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on Today at 06:06:45 PMI once spent 9hrs waiting for a redirected flight in Atlanta with 2 young kids
Hope you had a visa? lol

Yeah, it's a huge airport, and a pig to get to, you have to go through the middle of Atlanta.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Quote from: Nick on Today at 05:03:43 PMI know @Borgy is in Atlanta, which is just up the road, not sure what the exact path of the hurricane is.

I once spent 9hrs waiting for a redirected flight in Atlanta with 2 young kids, I know Atlanta airport pretty well. They just might escape the very worst of it I think but the band is huge and seems to take in a very wide area.

Nick

Quote from: T00ts on Today at 04:52:48 PMDoes anyone have friends/family there? I think I heard that not everyone has managed to get out and British holiday makers have been abandoned to sort themselves out which seems very harsh.
I know @Borgy is in Atlanta, which is just up the road, not sure what the exact path of the hurricane is.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

T00ts

Does anyone have friends/family there? I think I heard that not everyone has managed to get out and British holiday makers have been abandoned to sort themselves out which seems very harsh.