Main Menu

Food choice.

Started by papasmurf, February 26, 2020, 11:21:31 AM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=17613 time=1582803870 user_id=87
Yep, and most of those are probably Indian Hindi's living there  :D

Well the stats say another 20% are considering going vegan don't imagine a quarter of Scots are Hindus.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Wiggles

Quote from: cromwell post_id=17605 time=1582802559 user_id=48
Yes I don't believe the halal route is right and the reality whatever the slaughtering method is that it is often flawed and there's little thought to welfare.

If I had to face what happens day in day out I doubt I'd continue to eat meat,very harsh comment on the Scots though they are are about 6% veggies.

Yep, and most of those are probably Indian Hindi's living there  :D
A hand up, not a hand out

T00ts

Let's face it unless you are the farmer and have access to whatever you grow, I would possibly stop eating at all if I knew exactly what has happened to it before it arrives in my shopping bag.

cromwell

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=17599 time=1582800654 user_id=87
It's a shame you can't respect other people's beliefs. I am a veggie, although probably a vegan by belief. Yep, that makes me a bit of hypocrite. I have been so for 56 of my 62 years. Gave it up when my sister told me where meat comes from, as I have never managed to get my head around chewing on the inside of an animal. I on the other hand have full respect for anyone who does eat meat, but would ask that when an animal's life comes to end, it is done quickly without pain, and has little stress as possible. Having recently spoken to an experienced vet, the vast majority of meat is now Halal, even though most people don't realise it. Apparently it just makes it easier for the slaughter houses to stick to one method, and it's thought most non Muslims don't really care.

Having been a veggie for so many years, I have done a lot of research. It always makes me laugh when a meat eater tries to explain to me that we should all eat meat, when in actual fact non meat eaters tend to live longer. For those of you who don't know, the answer to the question "should we eat meat" doesn't really have an answer. You see, we derive from a combination of up to five different homo sapiens, a few of which were veggie, and a few of which were omnivorous. We are therefore still evolving. If we don't destroy the planet first, at some point in the distant future it is possible we will be fully developed omnivorous creatures. In other words, the harm some meats now do us, won't do any longer. That said, the western world now eats a lot less meat per head, and as the younger generations come through, the split between meat eaters and non meat eaters will close. Research shows that between 12% and 20% of the UK public no longer eat meat, although I believe it is far nearer the 12% than the 20%. Of course, this is regional. Veggies in the south of the country are two a penny, whereas where I live in Lincolnshire it is extremely rare. Go to Scotland and they wouldn't even know what you were talking about.

Scientists are now growing meat in labs, and if they master this it won't just be good for the poor old animals, it will be pretty damn good for the planet. Like it or not, the diet in the western world is changing quite dramatically, and it's likely to change even further !

Yes I don't believe the halal route is right and the reality whatever the slaughtering method is that it is often flawed and there's little thought to welfare.

If I had to face what happens day in day out I doubt I'd continue to eat meat,very harsh comment on the Scots though they are are about 6% veggies.

cromwell

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=17599 time=1582800654 user_id=87
It's a shame you can't respect other people's beliefs. I am a veggie, although probably a vegan by belief. Yep, that makes me a bit of hypocrite. I have been so for 56 of my 62 years. Gave it up when my sister told me where meat comes from, as I have never managed to get my head around chewing on the inside of an animal. I on the other hand have full respect for anyone who does eat meat, but would ask that when an animal's life comes to end, it is done quickly without pain, and has little stress as possible. Having recently spoken to an experienced vet, the vast majority of meat is now Halal, even though most people don't realise it. Apparently it just makes it easier for the slaughter houses to stick to one method, and it's thought most non Muslims don't really care.

Having been a veggie for so many years, I have done a lot of research. It always makes me laugh when a meat eater tries to explain to me that we should all eat meat, when in actual fact non meat eaters tend to live longer. For those of you who don't know, the answer to the question "should we eat meat" doesn't really have an answer. You see, we derive from a combination of up to five different homo sapiens, a few of which were veggie, and a few of which were omnivorous. We are therefore still evolving. If we don't destroy the planet first, at some point in the distant future it is possible we will be fully developed omnivorous creatures. In other words, the harm some meats now do us, won't do any longer. That said, the western world now eats a lot less meat per head, and as the younger generations come through, the split between meat eaters and non meat eaters will close. Research shows that between 12% and 20% of the UK public no longer eat meat, although I believe it is far nearer the 12% than the 20%. Of course, this is regional. Veggies in the south of the country are two a penny, whereas where I live in Lincolnshire it is extremely rare. Go to Scotland and they wouldn't even know what you were talking about.

Scientists are now growing meat in labs, and if they master this it won't just be good for the poor old animals, it will be pretty damn good for the planet. Like it or not, the diet in the western world is changing quite dramatically, and it's likely to change even further !

Wiggles

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=17520 time=1582720703 user_id=53
Vegans are weirdos at the best of times and to be honest should have their own shops as I don't want them touching stuff I am about to buy .

I like the Liddle  supermarkets ,not just because they are cheap but some of the meat is of good quality but feck me the checkout experience is something Im not up for so its Waitrose for me , a few extra pounds but my sanity intact .

A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

BBC 1 tonight 20-00 hours The Truth About Takeaways.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fs5n">https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fs5n
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17589 time=1582797381 user_id=54
Did she enjoy it? I can imagine that being similar to beef/lamb or something. It's when people start eating creepy crawlies or things that slither and of course potential pets that I start to feel a bit sick.

So do they,with things like the corona virus starting. :o

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=17592 time=1582798930 user_id=51
Just subscribed to her channel. Will be useful when the TV licence runs out in 2 days.  :hattip

There are a lot of videos to watch.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17590 time=1582797712 user_id=89
Judging by the big grin on her face, yes.

Just subscribed to her channel. Will be useful when the TV licence runs out in 2 days.  :hattip
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=17589 time=1582797381 user_id=54
Did she enjoy it?

Judging by the big grin on her face, yes.

T00ts

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17578 time=1582795330 user_id=89
I have been following "Itchy Boots," on YouTube on her travels by motorcycle from the tip of South America to Alaska.

On yesterdays video, she had a Llama meat sandwich.

Did she enjoy it? I can imagine that being similar to beef/lamb or something. It's when people start eating creepy crawlies or things that slither and of course potential pets that I start to feel a bit sick.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17563 time=1582750713 user_id=63
I know, hence how I get to try a VEGAN sausage after all...

I have been following "Itchy Boots," on YouTube on her travels by motorcycle from the tip of South America to Alaska.

On yesterdays video, she had a Llama meat sandwich.

Streetwalker

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=17563 time=1582750713 user_id=63

:lol:  :lol:

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=17560 time=1582746361 user_id=89
They will, including a human body.

<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>