Michael Bloomberg

Started by Barry, March 05, 2020, 01:42:52 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: Borchester post_id=18106 time=1583526897 user_id=62
I could do with a bit of obscenity.

That said, it is nice to see that, contrary to popular belief, elections can't be bought.

Neither could bog rolls, but that's not so true any more...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Nalaar

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=18100 time=1583502098 user_id=70All probably correct, but his campaigning was totally lacklustre — he needed to be coached on personality and performance.

I'm no fan of Bloomberg,  it it's interesting that many agree what killed his campaign was his stage performance, rather than his ideas, and that if he had been a better performer he may of had a chance, such is the mess of our political systems.
Don't believe everything you think.

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=18046 time=1583415772 user_id=51
He spent a billion dollars on trying to get elected in America and that sort of money just seems obscene.

Until you realise he's worth 62 billion dollars, so it's a drop in the ocean for him. His wealth is more obscene.

I could do with a bit of obscenity.

That said, it is nice to see that, contrary to popular belief, elections can't be bought.
Algerie Francais !

johnofgwent

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=18100 time=1583502098 user_id=70
All probably correct, but his campaigning was totally lacklustre — he needed to be coached on personality and performance. Whatever he had that got him elected New York mayor three times seems to have deserted him...

Google is your friend here. I think what got him elected - for the party opposing his political stance - the first time was his choice not to accept funding but pay his campaign costs out of his personal fortune ... in other words the money acquired from whatever his 'business' interests were
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

patman post

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=18060 time=1583436789 user_id=53
I don't know what he was trying to prove  but joining the race for the nomination so late  was always going to mean it was money down the drain for him . Just shows how much either personal wealth or financial backing is needed in the US to get anywhere near head office .

Still spending money is what makes the US capitalist system work so a billion bucks is always welcome .

All probably correct, but his campaigning was totally lacklustre — he needed to be coached on personality and performance. Whatever he had that got him elected New York mayor three times seems to have deserted him...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Streetwalker

I don't know what he was trying to prove  but joining the race for the nomination so late  was always going to mean it was money down the drain for him . Just shows how much either personal wealth or financial backing is needed in the US to get anywhere near head office .

Still spending money is what makes the US capitalist system work so a billion bucks is always welcome .

Barry

He spent a billion dollars on trying to get elected in America and that sort of money just seems obscene.

Until you realise he's worth 62 billion dollars, so it's a drop in the ocean for him. His wealth is more obscene.
† The end is nigh †