Have I got your attention yet?

Started by Barry, March 16, 2020, 11:19:10 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Thank you Barry that was interesting. Looking to 'the Church' to lead seems a slightly feeble hope based on present performances. Who do you suppose she is referring to?  I presume the Christian Church of course but there are many all teaching differing doctrine  so how would anyone know which to follow?

For my money our relationship with Him is personal. Prayer is not just for crisis, prayer is a regular report to our Father, to tell Him how we feel, what we regret, what we need and our feelings about Him. I struggle with prayers that are repeated parrot fashion from a book. Doesn't a prayer from the heart represent so much more? Even when leading a crowd/congregation. I am all for prayer en mass or solo, as long as it is lead by heartfelt inspiration from the Holy Ghost . So yes a day of prayer with a 24 hour fast added for good measure to concentrate our individual spirits, but God does not blow hot and cold as sometimes we do. To honour Him our prayers should be continuous/regular with Him constantly in our hearts through both times of trouble and times of peace.

Barry

† The end is nigh †

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=18836 time=1584441008 user_id=89
When things were great is so long ago I have forgotten when that was.

Can't remember the garden of Eden, can we?
† The end is nigh †

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=18835 time=1584440917 user_id=54
I don't quite understand the argument that many use against the notion that God exists when they question His involvement in the nastier things in life but don't include Him when things are great.

When things were great is so long ago I have forgotten when that was.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=18834 time=1584440206 user_id=51
I remember a guy on another forum who had a heart attack and said he was suddenly a "born again" believer when he knew he was close to death. He actually recovered and didn't think much more of it.

Cromwell's only 5 years older than me, and as Nick says, there's quite a few "coffin dodgers" on the forum.

Funny the government advice age is three score years and ten - now where did that come from.  ;)

I was expecting some to say that God could have prevented the spread of this virus, which he could. However, he left man pretty much in charge of the stewardship of this world (dominion in the Bible) and I am sure He will work his purposes out. After all, the Bible says it is His will that all would be saved, although it is fairly clear that only a "remnant" actually will be.

I don't quite understand the argument that many use against the notion that God exists when they question His involvement in the nastier things in life but don't include Him when things are great.

Barry

I remember a guy on another forum who had a heart attack and said he was suddenly a "born again" believer when he knew he was close to death. He actually recovered and didn't think much more of it.

Cromwell's only 5 years older than me, and as Nick says, there's quite a few "coffin dodgers" on the forum.

Funny the government advice age is three score years and ten - now where did that come from.  ;)

I was expecting some to say that God could have prevented the spread of this virus, which he could. However, he left man pretty much in charge of the stewardship of this world (dominion in the Bible) and I am sure He will work his purposes out. After all, the Bible says it is His will that all would be saved, although it is fairly clear that only a "remnant" actually will be.
† The end is nigh †

cromwell

Well being a godless creature I've always been aware of my mortality,tbh I'm surprised I'm still here.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=18816 time=1584400750 user_id=51
I just wondered if God is saying, "Have I got your attention yet?"

If you never realised you are mortal, you should now. Think about it.

Well you got mine pretty fast. I suspect they'll get over it as soon as the pubs re-open!

Barry

I just wondered if God is saying, "Have I got your attention yet?"

If you never realised you are mortal, you should now. Think about it.
† The end is nigh †