Main Menu

It'll be tough!

Started by T00ts, March 18, 2020, 10:02:07 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

This morning I went into a bit of a wobble and broke down. I have an awful feeling that no matter what pleadings or plans the government, common sense or decency makes there are too many who simply don't get it. I fear that once again with all the evidence even from Italy before we were aware of infection here we knew it was coming for weeks and yet we hear that medics don't even have protective equipment. If one more tells me on TV etc that it's on its way while showing a calm unruffled expression I will go mad. What are we doing? Why weren't the NHS prepared? Hasn't BJ, the scientists, behaviourists and NHS mandarins yet realised that it is already out of control?

Either they start growing some cajones and compel people to act responsibly or our death toll will be as bad if not worse than everywhere else.

Fortunately people have been kind enough today to get me back up and coping and now I am fine again but the prospect of spending 12 weeks (and inevitably a lot longer) dutifully isolated while there is such out and out incompetence all around became more than I could handle for a while today.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=19216 time=1584901123 user_id=48
Sadly that's the range of humanity? we have from the very best to well....need I say more.

Their best is as good as our best, their worst is as bad as our worst:-

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

cromwell

Quote from: T00ts post_id=19213 time=1584899791 user_id=54
What a disgusting, uncaring, selfish shameful response that is.

Sadly that's the range of humanity? we have from the very best to well....need I say more.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: T00ts post_id=19213 time=1584899791 user_id=54

Quite, and as the age of the dead is creeping down to age 40, it could be him next.

T00ts

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19199 time=1584896542 user_id=87
Your looking at things emotively, not logically. I am no spring chicken myself, but am still capable of seeing what's best for society. Old people hug beds, quite often smell of urine, and are responsible for the housing crisis.

Wiggles

Quote from: "Bright Young Thing" post_id=19086 time=1584784767 user_id=49
My parent may be elderly but they still contribute a lot to society with volunteering and lots of other stuff. They are both well, but it's still a frightening situation for them and for me. Can you imagine how guilty I would feel passing this onto them? Suits your agenda down to the ground though eh Wiggles. Lets just hope your immune system is tip top and you don't catch it. Whatever would we do without the forum WUM  :oops:  :fcplm:  :kikass:

Anyway, that's my last angry post on it. It's a new day, the sun is shining and I'm counting my blessings. Off (with gloves and hand sanitiser) to Marks and Spensive for one last hurrah in the food hall. I might be stuck at home but I will have nice stuff to eat!

Your looking at things emotively, not logically. I am no spring chicken myself, but am still capable of seeing what's best for society. Old people hug beds, quite often smell of urine, and are responsible for the housing crisis.
A hand up, not a hand out

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=19129 time=1584809242 user_id=48

We were kept in the dark about that

:D  :D
Algerie Francais !

GregB

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19109 time=1584799927 user_id=89
People from upcountry ignoring the government advice about essential travel. Coming on holiday is NOT essential travel and there are only 15 intensive care beds here.

The government has also not shut down camp sites/caravan sites/mobile home sites. (In France they had to be evacuated until further notice on the 16th of March.)

I suspect, (as there have already been death threats against holiday related sites actively encouraging people to Cornwall to self isolate.) that it could turn very ugly if there is a mass exodus from uncountry for Easter.

The government should take immediate action, to ban non essential travel.

Aye so it was fine for you to run of to Brittany to your remote holiday home when you thought you could but not for others to go to there's for the same reason. Talk about double standards.

Thomas

:lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Borchester post_id=19141 time=1584811608 user_id=62
By God that was a good one. All we got on the telly at the time were endless photos of Harold Wilson standing on the cliffs of somewhere (probably Bush House) and looking out to sea, defying the oil slick to do its worse. Everyone was running around like blue bummed flies trying to set the oil alight and clean the beaches, all to sod all effect. Then there were a few storms that sorted everything out. A sort of analogy for this bug that is going around.... :D

Indeed so. Dad did suggest at the time if the bombing runs failed to do the job they might like to try the system he had recently delivered .......

I dont know what the cornish did to piss him off that badly. The system he had just finished contributing to was the one the Vulcan bombers never needed thank ****
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

johnofgwent

My phone has gone down with the virus. At least it seems to.have. actually, antiviral measures of the IT kind installed to fight chinese immigrants imported on the phones of certain visitors to.our factory have gone into overdrive multiple times this week. Causing me to repost multiple times. Sorry about that....
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

cromwell

Quote from: Barry post_id=19126 time=1584808728 user_id=51
I dare say it's the biggest thing that's happened to Devon and Cornwall police since the Torrey Canyon. The temporary ACC will be under a lot of pressure.

I always thought it was when the Kodima lost its a cargo of wood in whitsand bay,dare say smurfy got a few bits if wood  ;)

Borchester

Quote from: Barry post_id=19126 time=1584808728 user_id=51
I dare say it's the biggest thing that's happened to Devon and Cornwall police since the Torrey Canyon. The temporary ACC will be under a lot of pressure.

By God that was a good one. All we got on the telly at the time were endless photos of Harold Wilson standing on the cliffs of somewhere (probably Bush House) and looking out to sea, defying the oil slick to do its worse. Everyone was running around like blue bummed flies trying to set the oil alight and clean the beaches, all to sod all effect. Then there were a few storms that sorted everything out. A sort of analogy for this bug that is going around.... :D
Algerie Francais !

papasmurf

You might have been it was the first time ever I can remember a very senior police officer stating the police could not handle the number of criminals that they knew were coming to the area and gave out exact instructions in how to prevent being prosecuted if you happened to "off" anyone breaking in.

(Don't bother asking for a reference because there isn't one, it was face to face meetings  not on police premises.)

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19128 time=1584809042 user_id=89
Actually it isn't the eclipse back in 1999 was.