Shall I buy a newspaper today?

Started by Borchester, March 22, 2020, 09:22:25 AM

« previous - next »

patman post

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19298 time=1584985093 user_id=70
I can also use the iPad as a phone — but I've only Apple Paid a couple of times (for ordering and paying in Wetherspoons hotels) and never since. Guess I just like plastic...

Off-licences added to the list of essential shops. Great news! The move came as bicycle and car parts retailer Halfords had to defend its decision to keep shops open. Boss Graham Stapleton said the chain had "an essential role to play in keeping the country moving".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260">https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52033260

Now some people are calling for a Halfords' boycott — no thought for how essential workers are meant to keep their cars and bikes in a safe running condition...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

patman post

Quote from: GregB post_id=19290 time=1584979805 user_id=72
Christ you must have mahoosive pockets  :D

I can also use the iPad as a phone — but I've only Apple Paid a couple of times (for ordering and paying in Wetherspoons hotels) and never since. Guess I just like plastic...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

GregB

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19287 time=1584979211 user_id=70
Have it on my iPad, but never installed it on my phone. Don't know why — become wary of technology at the age of 39 perhaps...

Christ you must have mahoosive pockets  :D

patman post

Quote from: GregB post_id=19283 time=1584978314 user_id=72
If you have an iPhone get Apple Pay, no £30 limit in just about every shop except Tesco.

Have it on my iPad, but never installed it on my phone. Don't know why — become wary of technology at the age of 39 perhaps...

GregB

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19279 time=1584976775 user_id=70
Yes, thanks, had wondered about that, but I fancied a drink then and there. Luckily, I was one of two customers. Unfortunately I spent over £30 so couldn't pay contactlessly, so used a gloved finger to put in code. Not sure whether I'll succumb to alcoholism during lockdown (if it comes), or go stir crazy and rush around the streets...

If you have an iPhone get Apple Pay, no £30 limit in just about every shop except Tesco.

patman post

Quote from: GregB post_id=19212 time=1584899414 user_id=72
There's plenty available on Amazon but even with Prime not delivered until Wednesday, might be quicker where you live. Just a thought  :hattip

Yes, thanks, had wondered about that, but I fancied a drink then and there. Luckily, I was one of two customers. Unfortunately I spent over £30 so couldn't pay contactlessly, so used a gloved finger to put in code. Not sure whether I'll succumb to alcoholism during lockdown (if it comes), or go stir crazy and rush around the streets...

GregB

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19210 time=1584898543 user_id=70
I'm currently debating whether to venture out for some Teachers, Jamisons and Wray & Nephew overproof. We're completely out apart from Norwegian Akevitt, which is only OK as a hand sanitiser. The roads are v. quiet round here but I have to venture out to the high street and hope the offie has stock and isn't crowded...

There's plenty available on Amazon but even with Prime not delivered until Wednesday, might be quicker where you live. Just a thought  :hattip

patman post

I'm currently debating whether to venture out for some Teachers, Jamisons and Wray & Nephew overproof. We're completely out apart from Norwegian Akevitt, which is only OK as a hand sanitiser. The roads are v. quiet round here but I have to venture out to the high street and hope the offie has stock and isn't crowded...

Borchester

Usually I buy the Sunday Times for the book reviews, which means I can discuss them (the books that is) without having to read the wretched things. But the Times is going down the Swanee and every few months decides to cut back on the reviewer fees by padding the paper out with interviews with some Z rated celebrity who rattles on about his/her's/its fight against racism, sexism and being an arse numbingly dull pain in the arse with the result that I can't help wondering if this is what I really want to spend my £2.90 on.

Decisions, decisions.

I think that I will go back to bed and sleep on it.
Algerie Francais !