I can't see this nonsense lasting much longer

Started by Borchester, March 23, 2020, 02:17:37 PM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

I am starting to see articles in what I shall call the less sensationalist press suggesting that a blood test kit using technologies similar to those I researched back in 1979, but now targeted at viral antigen antibodies rather than the enzyme markers I was interested in, is now available and likely to be mass produced and distributed shortly.

The idea being put about is that this disease was around far earlier, has already hit far more people who hardly noticed it.

If this is the case, then coupling this with other articles suggesting the virus has a remarkably LOW degree of mutation - suggesting an inability to maximise incorporation of host cell surface glycoprotein fragments into its own coating which is how other flu strains fool you and hit you more than once, then it really is the case that this 'ninsense' will be over for many a LOT sooner.

Because a globally accepted test that you've had the disease and cant get it again means all those who HAVE had it can get back to normal and the ones that are yet to be infected can look forward to a vaccine a bloody sight quicker.

Of course, this will need a national registration scheme the health nazis will have orgasms over, and we might have to go back to shooting on sight any found to be abusing the 'I'm not at risk'  awards...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Borchester

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19494 time=1585151369 user_id=89

Thanks Pappy
Algerie Francais !

patman post

No cod Scots, Thomas? I feel slighted. There could have been at least a Yer bum's oot the windae...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Thomas

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19485 time=1585145231 user_id=70
Perhaps not forgotten so much as not actually there to show — this is where the mainstream media has the edge over bloggers, You Tubers, piss takers and trolls...

Do you never ever get tired of your drive by postings as deppity dawg called them and empty humour that is as funny as a feckin hole in the heart?

Do you no have a french chateau to be at or something?  :-?  :roll:  :lol: .
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19486 time=1585148642 user_id=87
That's where I live, not where I come from. Born and bread in North London, and then spent 34 years in MK.

i know you told us before.

...but now you live in a swamp in the middle of nowhere correct?
The last ten years of my working life I visited offices on a daily basis. All sorts of offices including many call centres. I have kept in contact with ex colleagues, and up to yesterday they were still visiting the same offices and doing the same job, with few exceptions

I can also provide similar anecdotal evidence. Im still in my working life , not retired ,and up to monday was dealing with many of these offices on a daily basis.

QuoteI have even visited the website of my old company, and it reads "business as usual".

To be fair though wiggy , thats not necessarily any evidence of business open as normal and working from an office is it?

QuoteOf course, in most cases this isn't possible.
No?

I would say in most cases it is , and some cases it isnt.I take your point though , and would probably agree many people are still working in offices from what i am hearing.

papasmurf

Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19454 time=1585132502 user_id=58
Anyhoo wiggy , what the hell do you know of large city centre offices wae workers packed in like sardines?

You live in the middle of the lincolnshire fens next to a swamp. Your nearest neighbour is a coo shed.

The last time you experienced being packed in like sardines was when you got locked in the local pub the other night wae all 6 members of the village.

Post edited for moderation reasons. BYT.

That's where I live, not where I come from. Born and bread in North London, and then spent 34 years in MK. The last ten years of my working life I visited offices on a daily basis. All sorts of offices including many call centres. I have kept in contact with ex colleagues, and up to yesterday they were still visiting the same offices and doing the same job, with few exceptions. I have even visited the website of my old company, and it reads "business as usual". To correct what someone else said, the government have not requested offices to close, but have encouraged people to work from home. Of course, in most cases this isn't possible.
A hand up, not a hand out

patman post

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19438 time=1585125836 user_id=87
... Strangely enough they have forgotten the millions of people who work in large offices with workers packed in like sardines.

Perhaps not forgotten so much as not actually there to show — this is where the mainstream media has the edge over bloggers, You Tubers, piss takers and trolls...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Borchester

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19443 time=1585129032 user_id=58
Which large offices are they then?

i think streetwalker is making again the point that the gov are sending out vague conflicting messages as they weigh up the balancing act between keeping some of the economy running against the wider public health.

This no mans land we seem to be in at the minute isnt doing anyone any favours.

All true. Everybody wants to do something and we are getting a lot of grand gestures, but so far they are all a bit vague and it is beginning to look as though a minor incident is going to be blown up out of all proportion and the British economy will be sent charging down the wrong valley.

NB This is Youtube link ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28yyg3pABM">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28yyg3pABM

If the video does not appear can someone do the honours

Algerie Francais !

Thomas

Strangely enough they have forgotten the millions of people who work in large offices with workers packed in like sardines.

Anyhoo wiggy , what the hell do you know of large city centre offices wae workers packed in like sardines?

You live in the middle of the lincolnshire fens next to a swamp. Your nearest neighbour is a coo shed.

The last time you experienced being packed in like sardines was when you got locked in the local pub the other night wae all 6 members of the village.

Post edited for moderation reasons. BYT.

Thomas

Quote from: Barry post_id=19452 time=1585131305 user_id=51
Was it at 2.30?  ;)

I see Donald Trump wants the USA back to normal by Easter. Good luck with that Don!

:lol:

Naw barry , i always go first thing or very last. Thats the middle of the working day for me so no use!

I think the donald ( i love scatland 8-) )is being very optimistic as ever.

Barry

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19448 time=1585129794 user_id=58
i had a dentist appointment for this friday 27th , and have only just received an e mail to say its cancelled. .

Was it at 2.30?  ;)

I see Donald Trump wants the USA back to normal by Easter. Good luck with that Don!
† The end is nigh †

Thomas

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19445 time=1585129556 user_id=89
Quite.

Thus far personally no dentists except in an emergency. No opticians for eye tests BUT in my case due to needing a post operative eye check, special case one hour slot appointment with no-one but me and the ophthalmologist present.

My wife needs a B12 injection in a few days, but as long as she can be issued the kit she can do the injection herself.

Locally it is post apocalyptic I have seen no-one and no vehicles go past yet today.

i had a dentist appointment for this friday 27th , and have only just received an e mail to say its cancelled.

I am still seeing people and cars etc going about  .

papasmurf

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19443 time=1585129032 user_id=58

Quite.

Thus far personally no dentists except in an emergency. No opticians for eye tests BUT in my case due to needing a post operative eye check, special case one hour slot appointment with no-one but me and the ophthalmologist present.

My wife needs a B12 injection in a few days, but as long as she can be issued the kit she can do the injection herself.

Locally it is post apocalyptic I have seen no-one and no vehicles go past yet today.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Thomas

Just watching the news, and now the media have decided to pick on construction workers, and pick them out as people who are not following guidelines. Strangely enough they have forgotten the millions of people who work in large offices with workers packed in like sardines.

Which large offices are they then?

Most offices are closed , with many closing last week following government guidelines .

As far as construction workers are concerned , i think the point has been already made the media are saying they think its the governments fault for not applying clarity to who should and shouldnt work and for self employed construction workers , how they can afford to stay at home when they arent getting paid.

i think streetwalker is making again the point that the gov are sending out vague conflicting messages as they weigh up the balancing act between keeping some of the economy running against the wider public health.