I can't see this nonsense lasting much longer

Started by Borchester, March 23, 2020, 02:17:37 PM

« previous - next »

Wiggles

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=19417 time=1585081136 user_id=53
As Ive said elsewhere Wiggles closing golf courses seems a bit daft to me . We have been playing in two balls for a couple of weeks now , the clubhouse is of course closed even the locker room . We even had signs on the flags not to touch them and the ball cleaners locked down

You can pack onto the tube (idiots) go to work ,the supermarket and generally carry on as  normal with a vague message to stay indoors but you cant walk around a field having a bit of exercise .

As you probably know many golf clubs are struggling , this forced closure could see some of them staying closed

Yep, bonkers. Can walk around a park, but not a golf course. However, it's a decision made by golf England, who don't actually have the power or authority to close any golf course.

Just watching the news, and now the media have decided to pick on construction workers, and pick them out as people who are not following guidelines. Strangely enough they have forgotten the millions of people who work in large offices with workers packed in like sardines.
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=19417 time=1585081136 user_id=53

As you probably know many golf clubs are struggling , this forced closure could see some of them staying closed

The one near Treliske hospital has closed but has left the car park open for hospital staff.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Streetwalker

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19391 time=1585062974 user_id=87
Golf England have suggested all courses close. Mine has, and all the ones in my surrounding area.

As Ive said elsewhere Wiggles closing golf courses seems a bit daft to me . We have been playing in two balls for a couple of weeks now , the clubhouse is of course closed even the locker room . We even had signs on the flags not to touch them and the ball cleaners locked down

You can pack onto the tube (idiots) go to work ,the supermarket and generally carry on as  normal with a vague message to stay indoors but you cant walk around a field having a bit of exercise .

johnofgwent

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19387 time=1585061001 user_id=70
Is that really an argument? Surely the status of "COVID-19 victim with underlying health conditions" could only be awarded if they succumbed to coronavirus after having lived with the other conditions — known or not?

COVID-19 can still be the immediate cause of death, whatever the victim is suffering from, if they are alive and expected to live on at the time of getting the disease...

Yes, but my real point is I read the list of things wrong with one chap who 'died of covid 19' as reported by the alarmist press and come on death was waiting for a feather to fall on them and push them off the perch.

My mum went downhill very, very rapidly after a spell in a 'respite care' home basically did for her. The official cause of death on her certificate is heart failure but we all know it was actually thirst caused by withdrawal of all feeding and liquid and injection of massive doses of all sorts to keep her from feeling death as it crept up.

As I said in an earlier post I dont relish seeing a thing like that again, but I'm damn sure the NHS would blame COVID 19 if it had been this month and a single sample swab taken from the corpse tested positive.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Wiggles

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=19264 time=1584973412 user_id=53
Your right Borky , I think they should open the pubs for the over 60's if only for an hour every evening .  

I had a really quite round of golf this morning , it was magic ,nobody about apart from a few deer and the greenkeeper cutting the 18th  . If Carlsberg made  self isolation I was there .

Golf England have suggested all courses close. Mine has, and all the ones in my surrounding area.

Sampanviking

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19363 time=1585036921 user_id=89
I understand the difference. I also suspect that Covid-19 has been in the country unnoticed since before Christmas.

I agree with you.

I had a case of flu in January that was unlike any other flu I had ever had before and the symptoms were identical to those ascribed to Corvid-19

To have such an usual type of flu identical to the "global threat" just before it was identified and went global, just seems to much of a coincidence for it to be one.

There are stories that this virus started in the States and that the first case in Wuhan had no connection to the Wet Market. May be true may be internet bs but there are anomalies and there should not be any.

patman post

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=19362 time=1585036551 user_id=63
And I say you are failing to understand the difference between dying of COVID-19 and dying of peanut allergy, smack overdose, or impact with a clapham omnibus while having traces of the virus in the bronchioles.

Is that really an argument? Surely the status of "COVID-19 victim with underlying health conditions" could only be awarded if they succumbed to coronavirus after having lived with the other conditions — known or not?

COVID-19 can still be the immediate cause of death, whatever the victim is suffering from, if they are alive and expected to live on at the time of getting the disease...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19363 time=1585036921 user_id=89
I also suspect that Covid-19 has been in the country unnoticed since before Christmas.

This I will agree with, and more.  I think many thousands have had it, maybe even over a million.  We don't know, and won't until the tests are ready.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19355 time=1585035648 user_id=89
Really it is all over TV news and newspapers:-

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-number-of-deaths-in-uk-rises-by-48-to-281-11962009">https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... 1-11962009">https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-number-of-deaths-in-uk-rises-by-48-to-281-11962009

No,it's not all over the papers that he died of it.  He had it, and he died, but also had a health condition.  It doesn't say why he died.  You can't assume things, because this is a common trick the media use to create a story that you will read.  I would bring your attention to the big story in the 90s about Leah Betts dying AFTER taking ecstacy, but in fact the coroner reported death caused by water intoxication.
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

papasmurf

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=19362 time=1585036551 user_id=63
And I say you are failing to understand the difference between dying of COVID-19 and dying of peanut allergy, smack overdose, or impact with a clapham omnibus while having traces of the virus in the bronchioles.

I understand the difference. I also suspect that Covid-19 has been in the country unnoticed since before Christmas.

johnofgwent

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19355 time=1585035648 user_id=89

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-number-of-deaths-in-uk-rises-by-48-to-281-11962009">https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... 1-11962009">https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-number-of-deaths-in-uk-rises-by-48-to-281-11962009

The world is filled with stories of dogs dying of this, thanks to a report by Bloomberg, while the truth is one dog, the pet of a bloke who death was already swinging his scythe at, who happened to have the infection, transferred a few cells to his dog in a final embrace with the animal. So.say Reuters who go on to say several veterinary tests failed to detect the virus in the animals tissues beyond the tip of the nasal cavity.

The link you posted starkly - and in my professional opinion as a former medical researcher crassly and in a manner reminiscent of sun journalism at it's best - states the 18 year old to be "the youngest to die who tested positive for Covid-19". Tomorrow I bet a toddler will fall under a bus, a passer by infected with the plague will rush to help, vomit their guts over the corpse when seeing it is beyond help and this oily rag of sensationalist shyte will blame the virus for their demise too...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

papasmurf

Quote from: Borchester post_id=19281 time=1584977518 user_id=62
Nothing in your world is a joking matter Pappy.

It is, but my wife and I's humour does not go down well on precious  internet forums. It would get me banned.

Wiggles

Quote from: Borchester post_id=19261 time=1584973057 user_id=62
The kids are only masking up out of kindness to the oldies and a lot of oldies are feeling bloody embarrassed about so much fuss being made about a few coughs and colds.

The pubs are shut and the cinemas are shut and the footie is shut and the public is getting bored arseless.

I give this keffufle until the end of April and then whoever is in charge will have to think up a new crisis.

Thank God, some common sense spoken. Yes, for many people the virus pretty horrible, but for many the symptoms are very mild. Yes, some old and vulnerable will die, but the chances are most didn't have long left anyway. In 2018 61200 people died of flue, and we didn't close all the shops and force a world recession.

You see, regardless of what the civilised countries do, third world countries will just continue as they are, and the virus will continue spreading. Unless we stop people coming in from such countries, the virus has to be given the time it needs to die off.

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=19348 time=1585003418 user_id=59
I haven't seen any claim that he died of Covid-19.

Scott777

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19263 time=1584973378 user_id=89
You are still in denial, latest death only 18 years old, and rate of deaths increasing.

I haven't seen any claim that he died of Covid-19.