Main Menu

Hot tar cookery.

Started by papasmurf, March 23, 2020, 03:15:39 PM

« previous - next »

cromwell

Knew a mortuary worker who kept his sarnies and brew milk next to a newly departed in a refrigerated draw,turned my stomach.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=19609 time=1585302141 user_id=103
I suppose it's no worse than how the footplate crews of steam locomotives of old used to cook bacon and eggs on a shovel held inside the firebox.  Or how some people used cook food wrapped in tinfoil on the exhaust manifold of their car's engine.

When I worked in a foundry as part of my apprenticeship all sorts of very dangerous methods of cooking and making tea happened.

(If the bottom drops out to the kettle over molten cast iron that is VERY dangerous.)
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19580 time=1585241493 user_id=89
I was originally a method of cooking used by French road maintenance crews and on French builders/civil engineers  as there was always a tar boiler in use.

It is still used at the completions of a project.

I suppose it's no worse than how the footplate crews of steam locomotives of old used to cook bacon and eggs on a shovel held inside the firebox.  Or how some people used cook food wrapped in tinfoil on the exhaust manifold of their car's engine.

papasmurf

Quote from: "Hyperduck Quack Quack" post_id=19562 time=1585232101 user_id=103
Wouldn't it take more energy to heat up a large vat of tar than to cook the food in an oven?

I was originally a method of cooking used by French road maintenance crews and on French builders/civil engineers  as there was always a tar boiler in use.

It is still used at the completions of a project.

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19576 time=1585238607 user_id=87
That's just disgusting, but what else do you expect from the froggies

well lets see wiggy , the french have world famous cuisine , world famous wine , and their country is the most visited in the world in terms of tourism for its beauty and climate.

What do you have down there in alf garnetstan?

Shit weather not far behind ours , bangers and mash :lol:  and that pishwater you call "ale".

Jellied eels? :lol:

Even the germans take the piss out of you. Big angie recently announced a german lockdown , and they said you will have to live poorly like ze english on bangers and cheese.

They called it the "wurst kase" scenario.

Anyhow wiggy hows life in the swamp after the big smoke?
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Wiggles

That's just disgusting, but what else do you expect from the froggies
A hand up, not a hand out

Hyperduck Quack Quack

Wouldn't it take more energy to heat up a large vat of tar than to cook the food in an oven?

If, after wrapping the food in tinfoil etc, you wrapped it securely in several sheets of lead, you could cook a joint in the cooling water (or gas, depending on type) of a nuclear reactor.

papasmurf

Not for the faint hearted and probably illegal in Britain. Hot tar cooking:-