Boris to address the nation tonight

Started by T00ts, March 23, 2020, 06:32:30 PM

« previous - next »

Streetwalker

Quote from: Nalaar post_id=19429 time=1585114415 user_id=99
Incorrect, plenty has changed, and as someone who works in a shopping centre the difference made in one day was dramatic.

Im tempted to say whats a shopping centre given the decline of such in recent years but fair enough if you have been having a touch of the dramas .

I wasn't though saying that nothing has changed , I was saying nothing has changed with Johnsons address to the nation as it was ambiguous ,vague and written with the economy in mind rather than the nations health  .

The media have been pushing for clarity for two days now and I would expect some clearer leadership to emerge with great haste and some differences enforced

Nalaar

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=19379 time=1585054126 user_id=53So nothing has changed then...

Incorrect, plenty has changed, and as someone who works in a shopping centre the difference made in one day was dramatic.
Don't believe everything you think.

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry post_id=19396 time=1585064490 user_id=51

I think it's the 19th hole that causes the trouble.  :X:  :parp:  :kikass:

The 19th closed the same day as the pubs . But I think your replies have indicated a need for clarity . The NHS have been screaming at us to stay indoors for some time and now my walk around the course has been taken away Im listening to them .

My semi isolation is now full time , as long as Tesco turn up with the supplies on Saturday week and every month thereafter Im staying where I am .

Barry

Quote from: Streetwalker post_id=19379 time=1585054126 user_id=53
More mixed messages from the government and a list of to dos that are easily circumnavigated

It's an emergency situation, there's not time for acts and sections.

QuoteShopping for basic necessities ..who decides what a necessity is ?  

The shopper. I needed food at Lidl, but got some unnecessary whisky whilst there, was that OK?  ;)
QuoteOne form of exercise a day ,...  yes guv Im on my first run

knowing my son, he will have packed sandwiches and be on an 8 hour bike ride in this weather.
QuoteAny medical need or to provide help ,...Yep just popping down Guptas for a bottle of Vodka for old Ernie next door ,he cant get out you know

I bet Gupta's happy.
QuoteTravelling to and from work .....That's everyone who cant or doesn't want to work from home . We have seen today in London the transport system overloaded with people packed into trains and tube  (service reduced by the idiot Mayor)

Yep, Saddo Khan is helping to spread the virus by reducing social distancing.

QuoteSo nothing has changed then apart from the golf courses closing which were probably the safest form of exercise  outside of your own home .

I think it's the 19th hole that causes the trouble.  :X:  :parp:  :kikass:
† The end is nigh †

Sampanviking

Blimey its 1940 again already!

Last night Winston Johnson was telling me he had nothing to offer but, Coughs, Sneezes and Breathing Difficulties.

Marks and Spencers gave a me complimentary box of vegetable seeds for my Dig for Victory

Corvid Precaution Officers will soon be patrolling telling us all to get back inside

While we also being encouraged to join the Warmington on Sea Auxillary Volounteers

I wonder which Character I will be

"Dont Panic ..... Dont Panic...."

or

"Were doomed - allll doomed...."

Streetwalker

Quote from: Barry post_id=19349 time=1585006950 user_id=51
From the government website:

More mixed messages from the government and a list of to dos that are easily circumnavigated

Shopping for basic necessities ..who decides what a necessity is ?  

One form of exercise a day ,...  yes guv Im on my first run

Any medical need or to provide help ,...Yep just popping down Guptas for a bottle of Vodka for old Ernie next door ,he cant get out you know

Travelling to and from work .....That's everyone who cant or doesn't want to work from home . We have seen today in London the transport system overloaded with people packed into trains and tube  (service reduced by the idiot Mayor)

So nothing has changed then apart from the golf courses closing which were probably the safest form of exercise  outside of your own home .

Borchester

Quote from: cromwell post_id=19338 time=1584998916 user_id=48
Well all those in lockdown with nowt to do,anyone give me odds that in a years time someone will be oohing and ahhing over a baby's pram and will enquire and what is his/her name

Well that's little covid or corona  :lol:

Dunno.

Once you get a twinkle in your you can overcome most obstacles, but not when you are forced to stay two metres apart  :shrg:
Algerie Francais !

Borchester

Well all those in lockdown with nowt to do,anyone give me odds that in a years time someone will be oohing and ahhing over a baby's pram and will enquire and what is his/her name

Dunno.

Once you get a twinkle in your eye you can overcome most obstacles, but not when you are forced to stay two metres apart  :shrg:
Algerie Francais !

Barry

† The end is nigh †

T00ts

An absolute certainty - here comes a new birth rate explosion.

cromwell

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Hyperduck Quack Quack

I think they said 3 weeks too. By then it should be clear which way the trend in new cases is going - downwards hopefully. 3 weeks seems a long time right now but it's short enough to make the counting off of each passing day meaningful. I've now been in self-imposed 'lockdown' for 9 days, having only been out 3 times - twice to buy essentials and once for a short walk.

Barry

I don't know how long he said, but at least the forum isn't driving me nuts now. Now where's that Sudoku book?
† The end is nigh †

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=19330 time=1584996732 user_id=51
OK, won't be having the grand-kids later this week. Hope the weather stays nice as had a lovely afternoon in the garden today. We'll soon have our garden pristine. If everyone stays home for 14 days that should stop new infections in their tracks.

There will be people already infected who will take 2 weeks to show symptoms. I thought he said 3 weeks but be prepared, this is one extension he will agree to.

Barry

OK, won't be having the grand-kids later this week. Hope the weather stays nice as had a lovely afternoon in the garden today. We'll soon have our garden pristine. If everyone stays home for 14 days that should stop new infections in their tracks.
† The end is nigh †