Boris to address the nation tonight

Started by T00ts, March 23, 2020, 06:32:30 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=19321 time=1584992128 user_id=51
My brother has a holiday tin box in Cromer and he was hoping to go back today. He had a call from the site owner to say he has to close down for 12 weeks from today.

Quite right too. If we are going to give ourselves any chance we all have to tow the line. (did you see it?  :lol: )

Barry

My brother has a holiday tin box in Cromer and he was hoping to go back today. He had a call from the site owner to say he has to close down for 12 weeks from today.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

I wonder if he will sing there was I, waiting at the church...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

T00ts

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=19312 time=1584988527 user_id=70
Too many options to consider unless one is placing bets. So to keep our sanity, we'll wait and see...

Perhaps but I think it will be counterproductive to go anything like half measures.

patman post

Too many options to consider unless one is placing bets. So to keep our sanity, we'll wait and see...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Just announced that BJ is addressing the nation at 8.30pm. It sounds serious. The talk today seems to have been that a cabinet split was on the cards unless he came out with some serious action in terms of closing down.

Any guesses? Will he go the whole hog and close the country or just London. Will he demand all those who have absconded to their 2nd homes or holiday places go back again? Will the army be on the streets? What do you think? How far will he go?