12 week isolation letter?

Started by T00ts, March 26, 2020, 02:09:04 PM

« previous - next »

T00ts

Quote from: GregB post_id=19567 time=1585234102 user_id=72
We've had a letter from hospital due to immune suppression drugs but nothing about 12 weeks just advice to stop taking specific medication if symptoms are evident and likelihood of consultation cancellations. Of course there's nothing about supplies.

I rang the GP and was told that NHS England was dealing with it. I found this site for anyone needing to register for help.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable">//https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable

GregB

Quote from: T00ts post_id=19561 time=1585231744 user_id=54
Has anyone received the promised letter about isolation for 12 weeks for the vulnerable over 70's. Does anyone know who is supposed to be sending it out? I have been verbally told but as yet no letter and I believe it gives details of who to call if there are problems over getting supplies etc.

We've had a letter from hospital due to immune suppression drugs but nothing about 12 weeks just advice to stop taking specific medication if symptoms are evident and likelihood of consultation cancellations. Of course there's nothing about supplies.

T00ts

Quote from: Barry post_id=19565 time=1585232791 user_id=51
Is it only for over 70s? I think it is about health not age. Anyway it's down to your doctor's surgery to mail the letters.

Those who will be contacted by their GP include people who have received organ transplants, those living with severe respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis and severe chronic bronchitis (COPD) or specific cancers like of the blood or bone marrow. It will also include people who are taking drugs that suppress the immune system.

They will receive a communication on Monday from their GP with detailed advice on how best to protect themselves.

Those measures include staying at home at all times and avoiding any face-to-face contact.

I'm not expecting one. It may actually be a text.

Thanks they've so far missed me. I'll give them a call.

Barry

Is it only for over 70s? I think it is about health not age. Anyway it's down to your doctor's surgery to mail the letters.

Those who will be contacted by their GP include people who have received organ transplants, those living with severe respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis and severe chronic bronchitis (COPD) or specific cancers like of the blood or bone marrow. It will also include people who are taking drugs that suppress the immune system.

They will receive a communication on Monday from their GP with detailed advice on how best to protect themselves.

Those measures include staying at home at all times and avoiding any face-to-face contact.

I'm not expecting one. It may actually be a text.
† The end is nigh †

Borchester

Quote from: T00ts post_id=19561 time=1585231744 user_id=54
Has anyone received the promised letter about isolation for 12 weeks for the vulnerable over 70's. Does anyone know who is supposed to be sending it out? I have been verbally told but as yet no letter and I believe it gives details of who to call if there are problems over getting supplies etc.

Not me, although the rates demand came through. Personally I expect the government to start winding down on this undignified hysteia. There is sod all they can do and pretty soon there has to be a reaction to all this sackcloth and ashes.
Algerie Francais !

T00ts