How are you preparing for the post Covid 19 world?

Started by Borchester, March 27, 2020, 12:31:53 PM

« previous - next »

Javert

I see Wiggles is now banned but the question would be - what age is he and since he believes these things, can we assume that he will be taking his own life on the birthday that he determines makes people a burden on society?

Barry

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21116 time=1586623585 user_id=70
There are, and have been, several posters on here who appear to have created SecondLife characters. It amuses them. It sometimes entertains a few of the rest of us. We can play with them, accept their reality, or ignore them as the fancy takes us. It's mostly our choice, while Forum management indulges us all...

Maybe I'm tired or suffering from cabin fever, but that's two posts today from you which are beyond my ken.

But on topic. I'm not preparing for the post Covid 19 world until I know when we are going to have our human rights returned. They have been taken away along with quite a bit of cash from our cancelled Greek Holiday.
† The end is nigh †

patman post

There are, and have been, several posters on here who appear to have created SecondLife characters. It amuses them. It sometimes entertains a few of the rest of us. We can play with them, accept their reality, or ignore them as the fancy takes us. It's mostly our choice, while Forum management indulges us all...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Wiggles

Quote from: "patman post" post_id=21106 time=1586614743 user_id=70
I agree. But there are a lot of phone-in characters — sounding like or suggesting they are — elderly gents not believing Covid-19 is serious, or wanting to go out and hug a Covid-19 sufferer because being locked in is torture, or suggesting they get put out the way because being old is just a burden on society.

I'm not certain that these characters are who they appear to be, or that their views are necessarily genuine,  or that they aren't just miserable old codgers, like trolls and wind-uppers, wanting to be noticed...

We mix in different circles, as everyone I know agrees with what I wrote. The problem is with forums like this is that they are predominantly occupied by either lefty liberals, or outright wokes. Such people have little contact with the working man, or just the average man in the street. I represent the majority, but you will probably find that hard to accept.
A hand up, not a hand out

patman post

Quote from: T00ts post_id=21099 time=1586610877 user_id=54
That really is a horrific point of view on your fellow man/woman, and even if you have the thought it says much more about you that you have the temerity to write it here not once but repeatedly. Quite depressing!

I agree. But there are a lot of phone-in characters — sounding like or suggesting they are — elderly gents not believing Covid-19 is serious, or wanting to go out and hug a Covid-19 sufferer because being locked in is torture, or suggesting they get put out the way because being old is just a burden on society.

I'm not certain that these characters are who they appear to be, or that their views are necessarily genuine,  or that they aren't just miserable old codgers, like trolls and wind-uppers, wanting to be noticed...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

T00ts

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=21095 time=1586610417 user_id=87
I never put down my wife, I simply pass on observations. Nothing wrong with euthanizing the old, they cost us a fortune, moan all the time, and smell of urine. Finally, poor people. Most poor people are poor because they couldn't be bothered to work hard and get on. They think the world owes them something, when in reality they are a drain on the better off. We don't need poor people, and we certainly don't need the disabled

That really is a horrific point of view on your fellow man/woman, and even if you have the thought it says much more about you that you have the temerity to write it here not once but repeatedly. Quite depressing!

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=20973 time=1586508328 user_id=58
Are you serious toots?

:-?  :)

It was a small light hearted joke at wiggles expense , and you feel im being unkind to a man who regularly puts down his dear wife on this forum to complete strangers , talks about euthanizing the old , and generally wouldnt spit on people struggling and poorer than himself as he feels they are beneath him. Thats some of his better qualities.

I think you need to get some perspective toots. Wiggles is a big boy  , and where i come from , if you dish it , you have to take it.

I never put down my wife, I simply pass on observations. Nothing wrong with euthanizing the old, they cost us a fortune, moan all the time, and smell of urine. Finally, poor people. Most poor people are poor because they couldn't be bothered to work hard and get on. They think the world owes them something, when in reality they are a drain on the better off. We don't need poor people, and we certainly don't need the disabled

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=20977 time=1586509285 user_id=58
I think your compassion is sadly wasted on wiggles.

Yes I found that to my cost. Never mind!

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20975 time=1586508734 user_id=54
Yes - for a moment there I had some compassion for another human being. I will try to reform! It might just take a while though.   :D  :fpigs:

I think your compassion is sadly wasted on wiggles.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

T00ts

Quote from: Thomas post_id=20973 time=1586508328 user_id=58
Are you serious toots?

It was a small light hearted joke at wiggles expense , and you feel im being unkind to a man who regularly puts down his dear wife on this forum to complete strangers , talks about euthanizing the old , and generally wouldnt spit on people struggling and poorer than himself as he feels they are beneath him. Thats some of his better qualities.

I think you need to get some perspective toots. Wiggles is a big boy  , and where i come from , if you dish it , you have to take it.

Yes - for a moment there I had some compassion for another human being. I will try to reform! It might just take a while though.   :D  :fpigs:

Thomas

Quote from: Borchester post_id=20913 time=1586438398 user_id=62
You are a good lass Toots, but I sometimes wonder about your sense of humour. To be honest, I have to wonder if you would even laugh at setting Pappy's trousers on fire.

Falls off the chair laughing at the very thought  :D  :D

:hattip

Thomas

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20906 time=1586437634 user_id=54
Sorry I don't agree. It's not funny when it's so obviously unkind. Even far right wingers are allowed feelings.  :shock:

Are you serious toots?

T00ts

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=20938 time=1586448648 user_id=87
They aren't strange, they are different. What we have at present doesn't work, so lets euthanize some old people and see how it goes. After all, what have we got to lose ?

Well for one thing you would lose me, and I was standing up for your non existent feelings apparently. I am stoopid after all! I would happily haunt you!

:shrg:

Wiggles

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20918 time=1586439600 user_id=54
I have a very well developed sense of humour Mr Borchester, as you well know. Just because someone has weird ideas and a strange notion of how society should and could work doesn't give the rest of us carte banche to gang up and kick them where it hurts. Behave yourself!!   :fpigs:  :crzy  :kikass:  :dncg:

They aren't strange, they are different. What we have at present doesn't work, so lets euthanize some old people and see how it goes. After all, what have we got to lose ?

Wiggles

Quote from: T00ts post_id=20906 time=1586437634 user_id=54
Sorry I don't agree. It's not funny when it's so obviously unkind. Even far right wingers are allowed feelings.  :shock:

Right wingers are proper men, we don't have feelings  :)