Doubts surface over Chinese virus death toll after thousands of urns spotted in Wuhan

Started by Borchester, March 28, 2020, 04:53:04 PM

« previous - next »

patman post

The meaning of stats of any type are possibly arguable.

But I notice that Deaths per Million of population are being reported on March 29 as:

China 2

Germany 6

USA 7

UK 18

France 35

Switzerland 35

Spain 141

Italy 178

*Luxembourg 34

*Andorra 78

*San Marino 648

The World 4.3

*Landlocked "microstates"

Assuming current reporting is accurate, I guess factors such as Total Population, Land Area, Population Concentration must play their part...
On climate change — we're talking, we're beginning to act, but we're still not doing enough...

Sampanviking

Quote from: Borchester post_id=19740 time=1585414384 user_id=62
of urns spotted in Wuhan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/27/doubts-surface-chinese-virus-death-toll-thousands-urns-spotted/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr">//%20https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/27/doubts-surface-chinese-virus-death-toll-thousands-urns-spotted/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr%20%20

It could be that a new garden centre is about to open, but you never know

Read the article (at least the first part) Borkie and it looks like a none story to me.

Sounds like the city funeral directors replenishing stock to me. Wuhan is a city of 11 million and that means anything between 250 and 300 deaths through all causes on any given day. AS the Article said, they did not know if the urns were empty or filled.

If you want to look for dodgy figures, I would look at the yanks and there remarkably low mortality rate so far. Are virus victims simply being reclassified in line with underlying conditions?

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19790 time=1585482221 user_id=58
i know greenock well john , many friends there and just along the road from where i am born and bred.

Bit ruff inverclyde , but the folk are the salt of the earth.

It's funny though, I think back now to those days when I would think nothing of shoving half a ton of server and half a ton of dive kit in the back of the Vectra, drive to the ends of the earth to install the server, then take the money and drive off the end of the earth in search of a dive boat captain with time on his hands. And it was *FUN*.

I think the world has seen the end of that and is poorer for it in oh so many ways.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=19788 time=1585482101 user_id=63
I admit it has been a while since I have had business dealings north of the border, and the nearest dealings i had were with Greenock in the days when dad was an active IBM engineer so even longer ago than that. But this comes as no surprise...

i know greenock well john , many friends there and just along the road from where i am born and bred.

Bit ruff inverclyde , but the folk are the salt of the earth.
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19787 time=1585481756 user_id=58
You forget though john , and all joking aside , i have lived most of my life under the scottish labour mafia until recently.

Theres nothing you can tell me  , nothing you have seen , i havent seen in scotland a million times over under that lot.

I admit it has been a while since I have had business dealings north of the border, and the nearest dealings i had were with Greenock in the days when dad was an active IBM engineer so even longer ago than that. But this comes as no surprise...
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: johnofgwent post_id=19783 time=1585480964 user_id=63
Certainly how it works in Cardiff.

But in our version it's a Cardiffian, a Cardigan, and a Man of Harlech.  The Cardigan gets the job, subcontracting to the cardiffian

And the cardigan does not have to whisper as the Cardiffian can't understand a word that passes between the corrupt official and the "entrepreneurial" west walian.

The man of Harlech has a problem too. south walian and north walian welsh are two different languages

And down here it's not a joke, the case was brought over the dodgy dealings at an ebbw vale race track and the motorsport spinoff companies attracted to the area under false pretences.

You forget though john , and all joking aside , i have lived most of my life under the scottish labour mafia until recently.

Theres nothing you can tell me  , nothing you have seen , i havent seen in scotland a million times over under that lot.

The only difference is you are still under labour mafioso rule , with the acompanying dodgy deals and underhand politics.

Remember labours claim to fame was they had dragged glasgow down so low it rivalled african cities or old communist cities behind the iron curtain , while a small cabal of dodgy car dealers masquerading as politicians stitched us all up.

johnofgwent

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19762 time=1585470587 user_id=58
You never know borkie. Well , here in the peace loving health paradise of scotland , life carries on near enough as normal...

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken wall at holyrood.

one from Aberdeen , another from Edinburgh and the third, Glesga ..

They go with a government official to examine the wall.

The Aberdeen contractor takes out a tape measure and does some

measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Fitt', he says, 'I hink the job will run about £900: £400 for

materials, £400 for my crew and £100 profit for me.'

The Edinburgh contractor also does some measuring and figuring, and then

says, 'I can do this job for £700: £300 for materials, £300 for my

crew and £100 profit for me.'

The Glesga contractor doesn't measure or figure but leans over to

the Government official and whispers, "£2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, 'You didn't even measure like the

other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Glesga contractor whispers back, '£1000 for me, £1000 for you,

and we hire the clown from Edinburgh tae fix the wall.'

'Done!' replies the government official.

And that friends, ...... Is how it all works!

Certainly how it works in Cardiff.

But in our version it's a Cardiffian, a Cardigan, and a Man of Harlech.  The Cardigan gets the job, subcontracting to the cardiffian

And the cardigan does not have to whisper as the Cardiffian can't understand a word that passes between the corrupt official and the "entrepreneurial" west walian.

The man of Harlech has a problem too. south walian and north walian welsh are two different languages

And down here it's not a joke, the case was brought over the dodgy dealings at an ebbw vale race track and the motorsport spinoff companies attracted to the area under false pretences.

johnofgwent

Yeah, Chinese figures on this are going to be TOTALLY believable aren't they ...

Thomas

of urns spotted in Wuhan

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/27/doubts-surface-chinese-virus-death-toll-thousands-urns-spotted/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr">//%20https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/27/doubts-surface-chinese-virus-death-toll-thousands-urns-spotted/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr%20%20

You never know borkie. Well , here in the peace loving health paradise of scotland , life carries on near enough as normal...

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken wall at holyrood.

one from Aberdeen , another from Edinburgh and the third, Glesga ..

They go with a government official to examine the wall.

The Aberdeen contractor takes out a tape measure and does some

measuring, then works some figures with a pencil.

'Fitt', he says, 'I hink the job will run about £900: £400 for

materials, £400 for my crew and £100 profit for me.'

The Edinburgh contractor also does some measuring and figuring, and then

says, 'I can do this job for £700: £300 for materials, £300 for my

crew and £100 profit for me.'

The Glesga contractor doesn't measure or figure but leans over to

the Government official and whispers, "£2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, 'You didn't even measure like the

other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?'

The Glesga contractor whispers back, '£1000 for me, £1000 for you,

and we hire the clown from Edinburgh tae fix the wall.'

'Done!' replies the government official.

And that friends, ...... Is how it all works!

papasmurf

Quote from: Scott777 post_id=19744 time=1585416488 user_id=59
Take it with a pinch of ash.   :shrg:

Probably  the Chinese version of Kimchi.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Scott777

of urns spotted in Wuhan

Take it with a pinch of ash.   :shrg:
Those princes who have done great things have held good faith of little account, and have known how to craftily circumvent the intellect of men.  Niccolò Machiavelli.

Borchester

of urns spotted in Wuhan

Algerie Francais !