How Has The Shutdown Changed Your Life

Started by Wiggles, March 29, 2020, 09:41:45 AM

« previous - next »

johnofgwent

Bernard Knight once had a call out to a murder with a body under the hotel bed.

On arrival he found a sex doll.

As he went out he suggested to the copper that summoned him that he expected the poor bloody chambermaid to lose it and panic, but he expected better of the copper sent to see what was really going on.

I rather suspect the next call will be the real thing.

And i wont be using a bloody travelodge again.
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Wiggles

It's getting even madder. Travel Lodge are prepared to take in the homeless during the Covid-19 crises. Try telling them they can't smoke in the rooms, let along shoot up.
A hand up, not a hand out

Wiggles

Quote from: Thomas post_id=19785 time=1585481207 user_id=58
:lol:

Well if you are retired , live on the edge of a swamp in the lincolnshire fens , and your greatest inconvenience is having to talk to the wife all day cause you cant get to the golf course or the pub , i suspect not.

What size boots are you wiggy jist in case? :lol:

Thomas, I suspect your life is therefore not effected, I am happy for you

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=19792 time=1585483499 user_id=48
Well you'll have to do a few more diy jobs to keep yourself occupied.

When the cold frame is finished no project left except jungle clearance to grow more veg.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=19792 time=1585483499 user_id=48

When the cold frame is finished no project left except jungle clearance to grow more veg.

cromwell

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19778 time=1585477886 user_id=89
At least June or until a vaccine is available.

Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

Barry

Of course our lives have been changed! We usually go out dancing once a week. We like eating out with friends. Our church has closed down and is doing online services. I can't meet the grandkids, can't see my own kids. The only area that hasn't changed much is work, because we are both p/t in the NHS and they need us more than ever at the moment.
† The end is nigh †

johnofgwent

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19784 time=1585481018 user_id=87
We are prolonging it by not letting it run it's course.

Anyway, let's get back on track. How is this shutdown effecting people's lives, because I suspect many people aren't effected at all.

The industry I work in has been under sustained attack by people who wish it ill for ideological reasons for the past two decades. I doubt i will have a job in it when the current 80% furlough payments end. I am however getting emails wanting my former skill set in sandy, arid, hot countries. I might just take them up on their invitation to know more ...

Care to give me some examples of people whose lives have not been radically impacted by this nationwide house arrest  ??

https://media1.tenor.com/images/8e2795f3b771649a28b7d349fd3ffbc6/tenor.gif?itemid=7874103">
<t>In matters of taxation, Lord Clyde\'s summing up in the 1929 case Inland Revenue v Ayrshire Pullman Services is worth a glance.</t>

Thomas

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19784 time=1585481018 user_id=87

Anyway, let's get back on track. How is this shutdown effecting people's lives, because I suspect many people aren't effected at all.

:lol:

Well if you are retired , live on the edge of a swamp in the lincolnshire fens , and your greatest inconvenience is having to talk to the wife all day cause you cant get to the golf course or the pub , i suspect not.

What size boots are you wiggy jist in case? :lol:
An Fhirinn an aghaidh an t-Saoghail!

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19778 time=1585477886 user_id=89

We are prolonging it by not letting it run it's course.

papasmurf

Quote from: cromwell post_id=19775 time=1585475956 user_id=48
Well it's something we had all better get used to because Boris stated three weeks lock down because he didn't really want to say it'll probably be June before it ends.

cromwell

Well it's something we had all better get used to because Boris stated three weeks lock down because he didn't really want to say it'll probably be June before it ends.
Energy....secure and affordable,not that hard is it?

papasmurf

Quote from: Barry post_id=19772 time=1585473774 user_id=51

Check before travelling, as lots of appointments are being cancelled.

I already did that. All routine eye tests  cancelled, mine is not a routine eye test.  I have a confirmation email. (Which I have printed out to show to police stop checks.)

A local woman had four police stop checks on her way to work and she is a radiographer.

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19771 time=1585473025 user_id=89
Given the number of idiots taking no notice of what they are being told to do, and being in the high risk category I am reluctant to go outside at all.

Next week I have to go for a post operative eye surgery check and I am NOT looking forward to that.

I suspect your eye surgery will be postponed. I'm not sure where you are seeing all these so called idiots. My nearest town is like a ghost town, with hardly anyone around. The local roads are also dead. I presume from what you have said the shutdown hasn't had much of an impact on your life, so I am happy for you.

Barry

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19765 time=1585471676 user_id=89
It has made me realise just how many irresponsible prats and nasty bastards there are in the population.

Depends on whether you're a glass half full or empty type, Papa, we know you're a bit of a pestimist.
Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19771 time=1585473025 user_id=89
Next week I have to go for a post operative eye surgery check and I am NOT looking forward to that.

Check before travelling, as lots of appointments are being cancelled.
† The end is nigh †