How Has The Shutdown Changed Your Life

Started by Wiggles, March 29, 2020, 09:41:45 AM

« previous - next »

papasmurf

Quote from: Wiggles post_id=19769 time=1585472723 user_id=87
If you live in a city or large town, this will be more evident, where I live people are being compliant and sensible. That said, there are many misconceptions regarding what people can and can not do.

So, do I take it the shutdown hasn't had much of an impact on your life?

Given the number of idiots taking no notice of what they are being told to do, and being in the high risk category I am reluctant to go outside at all.

Next week I have to go for a post operative eye surgery check and I am NOT looking forward to that.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

Quote from: papasmurf post_id=19765 time=1585471676 user_id=89
It has made me realise just how many irresponsible prats and nasty bastards there are in the population.

If you live in a city or large town, this will be more evident, where I live people are being compliant and sensible. That said, there are many misconceptions regarding what people can and can not do.

So, do I take it the shutdown hasn't had much of an impact on your life?
A hand up, not a hand out

papasmurf

It has made me realise just how many irresponsible prats and nasty bastards there are in the population.
Nemini parco qui vivit in orbe

Wiggles

You can be forgiven for thinking that the Covid-19 shutdown has made a massive change for everyone, but has it. Although retired, I am still very active. I play golf four or five times a week, have golfing days out, have just had two holidays cancelled, and go to my local pub every day for a few pints in the afternoon. I now find myself vegetating at home. OK, I have done a bit of DIY, a bit of gardening, cleaned the cars, and gone for a few walks. I am having to talk to my wife all day, and to be honest have never found that I have much in common with women. In short, I am presently hating my life, whereas before I loved it. For many people this isn't the case. For example, I have a friend who is only 51, but retired. Him and his wife are joined at the hip, and apart from holidays the only time they go out is to go shopping and walk the dog. In short, his life is pretty much the same. The elderly couple who live next door are pretty much the same, less the walking dog bit.

So, what impact has all this nonsense had on you ?
A hand up, not a hand out